Social media platforms like TikTok have made the use of abbreviations very common. One such abbreviation ‘STTM’ is ruling over TikTok nowadays. Do you know what does STTM mean on TikTok? If not, then this article is for you. It is a proper guide that will help you to know the meaning of the STTM abbreviation.
Slang and abbreviations made the interactions very easy on TikTok. As it is mostly used by Gen Z to make their conversations short and crisp. Out of all acronyms like WTD, Gyat, etc, the most trendy abbreviation is STTM which you can see all over TikTok. People are using it in the comments section, in videos, and in texting too to avoid lengthy ways to express their feelings.
So without taking a bit of you, let’s learn in detail, what does STTM mean on TikTok and how you can use STTM on TikTok. Keep Scrolling!
In This Article
What does STTM Mean on TikTok?
STTM is an acronym that stands for ‘Stop Talking To Me’. It is used in different circumstances and scenarios where the person wants to cease the conversation. STTM is a rude way to respond to someone and its usage depends on you. If you use STTM in text, it will considered as a part of the argument that you are done with the conversation.
On the other hand, if you use STTM in the comments of the videos, it indicates as a signal that you are not interested in making more comments. Although STTM is always considered a rude acronym, however, to make it fun you can use it with your friends in a playful manner. This will help you to make your conversation more interesting with your friends.
Other Meanings of STTM:
Now that you know the real meaning of the STTM acronym i.e. Stop Talking To Me, you should also be aware of the other meanings of STTM. The one is ‘Send This To Me’ and the other is ‘Something Is Telling Me’. Again, you have to keep in mind that to use these acronyms you have to first understand the context of the conversations. Let’s take an example to understand it better:
FOR EXAMPLE- If you are scrolling through your friend’s profile and you want your friend to send a video to you. In that case, you can simply use the STTM acronym ‘Send This To Me’ to easily convey your message without deeply explaining it to your friend.
So, it all depends on you how and where you use the acronym to make it relevant. Most of the time, people use the acronym without understanding the real intent of the conversation which leads to wrong communication.
How to Use STTM on TikTok?
It is worth noting that the use of STTM is widely informal and context-dependent. You can read the below examples so that you can learn how to use STTM on TikTok. These are as follows:
- Ethan- Hey, did you watch the latest viral video of Selena Gomez on TikTok? It’s so amazing
- Jad- Yeah, it is, her expressions were killing.
- Ethan- Also, the way she is…..
- Eva- Hey, wait, wait, STTM, don’t give me a spoiler, I literally don’t like spoilers. You guys carry on, I am leaving.
- Antonio- Hey! Have you seen my latest video on TikTok?
- Alice- No, not yet.
- Antonio- Why? I put so much effort into the video, please go and watch it now.
- Alice- Are you serious? I am not free, so STTM.
- Xavier- Have you seen the drama happening between two influencers on TikTok?
- Ethan- Yeah, it’s all over TikTok nowadays.
- Xavier- It is so disgusting how people are dragging their issues and trolling them.
- Ethan- STTM, I literally don’t want to discuss any negativity, let’s focus on something else.
- Emily- Did you hear about the new viral TikTok trend? It’s so irrelevant
- Arya- Yeah, seriously how can people make any stupid thing go viral?
- Ethan- Listen let’s have some fun and make that video.
- Emily- STTM, I have much more important work to finish.
To wrap it up concisely, TikTok is a platform where you will find unique slang and abbreviations every new day. Making the use of abbreviations enhances the experience of the users. STTM is also one of those abbreviations that is trending on TikTok and ruling over the heart of TikTokers.
I hope this article helps you to get all your queries solved and you find out how to use the STTM abbreviation and what does STTM mean on TikTok. If you still need any assistance, you can contact us in the comment section below and we will reach out ASAP!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What does STTM mean on TikTok?
Ans. STTM on TikTok is an abbreviation that stands for ‘Stop Talking to Me’. If someone is using the STTM abbreviation, it means that they want to end the conversation. You can use STTM in various scenarios such as in the comment of the video, in a playful way among friends, etc.
Q2. What are the other meanings of STTM?
Ans. The STTM has also other meanings that include ‘Send This To Me,’ ‘Something Tells Me,’ or ‘Short Term Trading Market.’ So, it totally depends on the context of the conversation and which acronym is going to be used in it.
Q3. What does STTM mean in texting?
Ans. When it comes to texting, STTM is usually used to represent the dismissive response that a person wants to get out of the conversation.