WhatsApp is a leading messaging platform and after it was acquired by Meta in 2014, there have been many new changes that are incorporated on the platform. There are many new changes on the WhatsApp app, you can send messages, upload stories, call your friends, and more. In the latest development, WhatsApp has announced that it is introduced group voice chats on the platform. If you are someone who wants to know about the new feature, then you are at the right place. In this article, I will tell you about the WhatsApp Group Voice Chats feature and how to use WhatsApp group voice chats.
WhatsApp group voice chats as the name suggests is a feature that helps a user create an ongoing group audio conversation. WhatsApp group voice chats are an enhancement in the earlier launched voice messages feature on the platform. And with this new feature, WhatsApp is bringing the whole group in on it.
So, without further ado, let’s dig in to learn about, the WhatsApp Group Voice Chats feature and how to use WhatsApp group voice chats.
In This Article
What is the WhatsApp Group Voice Chats Feature?
📝 WhatsApp beta for Android 188.8.131.52: what's new?— WABetaInfo (@WABetaInfo) August 6, 2023
WhatsApp is rolling out voice chats, a new feature to communicate in your groups, and it’s available to some beta testers!https://t.co/FxlDMc22HX pic.twitter.com/eBUnDVaeBE
WhatsApp has released a beta version of group voice chats, a feature that creates an ongoing group audio conversation. The feature has a more Discord-like feel than when you typically give your friends a ring.
WhatsApp will let a group of up to 32 people connect for a spoken session and like other messages on WhatsApp, voice messages on WhatsApp are end-to-end encrypted by default.
In case, the WhatsApp group voice chat feature is live, you will notice a waveform icon within group chats but only if the WhatsApp account has the feature enabled and includes compatibility with the group.
How to Use WhatsApp Group Voice Chats Feature?
As of now, WhatsApp voice chat only appears to be available in beta for Android users. But the platform is planning to launch the feature for more people in the coming days.
In order to know how to use the WhatsApp group voice chats feature, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Launch the WhatsApp app on your device.
- Head to any group of your choice on the platform.
- In case the feature is available there, you will notice a waveform icon within group chats — but only if the WhatsApp account has the feature enabled and includes compatibility with the group.
- Tap on the wave button and it will launch the voice chat on the platform and will say voice chat opened with a microphone to its left and a red X to its right.
- Members of the group of up to 32 people can jump in and start talking. Unlike the existing group calls feature, group voice chats will not make everyone’s phone ring.
- Other members of the group will receive a push notification instead of a ring during WhatsApp group voice chats.
Note: In case everyone leaves the WhatsApp group voice chats, the session remains active but will automatically end after an hour.
WhatsApp is a popular messaging app and is known for its frequent updates. In the latest development, WhatsApp has announced that it is introduced group voice chats on the platform. To know, about the WhatsApp Group Voice Chats feature and how to use WhatsApp group voice chats, read the entire article and do share it with your friends.
For more trending stuff on technology, Social Media, and Gaming, keep visiting Path of EX. For any queries, comment below, and we will get back to you ASAP!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is voice chat in WhatsApp group?
Voice chats are similar to group calls, but instead of ringing everyone in the group, it will send a silent notification.
2. How many members can join in WhatsApp group voice chat?
WhatsApp will let a group of up to 32 people connect for a spoken session in group voice chat.
3. Is WhatsApp group voice chats available on iOS?
No. WhatsApp group voice chats is a new feature that WhatsApp is rolling out a new update through the Google Play Beta Program, bringing the version up to 184.108.40.206.