Watch History on TikTok was one of the most prestigious options. But TikTok watch history removed was a social buzz when the option was taken back. But can you still view your account history? Let me tell you how to view your account watch history even after the fact that TikTok watch history is gone. Scroll through this article to know how to see watch history on TikTok.
You can also delete your TikTok watch history from the app. This will also help you remove the recommendation from the app’s search engine. With your TikTok public account, you can do a lot more. To make the most of your account on the app, you can know who viewed your TikTok profile. You can easily troubleshoot the common error of profile view not showing on TikTok.
If you are conscious of the view count on your public profile, you can turn off video views on TikTok. Your view count does affect how everyone on the app views your content. Even if the app’s creators deny it, many people have agreed to watch videos with more views on the ‘For You’ page. Another thing that the creators of TikTok took back was the Watch History on TikTok. Let me help you with a detailed guide on how to see watch history on TikTok.
In This Article
Did TikTok Remove Watch History?
TikTok’s watch history feature was one of the most amazing additions to the app. A lot of people even called it to be the best feature of the app. We all know how frustrating it can get when watching a TikTok, and it disappears because you accidentally tapped on the screen. But this option was taken back by TikTok soon after it was released on the app.
You can still see your watch history on TikTok. It is not as simple as tapping on the three horizontal lines to see your watch history. But if you still want to see your watch history on TikTok, here is how to see watch history on TikTok. Scroll down through this article to know how you can see your watch history on iPhone, Android, and on your PC.
Also, read Does TikTok Notify When You Save a Video?
How to See Watch History on TikTok on iPhone?
The Watch History option is removed from TikTok history. But you can still access your account’s watch history from your iPhone. Here is an easy guide on how to see watch history on TikTok on iPhone.
1. Head over to TikTok on your phone.
2. Tap on your Profile.
3. Tap on the three horizontal lines at the top of your screen. Then, tap on Privacy.
4. In the Privacy section, tap on Personalization and data.
5. You will see the option to Download your data; tap on it.
6. Now, tap on the Request data option at the bottom of your screen.
7. Once you have opted for your account data, tap on Download data. You will be able to download your TikTok data after 24 hours. It usually takes one day for your TikTok data.
8. Once you have downloaded your data. You will need to unzip your downloaded data files. If you are unable to view the files on your iPhone, you can transfer it to your MacBook to view your TikTok data.
9. After opening the data files, you will see a list of files. Click on the file names Video Browsing History to open it.
10. You will now be able to view all of your watch history on TikTok. You will be able to see the videos you have watched with the date and time along with the link for each video.
Note: Your requested TikTok data will be available for download only for four days. After that, you will have to request your account data again and follow the same process.
How to See Watch History on TikTok on Android?
If you use an Android device for TikTok, you can still view your watch history. Since TikTok has removed the option of Watch History from Settings, you will have to take a longer route. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to see watch history on TikTok in Android.
1. Go to TikTok on your Android device.
2. Tap on the three horizontal lines. You can locate these at the top of your screen.
3. Tap on the Setting & Privacy option at the bottom of your screen.
4. Now, tap on the Privacy option.
5. In the Privacy section, tap on Personalization and data.
6. Tap on Download your data.
7. Now, tap on the Request data option.
8. You will get a message confirming for your request being received. You can download your data file is ready. You can download it from the Download data option.
9. Once you have downloaded your TikTok account data. You will have to unzip the files to view your account data. If you are unable to view it on your phone, you can transfer it to your PC and open the files.
10. You will be able to see a list of files in your downloaded data. Click on the Video Browsing History. In this file, you will be able to view your TikTok watch history. You can see a detailed history with data, time, and link to each one of the TikTok videos you have seen.
This is how you can see your watch history on TikTok for your account from your Android device.
How to See Watch History on TikTok for PC?
TikTok watch history was an amazing feature of the app. Especially if you have clumsy fingers, watch history was literally a boon. But even if it’s removed from the app, you can still view your Watch History. Let me tell you how to see watch history on TikTok for PC.
1. Log in to your TikTok account from your browser.
2. Tap on your Profile icon.
3. Tap on Settings from the list of options on your screen.
4. In the Privacy section, tap on Data.
5. You will be asked to confirm the file format; select TXT.
6. Once you have selected the file format, select Request Data.
7. After requesting your account data, you can see the status of your request from the Download Data option.
8. Usually, TikTok takes about 24 hours to make the data available for download. Once you have downloaded the data, you will need to unzip the files.
9. After that, select the file titled View Browsing. In this file, you will be able to view all the TikTok you have ever watched or partially watched. You can find the data, time, and a link to the video in the file.
Note: You can use this process to see Watch History on TikTok with your Windows, Mac, Chromebook, etc.
The rumor of TikTok watch history removed is apparently true. You can still access the data if you cannot see the Watch History on TikTok from the setting. You can view your watch history from your iPhone, Android, and PC. Follow us never to miss another update or hack for TikTok. And keep visiting Path of EX!
Frequently Asked Questions
Did TikTok remove watch history?
Yes, TikTok removed the Watch History option from the app Settings in early 2022.
Is TikTok watch history gone?
Apparently, TikTok watch history is gone for good. The feature was removed back in June 2022 from TikTok.
Did TikTok remove watch history on iPhone?
Yes, TikTok watch history is removed from the app even on iPhone. The App store version no longer has the watch history option.