Snapchat has a wide range of symbols and icons. The icons and emojis of Snapchat represent different meanings on the platform. Snapchat has best friends’ emojis, streaks emojis, and stories emojis. While it can get quite overwhelming to know the meanings of the emojis on Snapchat, I am here to help. In this article, I will tell you, What Does a Lock Mean on Snapchat Story.
As a casual Snapchat user, you will be aware of the features of Snapchat, but at the same time, it can be difficult to keep up with the intricacies of those features. So, without further ado, let’s dig in to know what does a lock mean on Snapchat story and what is its significance.
In This Article
What Does a Lock Mean on Snapchat Story?
In case you are wondering what does the lock mean on Snapchat story, well, to make things easier for you. The padlock icon on a Snapchat story means that it is a private story.
A private story on Snapchat means that a user can choose the audience of their own for their Snapchat story; it can be a small group of friends.
What is a Private Story on Snapchat?
The private story feature of Snapchat is a privacy feature on the Snapchat app and means that the user can choose an audience of their own for the story.
The main difference between a private story and Our story on Snapchat is that it is not available on the Stories Snap Map. The feature is quite handy in case your Snapchat story is meant for a certain type of audience, like your friends rather than, say, colleagues.
In order to restrict the viewers on your Snapchat story, you can use the feature and can choose a few select friends for your story’s visibility.
So, in case you see a lock icon on a Snapchat story, it means that you were selected by one of your Snapchat friends to view a Private Story they posted.
How to Create a Private Story on Snapchat?
Creating a private story for your particular audience is fairly an easy process. In order to create a private story on Snapchat, you need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Launch Snapchat on your device.
- Tap on the top right corner and head to your Profile.
- Scroll down and in the My stories section, tap on + New Story.
- From the menu, select New Private Story.
- A list of your friends will be shown.
- Add your friends according to your desire.
- After selecting, tap on Create story.
- You can even name your private story, and the new tab with a Private Story will appear right down the Add to My Story option.
- Tap on the new bar and Send a Private Story to your desired audience.
Things to Know About Private Stories on Snapchat
So, by now, you have understood what does lock mean on Snapchat story and what is private story feature of the platform. There are certain other features that you need to know about the private stories of Snapchat. In the list given below, I have mentioned those things.
- At one point, up to 20 Private Stories can be made.
- It is to be noted that private stories are not the same as Snapchat’s ‘My Eyes’ Only feature. The ‘My Eyes’ feature of Snapchat lets users store their snaps and keep them private.
- In case you want to view the ‘My Eyes’ feature of Snapchat, you will require to enter a passcode that you created when you set up ‘My Eyes’ Only. On the other hand, private story is a restricted story that is meant for a specific audience.
Snapchat is known for its user-friendly updates to keep up with the needs of its young audience. The icons and emojis of Snapchat represent different things on the platform. To know, What Does a Lock Mean on Snapchat Story, read the entire article and do share it with your friends. Visit Path of EX for all the trending stuff!
Frequently Asked Questions
What Does a Lock Mean on Snapchat Story?
The padlock icon on the Snapchat story signifies that the Snapchat story is private. It is a privacy feature on the app and means that the story is visible to a small group of friends.
Is the private story of Snapchat available on the stories Snap Map?
The private story differs from our story as it is not available on the Stories Snap Map.
Is Private Story and My Eyes feature on Snapchat same?
The My Eyes feature of Snapchat lets a user store their snaps and keep them private. While private story is a restricted story that is meant for a specific audience.