Are you one of the crazy low-budget iPhone users? If yes, then you are among iPhone sad users waiting for the launch of the fourth-generation iPhone SE 4. Apple always remains in the global talk for its new & innovative gadgets launch. So, many iPhone consumers are anticipating the launch of its new iPhone SE 4 mode. But, the tweet of Ming-Chi Kuo, Apple’s technology analyst, has broken the heart of many iPhone users. The tweet of a technology analyst created confusion about whether Apple cancel or postpone iPhone SE 4 release.
On 21 December 2022, on Apple’s official Twitter homepage, it was mentioned that Apple could delay or postpone the launch of the fourth-generation iPhone SE 4. On the same Apple’s Twitter social page, it is also stated that the launch of the iPhone SE 4 may occur next year, i.e., 2024. However, Apple analyst Kuo recently said on 30 March 2023, while interviewing one of the media sources, that the launch of the fourth-generation iPhone SE 4 will have a delay of 1-2 months.
In the below post, I will help you know the actual reason behind the cancellation or postponement of the iPhone SE 4. In addition, you will also be able to understand the exact release date for the new iPhone model, i.e., iPhone SE 4.
In This Article
Why Did Apple Cancel or Postpone iPhone SE 4?
Apple’s technology analyst, Ming-Chi Kuo, has stated that there will be a delay in the launch of the fourth-generation iPhone SE 4, or the launch can be withdrawn. Ming-Chi Kuo has decided because the earlier launched mid and low-range iPhone series, like iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 14 Plus, and iPhone SE 3, have not given the expected sell ratio.
The presence of full screens like OLED and LCD on low-budget iPhones like the fourth generation is adversely affecting Apple’s ROI. Hence, Kuo stated that it is not wise to launch a rich-feature iPhone gadget like the fourth-generation iPhone SE 4 during the recession. Therefore, the world’s most anticipated headset will not be able to be a part of WWDC Apple’s June Event.
The Background of the fourth-generation iPhone SE 4
Many iPhone users are rumored to have the features in the soon-to-be-launched fourth-generation iPhone SE 4. Check out the below guide to know each available component in Apple’s iPhone SE 4, which is yet to be launched.
- Design: One of the iPhone SE 4 information leakers informed that the iPhone SE 4 is similar to the iPhone XR, 2018 model. But, Apple technologist Ming-Chi Kuo has revealed that the iPhone SE 4 will look like the iPhone 14.
- Display: Apple’s display analyst Ross Young believes the iPhone SE 4 will have 5.7-inch and 6.1-inch display options. Instead, the technology analyst believes that the iPhone SE 4 display will settle for a 6.1-inch OLED display.
- Display Material: Since the launch of the iPhone 12, Apple has used an OLED display for all its flagship iPhone line-ups. Therefore, the fourth-generation iPhone SE 4 is believed to also launch with an OLED display.
- Notch: Apple used the Notch display on its 2017 XR launch. So, it is assumed that Apple will use the same Notch- display system for its iPhone SE 4 line-up.
- Touch and Face ID: Since 2017, Apple has been using Face ID and can opt for this feature in its next generations iPhone SE line-ups. But, information is currently revealing that Apple will use the Touch ID power button in its fourth-generation iPhone SE 4, similar to what it has already used in iPad, iPad mini, and iPad Air. The Touch ID power button is not used in any iPhone flagship to date. Hence, iPhone SE 4 will be the first iPhone with this function.
- A-Series Chip: The current iPhone SE line-ups are possessed with the same chip used in iPhone 13, i.e., A15. The new iPhone SE launch can now be equipped with a prior-generation chip.
- Modem and 5-G: The current line-ups of iPhone SE models contain an in-built 5G technology. And the new launch will most likely possess the upgraded 5-G chip that will support most brands. So, the fourth generation iPhone SE 4 is considered the first iPhone flagship equipped with Apple’s in-house modem chip.
- Device Test Status: Apple’s technology analyst, Ming-Chi Kuo, has also stated that Apple’s iPhone SE 4 will be launched for in-house modem chip testing. As per Apple’s technology analyst, iPhone SE 4 will not be a part of mass production and will not be available to the public.
Why Did Apple Cancel or Postpone iPhone SE 4? Possible Reasons
There might be many possible reasons for the cancellation or postponement of the fourth-generation iPhone SE 4. So, check out all the probability reasons to know the possibility behind: Why Did Apple Cancel or Postpone iPhone SE 4?
Supply Chain Issues
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many global traders’ supply chains got interrupted, leading to a shortage of various components. Due to this, many product productions get delayed. This can be why Apple depends on its component suppliers to bring its iOS device ready for consumers.
Hence, studies also showed that Apple is facing issues completing its iPhone SE 4 mass production due to a shortage of main components. Therefore, this can be the main reason for the possible cancellation or postponement of the iPhone SE 4.
The Shift in Apple’s Priorities
Apple is widely known for its commitment, words, and innovative gadgets creation. Therefore, Apple has shifted its priority from iPhone SE 4 to the launch of iPhone 15 Pro Max and MacBook Pro. Apple iPhone SE 4 might be a low priority due to the recession the big companies face in 2023.
Therefore, Apple might have delayed or postponed the launch of the fourth-generation iPhone SE 4.
Competing with Its Own Products
Apple is already dealing in its already-launched products like iPhone line-ups, Macbook, iPad, and iPod. So, rich-feature low and budget products can affect Apple’s revenue for all the other products. Opting for low-budget products with great features will create competition in Apple’s own gadgets and cannibalize productivity. Hence, it can also be a big reason for Apple cancel or postpone iPhone SE 4 launch date.
There is high competition in the smartphone market, and Apple faces tough or stiff competition with other big manufacturers like Huawei and Samsung. And Apple has expected that iPhone SE 4 will not offer any competition with its competitors. Hence, this can also be a major reason for canceling or postponing the launch of the fourth-generation iPhone SE 4.
Is Apple Planning to Release a New Model of iPhone SE?
The exact date for launching the fourth-generation iPhone SE 4 model has been revealed. At some points, the date of launch is 1-2 months. Whereas some tweets also stated that the launch of the iPhone SE 4 is postponed until 2024.
One of Apple’s analysts, Jeff Pu, also claimed that the launch of the iPhone SE 4 had been postponed to one more year, i.e., 2025. Hence, one statement also finds that as per Apple’s technology analyst, Ming-Chi Kuo, Apple is currently planning to wait to release its iPhone SE 4 model. Therefore, the date for the launch of the iPhone SE 4 has yet to be announced.
Why Did Apple Cancel or Postpone iPhone SE 4?
Apple has canceled or postponed its new iPhone SE 4, which still needs to be answered. Although, many Ming-Chi Kuo Tweets suggest that Apple has no plan to release the fourth-generation iPhone SE 4. Many iPhone users are confused and upset. Therefore, they look forward to knowing, “Why Did Apple Cancel or Postpone iPhone SE 4?” The reason could be Supply Chain issues, a Shift in Apple’s priorities, competing Apple products, or market saturation. All the details are entirely explained in the above respective headers.
Are you also waiting to launch the fourth-generation iPhone SE 4? Please share your views and expectations that you are looking to get in iPhone SE 4. Also, please share this post with your friends to make them understand the background and launch news for iPhone SE 4 model.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the features of the iPhone SE 4 model?
The expected design of the iPhone SE 4 is as follows.
5.7-inch and 6.1-inch screen.
Notch OLED display.
Use of Touch ID power button.
Upgraded 5-G chip.
Use of A15 in-house modem chip.
2. When was iPhone SE 4 expected to be released?
Apple has yet to announce the actual release date for iPhone SE 4.
3. Is Apple Planning to Release a New Model of iPhone SE?
Any analysts, including Ming-Chi Kuo and Ross Young, give no confirmation.
4. Why did Apple cancel or postpone iPhone SE 4 release?
There may be a possibility behind canceling or postponing the release of the iPhone Se 4. The possible reasons are as follows.
Sift in Apple’s Priority
Competition among Apple’s own iOS devices.
Supply Chain Issues.