Snapchat never stops experimenting. The platform launches new features every few weeks to keep up with the needs of its young audience. Recently, Snapchat has launched the After Dark feature for its stories. The feature has left many users confused, but you don’t have to worry; I am here to help. In this article, I will tell you about the Snapchat After Dark feature and Snapchat After Dark stories.
Snapchat has earlier tested the feature at its Snap Partner Summit back in April. With the successful preview of the feature, the platform is currently planning to launch the ‘After Dark’ element on its stories. The feature has gotten the users quite excited, and with the new feature, Snapchat users post exclusive content for their friends after 8 p.m.
So, without further ado, let’s dig in to learn about what is Snapchat After Dark and the availability of the feature.
In This Article
What is Snapchat After Dark Feature?
Snapchat has launched the After Dark feature that will let users post exclusive content for their friends after 8 p.m. The content will only be accessible to users who have also posted on their stories. It is to be noted that After Dark is exclusively a Snapchat story feature and will appear as a separate snap story.
Basically, After Dark will be a collection of Snaps from your friends overnight. According to a picture shared by Jonah Manzano on Twitter, a user will be able to check in on the Snaps that their friends have shared in the morning as long as they have shared one back. In a statement by the company, Snapchat said, “Come morning, see the Story unfold to debrief on the night.”
The Snap history will act as a reel highlight of what your friends were up to the night before, and the feature is launched to boost engagement on the platform. Another thing to note is that the After Dark stories will be available to post from 8 p.m.-5 a.m. on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.
How to Post to After Dark Stories?
Now that you have understood what After Dark features on Snapchat, it is time to dig a little deeper and learn the ways to post After Dark stories. In the list given below, I have mentioned the steps to post an After Dark story.
- Launch the Snapchat app on your device.
- Head to your profile by tapping on the Bitmoji located at the top left corner of the screen.
- Select the Add to After Dark option under My Stories.
- Now, take a Snap and send it to add it to the Story, and voila, you have successfully posted an After Dark story.
Key Features of Snapchat After Dark Stories
Snapchat After Dark Stories has finally been launched on the platform after being tested for months. The feature was first revealed at Snap Partner Summit back in April. The major key features of Snapchat After Dark stories include:
- After Dark story encourages users to post less polished and more real snaps and helps a user build stronger relationships with other users on the platform.
- After Dark stories will be available to post from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.
- The feature was launched to boost interaction on the platform.
- The Afer Dark story content will only be accessible to users who have also posted on their Stories.
- You can only post from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Post 5 a.m., the real magic of After Dark story will unfold. The snaps will be a treasure trove of memories, fun adventures, and hilarious moments from the night.
Snapchat is known for its user-friendly updates and great user interface. Snapchat updates its platform quite often to keep up with the needs of the younger generation. To know about the Snapchat After Dark feature and Snapchat After Dark stories, read the entire article and share it with your friends.
For more trending stuff on technology, gaming, and social media, keep visiting Path of EX! For any queries, comment below, and we will get back to you ASAP!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What does Snapchat after Dark do?
After Dark feature will let users post exclusive content for their friends from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.
2. How do you get after dark on Snapchat?
Head to your Profile >Click Add to After Dark under My Stories > Take a Snap and send it to add it to the Story.
3. How to delete after dark snaps?
To delete after dark snaps, follow the steps below-
1. Open Snapchat.
2. Click on your profile.
3. Search for the snap that you want to delete under ‘My Stories.’
4. Click on the snap that you want to view.
5. Tap and hold on to the snap.
6. Click Delete Snap.