Snapchat is a popular ephemeral messaging app. The instant messaging app has found its main audience in Gen Z. Like any major social media platform, Snapchat also can deny you access to your account. While the reasons may vary from questionable content to involving third-party apps. If you are here to know, Why Your Access to Snapchat is Temporarily disabled, keep reading!
You might get logged out of your Snapchat account with a message pop that says, “your access to Snapchat is temporarily disabled.” Snapchat might have temporarily disabled your account for violating its community policy and guidelines.
The know the reason, Why Your Access to Snapchat is Temporarily Disabled and how can you fix it, stay with us!
Why Your Access to Snapchat is Temporarily Disabled?
The reasons to know Why Your Access to Snapchat is Temporarily Disabled are many, but the following is a list to check if you have violated any of the mentioned rules.
- You have violated the Terms of Service or Community Guidelines.
- You are using illegal Third-party apps.
- You are adding an excessive number of friends to your Snapchat account.
- You might have ignored the mail from Snapchat, where it mentioned changing the password of your account.
How to Fix When Snapchat is Temporarily Disabled?
To understand How to Fix When Snapchat is Temporarily Disabled, you need to follow the given steps.
There are two main methods by which you can unlock your disabled Snapchat account.
How to Fix When Snapchat is Temporarily Disabled by Unlock Page
- Uninstall third-party Snapchat apps: Your account might be disabled by Snapchat because your device may have third-party Snapchat apps. You need to delete these apps from your device and check if can log in to your Snapchat account.
- In a web browser log in to this link: You can unlock your account by going to the browser and following the above link. However, you might need to wait up to 24 hours for your account to reactivate.
- The above-mentioned website will give you access to log in with your username and password.
- Once you log into your account, there will be an option to Unlock, tap on that.
- Snapchat will want you to verify and confirm your e-mail address.
- Once you confirm your e-mail address with Snapchat, you will be able to unlock your account.
How to Fix When Snapchat is Temporarily Disabled by Contacting Snapchat
- In a web browser, go to this link.
- Click on the contact us option on the webpage.
- From the menu bar, select my account login.
- From Oh no! Tell us more, select I think my account was hacked.
- From the page, an option, Need help with something else, will appear.
- Select yes on Need help with something else option.
- Put your account details, including your e-mail ID, in the given boxes.
- Write a message stating your issue with your Snapchat account.
- Tap on send and wait for the response from Snapchat.
What Happens When Snapchat is Temporarily Disabled?
Your Snapchat account may be deactivated or temporarily disabled by Snapchat. In that scenario, your friends won’t be able to see your Snaps or contact you on Snapchat.
If you have deactivated your Snapchat for over 30 days. Snapchat will permanently delete your account. Your database as a Snapchat user will be deleted.
If after 30 days you want to access your account, you can not. However, you can make a new account anytime.
Snapchat can deny you access to your account. While the reasons may vary from questionable content to involving third-party apps. If you are here to know, Why Your Access to Snapchat is Temporarily disabled, read the entire article and do share it with your friends!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can’t I access my Snapchat account?
Your account might be temporarily locked by Snapchat for violating any of its policies.
How to recover my temporarily disabled Snapchat account?
You can get access to your account by following the steps mentioned in the article.
Can I recover my deactivated account after 30 days?
No, you can not recover your reactivate your deactivated account after 30 days. Snapchat permanently deletes the account after 30 days.