Snapchat is an ephemeral messaging platform that lets a user connect with their friends on the app. The intricacies with which Snapchat works is not known to everybody. There are many terminologies, icons, and colors on Snapchat that can get a user confused. In this article, I will tell you, What Does Received Mean on Snapchat.
As an active Snapchat member, a user should know about different Snapchat Statuses on the platform. The colors and unique icons on the Snapchat statuses represent different meanings. So, without further ado, let’s dig in to learn about different Snapchat message statuses and what does received mean on Snapchat.
In This Article
What Does Received Mean on Snapchat?
Did you see the term Received on your Snapchat messages and don’t know what it means? Fret not! I ‘ll explain everything related to it.
The term Received on Snapchat means that the user has received a message that someone has sent. But the message that is sent is yet to be opened or responded to. It is to be noted that a message can be a text message, audio, or even a snap, can be included.
In simple language, the Received status on Snapchat appears when you receive a message from a user on Snapchat. There are different received symbols on Snapchat; when a user receives a snap or a message on Snapchat, a solid square appears. There are different colored squares that represent different things; in this article, I will decode the meanings.
Different Colors of Received Status Mean on Snapchat
There are three different colored squares that a user can receive on Snapchat.
- Solid Red Square: It means that a user has received a photo Snap.
- Solid Purple Square: It means that a user has received a video Snap.
- Solid Blue Square: It means that a user has received a text message.
Difference Between “Sent,” “Delivered,” “Received,” and “Opened” on Snapchat
There are four different types of message icons on Snapchat. The four different icons include Sent, Delivered, Received, and Opened.
Sent Icons on Snapchat
There are different color-coded sent message arrow icons on Snapchat. The term Sent on Snapchat means that your message has been sent to your desired other user, but the user has not opened your snap.
- Solid Red Arrow: It means that a user has sent a photo Snap.
- Solid Purple Arrow: It means that a user has sent a video Snap.
- Solid Blue Arrow: It means that a user has sent a text message.
Delivered Icons on Snapchat
There are different color-coded delivered message arrow icons on Snapchat. Delivered simply means that the message that you have sent is received and opened by the other user.
- Hollow Red Arrow: The hollow red arrow on Snapchat means that the receiver has opened your photo Snap.
- Hollow Purple Arrow: The hollow purple arrow on Snapchat means that the receiver has opened your video snap.
- Hollow Blue Arrow: The hollow blue arrow on Snapchat means that the receiver has opened your text message.
Opened Icons on Snapchat
Opened on Snapchat has three different colored hollow square icons. The term Opened on Snapchat indicates that the message that has been sent to you was opened by you.
- Hollow Red Square: Hollow Red Square means that a user has opened a photo Snap.
- Hollow Purple Square: Hollow Purple Square means that a user has opened a video Snap.
- Hollow Blue Square: Hollow Blue Square means that a user has opened a text message.
Screenshot and Replayed Icons on Snapchat
There are different sets of screenshot and replayed icons on Snapchat. In the below-mentioned guide, I will tell you about screenshots and replayed icons on Snapchat.
Screenshot Icons on Snapchat
The screenshot icon is a hollow arrow representing that the other user has screenshotted your snap. The different screenshot icons on Snapchat are as follows:
- Pair of Hollow Red Arrow: It means that the receiver of your snap has screenshotted your photo Snap.
- Pair of Hollow Purple Arrow: It means that the receiver of your snap has screenshotted your video Snap.
- Pair of Hollow Blue Arrow: It means that the receiver of your snap has screenshotted your text message.
Replayed Icons on Snapchat
The replayed icons on Snapchat mean that the receiver of your snaps has replayed your snap. The different replayed icons on Snapchat are as follows:
- Red Replay Icon: It means that the receiver of your snap has replayed your photo Snap.
- Purple Replay Icon: It means that the receiver of your snap has replayed your video Snap.
The Gray Color Icons
1. The person you have added as a friend, but you have not sent any snap, video, or chat. You will see a chat box icon on such chats
2. The person is not on your list or has removed you recently.
More Icons and Statuses on Snapchat
There are more icons and statuses as well. Lemme mention their names.
1. Delivered: It means your snap or chat is sent.
2. Opened: It means your chat or snap was opened. But not replied yet.
3. Call Icon: It means you have missed a call or your call was missed. It turns hollow when your recipients view your missed calls.
4. Tap to chat: It is a grey icon that motivates you to chat with a friend you have not shared anything with yet.
Snapchat is known for its user-friendly updates to keep up with the needs of its young audience. There are different terminologies for Snapchat Status on the platform. To know, about different Snapchat message statuses, their meaning and What Does Received Mean on Snapchat, read the entire article and do share it with your friends. Visit Path of EX for all the trending stuff!
Frequently Asked Questions
What Does Received Mean on Snapchat?
Received on Snapchat means that you have received the message that someone on Snapchat has sent. But the message that is sent is yet to be opened or responded to.
What do hollow and filled icons mean on Snapchat messages?
The hollow icons mean a conversation or a notification is opened or viewed by the recipient whereas the filled icons mean it is not opened or received yet.
What do different colors mean on Snapchat Messages?
There are four colors:
1. Red denotes snaps without audio.
2. Blue denotes images, videos, and chats. (Images and videos from the gallery).
3. Purple denotes snaps with audio (videos with audio taken from Snapchat).
4. Grey denotes you have not shared anything with the user, or you are not friends anymore.