Snapchat is an instant messaging platform that rose to popularity soon after its launch. Snapchat is known for its ephemeral posting and is quite popular among the youth. To keep up with the needs of its young audience, Snapchat updates its platform quite often. Every few weeks there are new features that Snapchat introduces on its platform. If you are someone who wants to know about the Snapchat update August, then you are at the right place. In this article, I will tell you about the Snapchat update for August.
Snapchat is known to celebrate famous days with new filters and AR effects. While all this is pretty common on Snapchat, this August platform is all set to celebrate friendship day and Women’s world cup on its platform. Along with that, Snapchat is all set to introduce new Avatars on its platform.
So, without further ado, let’s dig in to learn about Snapchat August Update and everything about the latest features.
In This Article
What is Snapchat Update For August 2023?
Apparently, there is no major change on Snapchat with the August update, but you can use your old features in an enhanced and bug-free way. So, why wait let’s jump in and know about the latest from Snapchat.
In this article, we will dive in and know about the latest features that will be incorporated in the latest update of Snapchat. We will discuss these features one by one.
1. Bitmoji Introduces a New Avatar Style
As a part of an immersive experience on Snapchat, the platform is all set to enhance a new avatar style that brings the magic of Bitmoji to 3D in a much more immersive way.
Snapchat introduced the Bitmoji feature over 15 years ago and in over 15 years, 1.7 billion avatars have been created worldwide. Now as a part of an immersive representation of Bitmojis on Snapchat, now the platform is introducing new Avatar styles.
On its website, Snapchat said, “The new avatar style improves characteristics like hair texture, face shading and body proportions. Your Bitmoji can now have a bolder smile, a more astonished face when they’re surprised, and can express even the most subtle and nuanced emotions. Plus, we’re improving how you engage with your Bitmoji, like enhanced editing that allows you to modify your avatar in 3D, using zoom and rotating features to get a closer look.”
The new Avatar style is all set to roll out globally over the coming weeks!
2. Celebrating the 2023 Women’s World Cup With Snapchat
With immersive new AR, creative tools, and content, Snapchat brings you closer to the Women’s World Cup National Teams and players. According to Emma Wakely, Sports Partnerships, Snap Inc, “As we continue our commitment to championing women’s sports, Snapchat is honored to be a part of the 2023 World Cup, bringing fans closer to their favorite National Teams and players as they go head-to-head on the world’s biggest stage. Through immersive content coverage, creator collaborations, and new, innovative AR experiences, Snapchatters will have an unparalleled opportunity to express their football fandom like never before.”
The new features that will be introduced during the 2023 Women’s World cup includes:
Snapchat is all set to debut an innovative AR Lens built in collaboration with U.S. Soccer and the USWNT. The innovative USWNT ‘Team Tracker’ Lens uses advanced AR technology to bring fans closer to the team, with 3D Bitmoji avatars of the USWNT roster, stats, news, fun facts, and highlights that update in real-time.
Global AR Lenses
Apart from AR experiences, you can also participate in the World Cup by using Snapchat lenses to showcase your country’s pride.
- Global Fan Selfie Experience: A user can scroll through the ‘Across the Globe’ Lens to see a unique selfie Lens for every participating country.
- FIFA Lens: A new AR Lens incorporates the FIFA Fancestry quiz so Snapchatters can find out what countries they are best suited to support.
- USWNT Jersey try-on Lens: Snapchatters can see how they look in the official 2023 USWNT Jersey, powered by Snap’s Live Garment Transfer technology.
- Togethxr AR Lens: A new Lens in partnership with Togethxr, the media and commerce company founded by Alex Morgan, Chloe Kim, Simone Manuel, and Sue Bird, which champions equality, diversity, and investment in female athletes and women’s sports.
The new creative tools will also enhance a user’s their fan experience throughout the tournament!
- Bitmoji: In partnership with Adidas, Snapchatters can dress their Bitmoji avatars in select, official football kits to cheer on their home team.
- Stickers & Filters: A user can chat with friends and decorate your Snaps with Stickers and Filters for each of the participating countries, including official Women’s National Team Stickers and Filters for Australia, France, Norway, USA, Sweden, Nigeria, New Zealand, and Spain.
- Cameos: Add your Cameo to make Snapchat conversations more personal and fun. Cameos are available for every team.
In case you miss any content, you can catch all the goals, highlights, and behind-the-scenes action from media partners and content creators.
- U.S. Soccer App Integration: Fans can post U.S. Soccer news to their Snapchat Story directly from the U.S. Soccer App, using a new Lens to preview the article and capture their reactions.
- Shows: Togethxr will produce a new, twice-weekly show on the Stories page called ‘Offside Special.’ The Offside Special will give an experience from the on-field magic to the off-field moments and storylines.
- Snap Stars & Creators: Snapchatters can access exclusive, on-the-ground content by following some of their favorite footballers, professional athletes, and creators across Stories and Spotlight, including Alisha Lehmann, Asisat Oshoala, Jordyn Huitema, and more.
- Spotlight Challenges: Snapchatters in the U.S. will have a chance to win a share of up to $30,000 for submitting their best Snaps to women’s soccer-themed Spotlight Challenges, including #TeamSpirit, #GoalCelebration, and #SoccerWatchParty
- Snap Map: Curated Stories on the Snap Map for each match, watch party, celebration, and more.
3. Celebrating International Friendship Day With Snapchat
Countless friendships have strengthened on Snapchat and this year you can celebrate friendship day with Snapchat as the platform is excited to offer personalized throwbacks for friends to celebrate.
Qualifying Snapchatters will find a special Story made just for them and their besties just a swipe up from the camera, and can hear advice from the internet’s best friend and Snapchat Snap Star, Tinx, right where they find Stories from their friends and favorite creators.
Snapchat is known for its user-friendly updates and great user interface. Snapchat updates its platform quite often to keep up with the needs of the younger generation. To know about, Snapchat new update and Snapchat Update For August, read the entire article and do share it with your friends.
For more trending stuff on technology, gaming, and social media, keep visiting, Path of EX! For any queries, comment below, and we will get back to you ASAP!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Snapchat Update For August 2023?
In the month of August, Snapchat is introducing a new Avatar style and Celebrating the 2023 Women’s World Cup
2. How is Snapchat celebrating Women’s World Cup?
With AR Experiences, Global AR Lenses, Content, and Creative Tools