Social Media is the heartbeat of Internet Users! No one can deny this statement. From the time we wake up to the time we go to sleep, our world revolves around Facebook, Instagram, and many more such amazing apps. But do you know some awesome facts about them? Probably not! So what are you waiting for? Read this article to know all the Social Media Facts and Statistics.
A recent report has found that more than 55% of the world’s population uses the internet. That is the Crazy we are talking about! Almost all the platforms have digital marketing and all kinds of online shopping, and a lot of people are making money through them. It surely has opened uncountable job and business opportunities.
Every day, 3.5 billion images and more than 720,000 hours of videos are shared on social media. We spend a lifetime average of 5 years and 3 months on social media. Crazy Enough?
You haven’t read about the facts until now. All of them are divided according to their platforms. Give them a good read. Let’s go.
55+ Interesting Social Media Facts and Statistics of 2022
All the information provided in the points below is gathered from various sources of data research analytics. Curious?
1. Statistics of the Most Popular Social Media Platforms
A report of datareportal.com says that out of the whole 7.9 Billion, 3.96 billion people use social media at the start of 2022, which is like 55% of the total global population. We assure you these social media facts are as crazy as they are shocking.
Following are the monthly active users of the most popular social media platforms-
- Facebook: 2.89 billion monthly active users
- Whatsapp: 2 billion monthly active users
- Twitter: 396 million monthly active users
- Instagram: 2 billion monthly active users
- Snapchat: 918 million monthly active users
- YouTube: 2.291 billion monthly active users
- TikTok: 1 billion monthly active users
- Pinterest: 459 million monthly active users
- LinkedIn: 250 million monthly active users
- Reddit: 450 million monthly active users
2. Social Media Facts and Statistics for Digital Marketing
- People of the age of 18-34, are the major users who follow the brands they like and support these brands, unknowingly. So target this audience specifically more.
- Talking about audiences between the age of 18 and 34, YouTube’s reach is better than any other cable network.
- More than 60% of Social Media consumers want easier customer service and support.
- 33% of Social Media Consumers would prefer to contact the brand online than by phone call.
- In the last 30 days, one out of five of the world’s population bought something online.
- Right now, more than 50% of the whole web traffic is coming from mobile phones.
- Around 80% of the consumers buy a commodity suggested by their family and friends.
- Besides the fact that the number of users on LinkedIn is increasing, its user activity is still lower than Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and TikTok.
- TikTok users, on average, spend about an hour every day on the app.
3. Google Facts and Statistics
Social Media Facts For Google are-
- 3.5 billion searches are processed by Google in a single day.
- People visited Google, more than 62.19 billion times in the last year.
- The term that is searched the most on Google is ‘youtube’, the second-most searched tern is ‘facebook’, the third most searched term is ‘google’ and the fourth most searched term is ‘whatsapp web’.
- In the US, more than 62% of Google’s search traffic, comes from mobile phones.
- In Aug 2013, only for 5 minutes, Google was unreachable, and that reduced the global internet usage by 40%. That’s Huge!
Know what are the 10 Best Google Chrome Extensions For Teachers!!!
- In 1997 Google wanted to see the search engine to Yahoo for only $2 million. I’m glad that didn’t happen.
- Google’s first tweet was “I’m feeling lucky”. It was written in binary code.
Fun Social Media Fact: Almost 7.2% of traffic comes from people searching the term ‘Google’ on Google. Weirdos! I hope you aren’t one of them. Fingers crossed.
4. Facebook Facts and Statistics
Social Media Facts For Facebook are-
- More than 69% of the US population uses Facebook.
- Facebook recently deleted 1.3 fake accounts.
- There are 1.3 billion active users on Facebook Messenger in a single month.
- Facebook is only the World’s third most popular site after Google and YouTube.
- Overall, 75% of the World’s women use Facebook, on the other hand only 63% of the World’s men use Facebook. Women use more Facebook than men.
- India with 260 million users has the highest number of Facebook users in the world.
5. Twitter Facts and Statistics
Social Media Facts For Twitter are-
- Tweets that include 1-2 hashtags have 21% more engagement.
- In a minute, 350,000 people tweet on average.
- There are approximately 390 million Twitter accounts that have zero followers.
- The most followed Twitter account is of Barack Obama.
- Former name of Twitter was Friendstalker and Twwtr.
- Twitter’s Bird that is seen in the logo has a name. Its name is Larry Bird.
Also, read Top 10 Most Followed Accounts on Twitter
6. Instagram Facts and Statistics
Social Media Facts For Instagram are-
- More than 300 million photos get uploaded to Instagram every day.
- A total of 40 billion photos are already shared on Instagram.
- Just like Facebook, Instagram is used by more women than men. The percentages are 38% and 26% respectively.
- More than 50 billion photos and videos are shared on IG since its first day of creation.
Check out, Most viewed Instagram Reel in 2022: A Kid made New Records!
- The most widely and wildly Instagram food is Pizza, followed by Steak and Sushi.
- It is the fastest growing social media platform with a growth of 5% per quarter.
7. Snapchat Facts and Statistics
Social Media Facts For Snapchat are-
- More than 60% of Snapchat users are under 25.
- Almost 73% of the US population between the age of 18 and 24 use Snapchat.
- The average advertising reach of Snapchat is 528 million.
- Out of all the US population in the age between 13-24 use Snapchat.
- The swipe-up rate of Snapchat is 5x Higher than any other Social Media platform.
- The original name of Snapchat was Picaboo. Isn’t it Cute!
Also Read, How To Know If Someone Blocked You On Snapchat 2022: Basic Ideas
8. YouTube Facts and Statistics
Social Media Facts For YouTube are-
- 1 billion hours of videos are being watched on YouTube every day.
- YouTube is available for streaming in over 80 different languages worldwide.
- YouTube is the most popular digital video consumption platform as around 90% of US viewers use YouTube.
- Out of all the internet users, 79% own a YouTube account.
- Whatever you watch on YouYube, more than 70% of that is due to YouTube’s recommendation algorithm.
Also, read 30+ Most Liked Videos on YouTube [UPDATED 2022]
9. Pinterest Facts and Statistics
Social Media Facts For Pinterest are-
- The majority of users on Pinterest are females (71%).
- Out of all the consumers of Pinterest, 83% buy a commodity after seeing the Brand’s Content on the app.
- It is the only social media app that made it to the top 10 relevant brands in the US.
- 98% of Pinterest users have tried the things they saw on the app.
- If someone else showcases your product, chances are your sales will hike up to 67%.
10. LinkedIn Facts and Statistics
Social Media Facts For LinkedIn are-
- An average CEO on LinkedIn has 930 LinkedIn Connections.
- 25% of the US adult population use LinkedIn and out of that 44% are women.
- LinkedIn’s first share in public traded at $45.
- Around 44% of the overall LinkedIn users earn $75,000 per annum.
- Two new members join LinkedIn every second.
- There are a total of 660 Million users on LinkedIn.
Gathering all these social media facts and statistics was definitely a task. One has to look for various leads and verify them. I assure you all of these are as true as they can be. If you have any query reach out to us or just comment below. We will be more than glad to hear from your side. Ciao!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some fun facts about social media?
In the last 30 days, one out of five of the world’s population bought something online.
The majority of users on Pinterest are females (71%).
Facebook recently deleted 1.3 fake accounts.
In Aug 2013, only for 5 minutes, Google was unreachable, and that reduced the global internet usage by 40%. That’s Huge!
Who uses social media the most age?
The age group 18-29 uses social media most. 90% more than other age groups.
What percentage of the world is on social media?
55% of the whole world uses social media.