Games have advanced technology, and it is the most important source of entertainment. You must be spending a lot of money on your favorite games. But, if something goes wrong with our game, it is understandable you can get worried. Playstation 4 is a popular game, but there are a lot of technical things on its controller. There are multiple lights, like white, blue, and orange, on the controller, and it flashes. There are multiple reasons for the PS4 controller blinking white stick to the post to know more.
In any case, it’s important to pay attention to the light on your controller, as it can provide valuable information about what’s going on with your device. You must have thought about whether you can use a PS5 controller on PS4. There is no need to buy a new controller or call a technician to fix your white light flesh. I think you should find out the reasons why it is happening so you can play your PS4 game easily without any disturbance. So, if you are here to know why is your PS4 controller blinking white, stay tuned.
What is the Reason for PS4 Controller Blinking White?
There are a few reasons for the Playstation 4 controller blinking white. Maybe your controller is charging, or there is a problem with your controller. I have given reasons below so you can figure out why is your PS4 controller blinking white.
- The controller is trying to pair with a PS4 console or another device. When a controller is in pairing mode, it will rapidly blink white. To put the controller into pairing mode, you can simultaneously hold down the PlayStation button and the Share button for a few seconds until the light starts flashing.
- The controller is charging. When a controller is plugged into a PS4 console or a USB charger, the light will blink white to indicate that it is charging.
- The controller’s battery is low. If the controller’s battery is low and it’s not plugged in to charge, the light will blink white to indicate that the battery is running low.
- There is a problem with the controller. If the controller is having a problem, it may blink white to indicate that there is an error. In this case, you may need to troubleshoot the issue or try resetting the controller.
How to Fix PS4 Controller Blinking White?
If your PS4 controller is blinking white, you can fix it easily. I have explained all the reasons above why your PS4 controller is blinking white. But knowing the reasons is not enough. I have given 3 different methods to fix your PS4 controller.
1. Check Your USB Cable
You can fix your PS4 controller blinking white using your USB cable. I have mentioned a step-by-step guide below so you can fix it easily.
- Try to plug the USB into the Playstation 4 once you get the replacement.
- Now, find a Dualshock controller and plug your USB cable into that.
- If you notice the light color changes to blue or orange, it means the issue was the cable.
2. Reset Your Console
You can fix your PS4 controller blinking white by resetting the console. I have mentioned a step-by-step guide below so you can fix it easily.
- Hold the power button of your PS4 and power it off for a few seconds.
- Now, detach the power code from the back side of the Playstation 4.
- Wait for a few minutes now.
- Try to plug back your power cable now.
- On your Playstation 4 now.
- Plug in your USB charging cable to your PS4.
- Now, plug in your USB cable to the Dualshock controller.
- Press the on button on your Dualshock controller to turn it on.
3. Reset the Controller
You can fix your PS4 controller blinking white by resetting your controller. I have mentioned a step-by-step guide below so you can fix it easily.
- Flip your controller and find out the rest button on the top right corner of the controller.
- Now, push the reset button inside using a sharp tool like a SIM card opener.
- Try to hold down the button for a few seconds.
- Now, try to reconnect the Dualshock controller to the PS4.
- You are down with the process now. Check the light status now.
Why is My PS4 Controller Blinking White?
In this post, I have covered all about why is your PS4 controller blinking white. I have mentioned all the reasons for it and a few fixes which you can try. Try these fixes so you can play your favorite game without any worry or without buying a new controller. Follow Path of EX for more updates. Have a great day!!!
Whys is my PS4 controller blinking white?
There are many reasons for it like maybe your USB cable is not working battery of the controller is low.
How do I turn off my PS4 without a controller?
You need to press and hold the power button for a few seconds to hear a beep; then, it will be off.
Which color of lights indication on the PS4 controller?
There are 3 types of light indication on the PS4 controller orange, blue, and white.