We are dependent on Virgin Media in the UK. Virgin Media gives us some of the best Cable and Mobile deals. From superfast broadband to lucrative mobile deals, Virgin Media is all over the telecommunication business. Despite the excellence of their services, we tend to get many error codes, especially on Virgin Media TVs. So, how to get rid of Virgin Media error codes? Let me tell you.
Many of us use Virgin Media’s services. I personally love the mobile plans by Virgin Media. I always buy their bundled plans. They are quite profitable. But, the virginmedia.com tv code is an irritating error code on the Virgin Media TVs. Just like you, I was also wondering where the root of these error codes is. I found some fixes after researching vigorously.
Let me show you how to get rid of Virgin Media error codes. The Virginmedia TV code is irking a lot of people around the country. I had to write this post so that I could share the knowledge I earned regarding Virgin Media error codes. I have mentioned ways to resolve 5 Virgin Media error codes.
Virgin Media Activation Code
While installing and after a factory reset, you will be asked to enter a three-digit activation code. The Virgin Media TV code varies from region/town to region/town. You can find your region’s Virgin Media activation code on this page.
The Vergin Media comes with a TV box and a remote. To install it on your TV, first, connect the cables. Then do these:
How to Install Virgin Media on Your TV?
- Turn on your TV. Since the remote works automatically with the box, once the TV is on, press the Home button on your remote.
- Using the directional pad on your remote, go to Help & Settings > press OK on your remote.
- Select Help.
- Go to Program Your Remote.
- Select Yes, set up my Virgin TV remote now.
- The TV and Clear buttons on the Virgin Media remote need to be held together. After the LED light at the top blinks twice with w green light, release the buttons.
- You will receive a 4-digit code on your TV screen. Enter this code on your remote. What I mean is press the buttons.
- After the successful installation, you will see the LED light flash green twice again. Check if your remote is working by pressing the volume buttons on your remote. If the volume changes, that means your Virgin Media remote is all set up.
- Select Yes, that worked!
How to Get Rid of Virgin Media Error Codes? Virginmedia.com TV Code
Virgin Media is a British brand known for its customer satisfaction. There are hardly any complaints about their services. However, error codes like Virgin Media error code 7400 and the like have been irritating many customers lately. I will show you how to negate these errors one by one.
Virgin Media Error Code List
There are 5 main error codes in Virgin Media right now:
- Error Code 7400
- Error Code C130
- Error Code C133
- Error Code C501
- Error Code 604
How to Fix Virgin Media Error Code 7400?
There are three solutions to fix error code 7400 on VirginMedia.
- To turn off the Virgin Media setup box, press the Standby button for 10 seconds. Then, unplug the adapter and plug it in again. Press the Standby button again. This will boot the device. If you still see the error code 7400, move on to the next solution.
- Log in to access your Virgin Media account linked to your TV box. There you can see if there is any problem in your area from the company’s service status page or third-party web service.
- Sometimes the TV box (Tivo or V6) doesn’t get activated quickly after installation and configuration. In that case, call Virgin Media Customer Support and provide your Virgin account number and other details they ask for.
How to Fix Virgin Media Error Codes C130 and C133?
Virginmedia TV code C130 & C133 can be solved using these steps. But before implementing the steps, make sure you have rebooted your TV box.
- Press the Home button on your remote.
- Go to Help & Settings.
- Then go to Network from Settings.
- Click on Connect to Virgin Media service now or Connection in progress: check status.
- This will take a few minutes, have a little patience, please.
This should get you rid of Virgin Media error codes C130 and C133.
How to Fix Virgin Media Error Code C501?
Another Virgin Media error code is the C501. Let me fix that too.
- Go to Help & Security from the menu you get after pressing the Home button of your Tivo box.
- Select System Info > Virgin Media service account status.
- Make sure that your account is functional.
- Once again go to Help & Settings.
- Tap on Settings.
- Find and select Network option.
- Hit Connect to Virgin Media.
- Turn off your box using the Power button once the Virgin Media servers are properly connected.
- Make sure both the Ethernet and the coaxial cables are connected tightly.
- Turn on your Virgin Media box and give it some time.
You should not see the error code C501 anymore.
How to Fix VirginMedia TV Code 604?
- Ensure that your TV support HDCP 2.2.
- If your TV doesn’t support HDCP 2.2, go to Home & Settings > Settings > Video Output. Select the Output Format here and choose the 1080p resolution by checking the box next to it.
What Are The Causes of Virgin Media Error Codes?
There are three reasons that I found could be the cause of these error codes.
Cause 1: When you are new to Virgin Media services, you might get these error codes. You can also get these error codes if you have recently upgraded your packages.
Cause 2: Virginmedia TV code could also occur if you have not upgraded your TiVo box.
Cause 3: Lastly, technical problems in your area could be the reason you are receiving VirginMedia.com tv code. Contact other Virgin Media users in the area to see if that’s the case.
If you are concerned about the hardware, don’t be, This is not an issue related to the health of your TV box. This is a minor error and it should not bother you for long. Tell me in the comments if my solutions were of any help. I told you how to get rid of Virgin Media error codes so that you can give solving the problems yourself before taking it to Customer Support. I’ll see you again soon. And until then, Adios Amigos!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are Virgin Media Fault Codes?
Virgin Media fault codes are codes that you get when you are new to Virgin Media services or you have upgraded your plan only recently.
What do the lights on my router mean virgin?
Top – WAN (green/blue).
Middle – Ready (green/blue).
Bottom – WLAN (green/blue).
One blue/red light behind the wireless button on the front panel.
What does Virgin Media Code C133 mean?
The error code C133 might mean that all the channels are off. It might also mean that Virgin Media services are down.