TikTok is known for its controversies and its viral content. The short-form video app sure knows how to stay in the news. While TikTok has given a platform to a number of creators and influencers, its data breach policy has also created ripples across the world. If you are here to know about the recent TikTok Data Collection, keep reading!
TikTok is owned by the Chinese tech giant ByteDance and the company has been time and again under the radar for its exploration of privacy and data breach practices. Recently, the U.S. government called for its ban in the country. So far, there is no action, however, people are assuming that TikTok might get banned for its practices.
To know about, TikTok Data Collection Revealed, stay with us!
TikTok Data Collection Revealed!
In recent TikTok data was revealed by a cybersecurity and intelligence firm called Internet 2.0. The data has shocked the internet, and people are calling for its ban on Twitter.
TikTok Data Collected by Internet 2.0
The shocking details of the data revealed by the cybersecurity firm Internet 2.0 are:
- TikTok checks in your location every once an hour.
- TikTok gathers information for all your installed apps on your Android device.
- TikTok pushes you to give your contact access.
- If you are a TikTok user in Australia, your data can be accessed in China.
- The firm analyzed TikTok on Android and iOS and revealed that the source code they analyzed for iOS has a direct server connection to China.
- TikTok on Android can have access to your phone number, SIM serial number, and device ID.
- TikTok has no direct server connections with China on its TikTok’s Android app.
- TikTok has access to your device’s calendar.
TikTok’s Reaction to the Data Revealed
TikTok further added, “The TikTok app is not unique in the amount of information it collects, which is less than many popular mobile apps. In line with industry practices, we collect information that users choose to provide to us and information that helps the app function, operate securely, and improve the user experience.“
Internet’s Reaction to the TikTok Data Collection
TikTok is owned by the Chinese tech giant ByteDance and the company has been time and again under the radar for its exploration of privacy and data breach practices. To know about the TikTok Data Collection Revealed, read the entire article and do share it with your friends!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the latest TikTok Data collection?
To know about the latest TikTok Data Collection, read the entire article.
Which company revealed the TikTok data?
TikTok data was revealed by a cybersecurity and intelligence firm called Internet 2.0.
Will TikTok be banned in the U.S.?
So far, there is no official confirmation of the app getting banned in the U.S.