Having trouble recovering Deleted Snapchat account? It’s alright. We all have been there and we all have messed up our Snapchat account for various reasons. This article provides you with ways to Recover Deleted Snapchat Account, Recover Snapchat Account if your Password is Forgotten, Recover Snapchat without a Username and email, and some safety tips.
Snapchat is addicting to some other level. The fascination with keeping streaks is never-ending and we cannot get more fond of Snapchat filters. But all of it becomes toxic after a time before we begin to resent it. Although there can be a lot more other reasons to delete a Snapchat account, we have covered all the different ways to recover Deleted Snapchat Account.
If you have deleted or deactivated Snapchat account, then here is how you can recover or reactivate it-
- Open Snapchat from your mobile phone (Android or iPhone).
- Click on “Log In”.
- Enter the username and password of the account that you deleted.
- Click on “Yes”, when Snapchat asks if you would like to “Reactivate your account”.
- Click on “OK”.
- An email will be sent to you saying your account has been reactivated.
If you are thinking about deleting Snapchat Account then you must know how and until when you can recover it. After reading this article there will be nothing else left that you do now know about recovering or securing Snapchat Account.
How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Account?
To reactivate a Snapchat account, you don’t have to bother much. As we gave the step-by-step method to recover deleted Snapchat accounts earlier, we also have many ways how you can Recover Snapchat Account in various other ways.
How to Recover Snapchat Account if Password is Forgotten?
Most of us have at least forgotten our Snapchat password and found ourselves unable to log in Snapchat Account. But you can easily change Snapchat password or reset it.
- Open Snapchat from your phone.
- Log in using your Snapchat credentials.
- If it doesn’t log in, then click on the “Forgot your Password?” button.
- Decide by which means you want to recover Snapchat account, using email or phone number. If you choose email, then enter your email on Snapchat and tap on “Submit” button.
- A link will sent on your email by Snapchat. Click on the link to reset your Snapchat password.
- If you recover Snapchat account by phone number, then enter the number and choose whether you want to get verified by “SMS” or “Call”.
Also Check Out, How To Know If Someone Blocked You On Snapchat 2021: Basic Ideas
How to Recover Snapchat Account without Username and Email?
If you have forgotten the username or email then it is going to be a little tricky. Having done this myself, it is definitely not easy to recover Snapchat account without username and email.
It can happen while you change your device to a new one, and you have already reset the old device. In that case, how can you log in to your Snapchat account when you don’t remember your username, and to which email ID that account was connected to. It was confusing but you can always try these things-
- Write down all your emails on a notepad or a page (you obviously have more than once, that’s why you can’t remember which one was it), and filter the emails.
If you have access to all your emails, then you can open your Mails Application and check in all the different email accounts. Snapchat often sends emails to the connected email account, so try looking for emails sent from Snapchat.
- After you have tried the above way, you should try this one. Open Snapchat and then proceed to the recovery process. Type all your email accounts, one by one, and check. If a message appears on the screen saying “Email address is invalid”, then that email is not connected to your Snapchat account.
- Ask a friend about your username. (This 100% worked for me)
You must have many friends on Snapchat that you make streaks with, or just send memes to. Call them and ask them about your username. They will probably tell you the exact Snapchat username. Try logging in afterward.
How to Recover Stolen Snapchat Account?
Recovering Stolen Snapchat account can mean different things. Either someone has successfully logged in to your account using email and password, or someone has hacked your Snapchat account. Chances are you yourself logged in to your Snapchat account from some other device and forgot to log out, check all the possible situations.
If you have any doubt that your data has been leaked from your Snapchat account then, first of all, check on haveibeenpwned. Afterward, change your password ASAP for avoiding any third-party access to your account.
If you are sure that your Snapchat account has been accessed by someone else, and s/he has changed only the password. You can still take back control of your Snapchat account. Contact Snapchat Help, fill the form and Snapchat will surely get back to you.
But if the person who has stolen Snapchat account has not only changed the password but has also changed the recovery email ID, then there is nothing that you can do now. That’s why it is so important to secure your Snapchat account.
If you deleted your Instagram Account by mistake, then, read How to Recover Deleted Instagram Account?
How to Secure Your Snapchat Account?
It takes only a few minutes to Secure Snapchat Account, and it is super easy too. If you set up or secure a Snapchat account completely there are very low chances for anyone to ever log in or hack your Snapchat account.
Keep Email ID and Phone Number Updated
Go to your Settings and check whether if your email ID, recovery email ID, phone number are updated or not. You can also do this process while you are creating a Snapchat account. If you lose your password and someone has access to your account, you won’t be able to get it back without an email or a phone.
Make sure your email and number are working, because if they are not then how will you send the verification link?
Enable Two-Factor Authentication
This is the best way to secure snapchat account, as only you can access your snapchat account after enabling Two-Factor Authentication. Here is how you can enable Two-Factor Authentication on Snapchat-
- Open Snapchat and go to “Settings”.
- Click on “Two-Factor Authentication” and tap on “Continue”.
- Finish the setup and your Snapchat account will be fully secure.
Use Best Combination of Passwords
It is already well known among many people, but not everyone takes this step seriously. You always should set up strong passwords, with different capital and small letters, special symbols and numbers. For example sweET#98suGAr. These kinds of passwords will be the toughest to crack for anyone.
Make sure you note down these passwords so that you don’t forget them.
How to Delete Snapchat Account?
If you have finally decided to take a break from Snapchat then we have provided the easiest way in which you can do so. Before deleting your Snapchat account, know that deactivate and delete mean the same things on Snapchat.
If you want to deactivate your Snapchat account temporarily then you will still be following the same steps. The only difference is that, if you do not reactive your Snapchat account within 30 days, it will be deleted forever. Make sure if you delete your Snapchat account temporarily then login back in to reactivate it.
You cannot log in back within 24 hours of deleting. Only after 24 hrs and before 30 days you can reactive deleted Snapchat account.
- Visit Accounts Portal and type your Username and Password.
- Fulfill all the details and then confirm the Delete account.
Make sure you remember your username and password, as it will only be deactivated for 30 days and after that, it will be permanently deleted. While a Snapchat account is deactivated, no one will be able to see the account in the friends’ list or search this account.
Guys this was all about how you can recover deleted Snapchat account. Hope you find this article helpful and easy to follow. Comment below if this was helpful to you or if you have any more queries regarding Snapchat. Stay Home! Stay Safe!
Featured Image Credits: YouTube