The Meta Quest 2 also known as Oculus Quest 2 is a virtual reality headset. So let’s learn what do you need for Oculus Quest 2. This VR comes with a tonne of games, apps, entertainment, and experiences. So scroll down and learn everything about this VR headset that is dominating the market as one of the current generation’s most user-friendly VR headsets.
An accessible method to experience all that virtual reality has to offer is with the Oculus Quest VR headset. Furthermore, it is the first self-contained system of its kind. In most cases, VR headsets require a computer or gaming console to operate. In contrast, Oculus Quest 2 is a stand-alone component and one that can be quite useful. The ability to run all of the best VR experiences without requiring a connection to another device is brilliantly balanced.
Currently, The Oculus Quest 2 costs $399 for the 128GB model and $499 for the 256GB model. Now let’s explore more about Oculus Quest 2 from this article and learn everything that you need for Oculus Quest 2 to work.
In This Article
What Do You Need For Oculus Quest 2?
The Oculus app is required in order to use Oculus Link in the browser. You need to make sure the Oculus Quest app is updated and that the Quest is running the most recent version of the operating system after you have downloaded it. The meta app is a need for Oculus Quest 2 to work. Now, after you know the basic requirements, you need to follow the process to have your own Oculus Quest 2 setup.
Steps to set up your Oculus Quest 2
- Unbox the VR headset
- Download the ‘Meta App’ from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store on your smartphone.
- Create a Meta account and a Meta Horizon account which will connect you to a social media platform for the metaverse.
- Turn on your Oculus Quest 2 headset and connect it to your smartphone via the Meta app. Make sure the Bluetooth in your smartphone is enabled.
- Put on the headset and follow the instructions on the screen to complete the setup process. The headset will make a sound when the update is completed.
- The headset is set up and ready for use!
NOTE: It is not necessary to connect an Oculus Quest 2 to any other computer, PC, or gaming system, such as a Playstation. Because it is a standalone VR headset, everything you need to use it is in the package.
To play more difficult games with higher visuals, you can have a VR-Ready PC, but this is entirely optional. So these are all the steps you need for Oculus Quest 2 setup. Now let us learn what accessories are required for this VR headset.
What Are The Accessories Required For Your New Oculus Quest 2?
A wide range of solutions are already available; whether you’re seeking for a headset that fits more comfortably, a means to play PC VR games from Steam, attachments that will make specific sorts of games even more realistic, or a simple way to make your controllers rechargeable. Explore the best Oculus Quest 2 accessories listed below to find out what your virtual world is missing. So scroll down and find out What Do You Need For Oculus Quest 2?
Accessories required for your new Oculus Quest 2
- Meta Quest 2 Elite strap with battery
- Meta Quest 2 carrying case
- The Facial Interface and Foam Replacement Set
- The AMVR Touch Controller Grip Covers
- The Anker Charge Dock for Quest 2
- Oculus Quest Finish Reel Adapter
- WYWY Wide Smart Power Bank For Oculus Quest 2
- Crossmeta Oculus Pistol And Rifle Bundle For Quest 2
What Are The System Requirements For Oculus Quest 2
In comparison to the Oculus Quest, the Oculus Quest 2 is a more sophisticated headset. The headset has undergone significant development to support next-generation games and graphics. Users might require a stronger setup than typical to support this headset. Let’s see what are the System Requirements you need for Oculus Quest 2.
Minimum System Requirements for Oculus Quest 2:
- 7/8/10 Windows
- macOS: 10.10+ (x86 only)
- 2.0+ GHz processor
- 2.0 GB system ram
What Are The New Added Features In The Oculus Quest 2?
Oculus Quest 2 is the most advanced standalone VR headset to date The designers have incorporated a variety of compelling elements to produce such cutting-edge headgear. The Oculus Quest 2 will be able to handle the next-generation graphics thanks to these characteristics.
The Oculus Quest 2’s spec sheet is shown below:
- CPU: Snapdragon XR2 from Qualcomm
- RAM: 6GB
- 1832 x 1920 pixels
- 90 Hz refresh rate
- 64 GB or 256 GB of storage
- microphone and speakers built-in
- battery life of 2 to 3 hours
- Redesigned controllers with adjustable IPD with three settings for 58, 63, and 68mm
There you have it, everything you should know about what you need for Oculus Quest 2. Therefore, the Oculus Quest 2 is a worthwhile purchase if you enjoy your original Oculus Quest and want to have an even better VR experience. The Quest 2 is still the best and most adaptable VR headset available right now.
Additionally, it is the most affordable, given that it doesn’t require a phone, computer, or game console. You can learn about more gaming platforms from Path of EX that can help you in connecting to your preferred console. You can ask any questions you may have about this subject in the comment box below.