Twitch vs Facebook Gaming. Which one do you think is better? Due to the exponential growth of live streaming, there is now intra-industry competition among the most powerful platforms. Agreed, right? So here we are comparing to rival platforms and deciding on which one is better. Let the battle begin between Twitch & Facebook Gaming
For a variety of reasons, live streaming has grown popular over the past several years. The capacity to communicate with people from all over the world is maintained while viewers are content to sit in their homes, safe & sound. Now let’s compare the biggest live streaming platforms i.e, Twitch vs Facebook Gaming, let’s go...
We’ll dig in depth on Twitch vs Facebook Gaming in this article with reliable proofs using correct, current stats. Twitch and Facebook Gaming have progressively grown in popularity as platforms for live streaming and video production. You must choose your live streaming platform carefully if you want to succeed. In order to determine which platform is best for you, let’s compare & see who wins in this battle of Twitch vs Facebook Gaming.
In This Article
Twitch VS Facebook Gaming | Which One Is Better Twitch or Facebook Gaming?
Let’s see who wins the battle of Twitch vs Facebook Gaming by comparing Twitch’s pros & cons and Facebook Gaming’s pros & cons.
An American company called Twitch specialises in live video game broadcasting, including coverage of esports events. It also provides music streams, original material, and “in real life” feeds. It is run by Amazon.com, Inc. subsidiary Twitch Interactive. As a branch off of the general-interest streaming service Justin. tv, it was unveiled in June 2011. Both live and on-demand footage can be seen on the Twitch website. Let’s see some pros & cons of Twitch and compare them with Facebook Gaming later
- Largest Community for Live Streaming
- Outstanding Brand Recognition
- Options are simple to use for both streamers and watchers
- Can connect to console, set-top box, desktop, and mobile apps
- Various materials are free with the frequent upgrades
- Free games and other extras are available to subscribers.
- Offers proprietary software for PC-based broadcasting
- Offers mobile broadcasting
- Deterring Financial Systems
- No official Roku app
- The removal of all advertising is no longer included even with a Twitch Prime subscription.
A platform for streaming video games is Facebook Gaming. Facebook Gaming allows users to create and follow gaming content on the main Facebook website and app, much to Twitch and YouTube Gaming.
If your target market comprises gamers seeking to expand and create a reliable social media following online, Facebook Gaming is the best place to start. Facebook Gaming is excellent for expanding one’s reach and showcasing one’s gaming prowess in addition to building a social media following. The pros and cons of Facebook Gaming are listed below:
Facebook Gaming Pros:
- Detailed Analytics
- Better Ads
- Search Algorithm
- Mobile broadcasting is simple & easy.
- Play games easily on Facebook with your friends and stream games online
- Can use your current Facebook interests
- famous streamers who only stream in on exclusivity
Facebook Gaming Cons:
- Data Privacy breachings
- Less Audience
- iOS is the only version available
- There are fewer ways for broadcasters to make money
- The standalone application seems unnecessary.
So by drawing conclusions from the Pros & Cons. Twitch wins as it has more pros and fewer cons compared to Facebook Gaming. On the other hand, Facebook Gaming has more cons compared to Twitch.
Statistic Comparison Of Twitch & Facebook Gaming | Twitch or FB Gaming?
Now that we have seen some pros & cons of Twitch & Facebook Gaming. Now let’s see some of the Statistics to decide who wins the battle of Twitch vs Facebook Gaming.
Data & Stats Of Facebook Gaming
- 76.2K average concurrent viewers in Q1 2019 compared to 380K in Q4 2020.
- 27.5K monthly broadcasters in Q1 2019 compared to 268K in Q4 2020.
- Hours Streamed in Total: 2.1M in Q1 2019 to 7.6M in Q4 2020.
- In Q3 2020, 1.04 billion hours were viewed, up by 7% from Q2.
- In just January 2021, there were 439 million hours of viewing.
Data & Stats Of Twitch
- Broadcasters per month: 300K in 2012 & 9.71M in 2020.
- 3.4K Twitch Partners in 2012 compared to 51.5K in 2020.
- In 2020, there were 93 billion hours watched on average monthly.
- 339 billion hours have already been viewed in 2021.
Since Twitch has been the preferred streaming provider for a far longer period of time than Facebook Gaming, it has produced astounding numbers. So Twitch has more chances of winning this battle of Twitch vs Facebook Gaming.
On the other hand, Facebook Gaming has managed to develop a sizable broadcaster and spectator base in only a few short years. Obviously, the fact that Facebook is the most well-known social networking platform worldwide contributes to this. So chances of winning FB gaming in the battle of Twitch vs Facebook Gaming are also high. So before other well-known brands entered the live streaming market, Twitch had effectively monopolised it. Facebook has the ability to challenge Twitch’s dominance.
The winner of the battle Twitch vs Facebook Gaming is Twitch. The best illustration of a strong developed live streaming service for video games is still Twitch. It has the audience, capabilities, and community to occupy viewers and assist streamers in realising their online ambitions.
So these were all the compilations of data to decide the ultimate winner of the battle Twitch vs Facebook Gaming. The verdict came out as Twitch as the best gaming platform compared to Facebook Gaming. Hope you enjoyed the points of both sides of the battle. Check out Path of EX for updates.