Riot Games is known as the most player-focused game developer in the world. It has brought us some of the most brilliant games on both PC and mobile. From Legends of Runeterra to VALORANT, Riot Games is about a range of games and devices. And, Riot account management is what you need to navigate them all.
So, what is a Riot account? Well, it is like any other account you use to sign into some kind of service. Riot Games’ popularity is increasing every day. Yet, people have many queries and doubts regarding Riot account management, Riot account deletion, and Riot account usernames.
I will try to answer all the questions that I have been getting lately regarding Riot Games, including Riot account management, deletion, and username. I hope you don’t have to go to any other place seeking further information on Riot.
Riot Account Management
To manage your Riot Games account, you first need to know the different areas of a Riot account. I will discuss the key elements of a Riot account one by one.
What is a Riot Account?
When the developers of Riot Games created more than one game, they made it mandatory to have a unique username throughout all of their games such as Valorant and League of Legends.
Also, besides the usual account for the gamers, the employees of Riot Games also get a special Riot account with several perks.
Riot Employee Account: Just as I mentioned above, the Riot Employee account is given by the team Riot Games to their employees so that they enjoy some exclusive perks. The perks include BE, RP (for League of Legends), and other unlocked content such as emotes, champions, and skins. Some accounts also have extremely rare skins, such as Pax Twisted Fate. So the next time you see a player with a too-good-to-be-true profile, its probably an employee.
How to Know it’s an Employee Riot Account?
As Riot players already know, Riot does not allow its players to use “Riot” before any name. So if you see an account starting with Riot and then a name then you definitely be sure its an Employee Riot Account.
This is the place where you create your Riot ID and tagline that your gaming world will recognize you with. If you already have a Riot account, you should know that you can change your ID and Tagline right here every 30 days if you wish to.
Personal Information is the section where your important and confidential stuff is kept. That includes your email ID, DOB, and your password. Be sure not to share them with anyone.
Riot Sign in
This is the section where you can change your password and username. You will need these two components to log into any Riot Game client.
Many a time, users choose to use social media accounts to sign into various applications. They link the social media accounts here.
This is the place where you give permission to Riot to send you notifications on beta invites, news, updates, etc. If you don’t want emails from Riot Games, uncheck the box saying “Communication from Riot Games.“
What is the Difference Between a Riot Account and a League Account?
If you are an old player of LoL, then you must get confused sometimes between the two widely used terms, Riot Account and LoL account. Riot account is a compulsory update on LoL account, most of the players only actively use their Riot account. However, if you started your LoL journey with the LoL account then this will help-
- When you log in to League of Legends, you log in with your unique Riot account. After you login in, you will see your LoL account in the client interface. This does not mean you only have an LoL account; what it means is when playing League of Legends, you will see your LoL account, just like your summoner name.
- LoL account name (or the Summoner name) is only unique in the regions such as in NA or EUW. However, your Riot account name is globally unique throughout all regions.
- You must have a Riot account to have an LoL account; vice versa is not applicable. This means you do not need an LoL account to have a Riot account.
- Your LoL account name or summoner name can be changed anytime for some RP or BE. On the other hand, your Riot account name can only be changed under exceptional cases.
- To submit a ticket to Riot Games, you will only use your Riot account.
- Your personal details, such as RIOT ID, and birthdate, can only be changed via your Riot account.
- LoL account comes in use when you have to manage your game specifics. For instance the setting of the game for accessing friend lists and checking in-game purchases.
How to Change Your Riot Games Username And Tagline?
Creating a username and tagline for your gaming world is very crucial. One mistake and you can become a hobbit from an elf. But it is alright to try a few names before you settle with the gamer tag of your choice.
Just like most other games, Riot Games also allows gamers to change their username and tagline. But the catch is that you can only change them once in 30 days. I will show you how to change your in-game name on Riot Games and modify your gamer tags on all sorts of games like Valorant and LoL.
- Go to Riot Games’ log-in page and enter your credentials.
- On the Riot Account Management page, edit Riot ID and Tagline.
- Click Save Changes, and voila!
How to Link Riot Account to LoL Account?
If you joined League of Legends or any other Riot Game after 22 January 2022, then you do not need to link your Riot Account to LoL account. However, if you haven’t played the game since the date then you won’t be able to login. What you have right now is an LoL account and you need to connect it with a Riot Account so that you can access the games.
Don’t Worry! The process is super easy and it will only take no more than a few minutes to login.
All you need to do to link your Riot account to LoL account is to click on this link and follow the very simple on-screen instructions. The website will ask you to login using your old credentials. If your username isn’t globally available, then you would have to choose a new username. After following the process, you will be able to login with your Riot account in no time.
How to Delete Riot Account?
Deleting your Riot account is also a part of Riot account management and is as easy as submitting a request ticket from the Player Support page. You can delete your Riot account and make a new one; it is no big deal. You can even create a new account using the same credentials. Although, you cannot make two accounts with the same email.
If you haven’t deleted your Riot account and still cannot find your account, it might be because your riot account was inactive for a long time. Riot deletes accounts that have been inactive for a long time and sends an email to the registered email address. You can contact Riot Games Support if you want to retrieve your terminated account.
Step-by-Step Process to Delete Your Riot Account
Remember that Riot offers 30 days grace period after applying for deletion within which you need to reactivate your account if you change your mind.
1. Go to Riot’s login page and sign into your account.
2. Scroll down and find Player Support and click on it.
3. Select Submit a Ticket.
4. Riot will send you a mail. Go to your registered email inbox, open the mail from Riot, and click on Verify eMail.
5. Go to the Support page and tap on the I’ve Verified my email button.
6. Click on Choose a Request Type and from the drop-down menu, choose Account Management, Data Requests, or Deletion.
7. Fill out the form with the required information and click Submit.
In the same way, you delete your Riot Vanguard account and Valorant account.
How to Remove Valorant From PC?
You need to follow the steps below to completely remove Valorant:
1. Press together the “Windows” and “I” keys to open Settings.
2. Select Apps.
3. Scroll down to find Riot Vanguard, and click on it.
4. Click Uninstall.
5. In the pop-up, click on Uninstall again.
6. Now click on Yes.
7. Click on Yes again to confirm the uninstallation.
8. In the same way, search for Valorant and uninstall it.
9. In the Windows search bar, type %localappdata% and open the %localappdata% folder.
10. Find the Riot Games folder and right-click on it. Select Delete.
11. In the same way, delete the Valorant folder.
12. Type %appdata% in the Windows search bar, open it and delete the Valorant folder.
How to Create Riot Games Account?
Riot Games account management is a usual task for gamers. It is quite easy and very helpful. You can manage everything on one platform; what else do you need? Starting from your game tag to creating a new identity for different games, this platform allows everything. So, what are you waiting for? Go and create a Riot Games account and enjoy some of the best games of our time. I will see you next time, Adios!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is my Riot Games ID?
Login to any Riot Games official site and visit settings. The text in grey color right under your name is your Riot Games ID.
How to Reset My Riot Account Password?
To reset your RIOT account, follow these steps-
1. Click on this link.
2. Hit Forget Password.
3. Choose the region and write your username.
4. You will get an email with a link to reset the password.
5. Once you have successfully reset the password, login and play the game.