Everyone uses the internet on their mobile devices, and if you’re an Android user, you must be accessing the internet through a web browser. The web browser lets you visit any website in the world or get any information you want.
However, sometimes in android, the web browser’s homepage shows us a bunch of irrelevant links or advertisements, which is pretty much annoying. But many of us don’t realize that we can solve this issue by changing the homepage of our web browser. To do that, you need to utilize the link content://com.android.browser.home/.
What is content://com.android.browser.home/?
Content://com.android.browser.home/ is basically a code that is used to change a default homepage of a web browser and to customize different features of a web browser on a mobile device.
Almost all mobile devices come with a default web browser’s homepage, which can be annoying at times. You can customize the settings of a web browser by using this command.
If you don’t know how to do that, don’t worry! Because you are at the right place. The step-by-step guide for customizing a web browser’s homepage is mentioned bhtnews.com and also we tried to explain below:
But you need to understand that content://com.android.browser.home/ link can only be used on the default browsers. Otherwise, it would just prompt an error message. Therefore, we need to put your favorite web browser on defaults.
How to Setup A Default Web Browser?
Putting your favorite web browser on defaults is quite an easy process. You only need to comply with the given steps:
- Go to the settings of your android device.
- Search for the option of the apps section.
- Tap on the apps section and explore the default apps option.
- Once you find a default apps section, click on it and then opt for the web browser.
- Now select your preferred browser.
You just selected your preferred web browser as the default browser in your smartphone. Considerably straightforward, right? Now, look at the steps to customize your web browser’s homepage.
How To Modify The Homepage Of A Web Browser (Chrome)?
Similar to putting a web browser on default, changing the homepage of a web browser is fairly an easy step. Follow the steps to do that:
- Open the default web browser on your mobile phone.
- Click on the three-dot icon on the upper right of the page.
- Find ‘settings’ and then select it.
- Find the ‘Homepage’ option and open it.
- Type in the URL of your preferred homepage.
- Re-launch your web browser, and you will see the homepage of your choice.
Hold on! There is one more method to change the homepage of your web browser.
- Open your default web browser on your smartphone.
- Go to the website that you want to be on as the homepage of your browser.
- Copy the URL of that site in bookmarks under the menu option.
- Again press on the menu button and open the bookmark.
- You will see your that website’s URL.
- Press and hold on to that option until a pop-up shows up.
- In that pop-up window, select the option of “set as homepage”
And You’re done!
These steps are for changing the homepage of a web browser if your default web browser is chrome. But what if your default web browser is Mozilla Firefox? Well, then follow the below-mentioned steps.
How To Modify Your Web Browser’s Homepage(Mozilla Firefox)?
- Open the Mozilla Firefox web browser
- Click on the three-dot option on the upper right corner of your page.
- Opt for ‘general’ in settings.
- Select ‘home’ and then ‘set a homepage’ and click on ‘custom’.
- Type in the URL of the site you want to be your web browser’s homepage.
- Re-launch your web browser.
To conclude, the default homepage of a web browser in an android device can be changed after all, if it’s causing problems for you by popping up irrelevant and frustrating links or advertisements on your screen. We discussed the content://com.android.browser.home/ link, the process of changing a homepage of chrome and Mozilla firefox in detail, and provided a step-by-step guide to make it easy for you. If you still have some questions, then don’t hesitate to place your query in the comment section.