Feeling regret after deleting your Facebook account? We all have been there, and we all have tried a zillion bizarre ways to undo the deletion. Don’t feel like you are stuck there when you can learn “How to Recover Deleted Facebook Account.” You will find all the helpful tips and tricks here.
Social media is getting in our heads every day and there’s no ending to the discussion on how toxic Social Media is getting every second. It really gets consuming, and before we know we are already depressed. Facebook is the King of Social media Platforms, and shares the title even in “Being Toxic”. If you deleted or deactivated your Facebook Account for any reason possible then here is how you can recover it.
How to Recover Deleted Facebook Account in easy steps?
- Visit Facebook.com.
- Log in to your account.
- Click on “Cancel Deletion” to recover your Facebook account.
This might seem easy to you for now, but account recovery on Facebook can get a lot complex. To save yourself from a little heart attack that you will get if your account gets deleted permanently, read below for all the helpful tips.
How to Recover Deleted Facebook Account | 5 Best Ways
You can recover your deleted Facebook account in various ways. You can use your Trusted Contacts and many other Facebook features. All the steps given below are super easy to follow and will surely help you to retrieve your account back again.
It would be better if you try these steps on a computer. However, all of these methods can be done on your android and iPhones as well.
Recover Permanently Deleted Facebook Account Before 30 Days
If you have deleted your Facebook account permanently then there is a way to recover or restore it, that too in easy steps.
How to recover a permanently Deleted Facebook Account before 30 days?
- Visit Facebook.
- Enter your email and password.
- Enter Log In to open your Facebook account.
Make sure you are trying to recover deleted Facebook account within 30 days of deleting it.
- If your ID and Password are accepted, only then a page will be sown with two options-
Cancel Deletion or Confirm Deletion.
- As you click on “Cancel Deletion”, it will result in a recovered Facebook account.
You should also read, How to Recover Deleted Instagram Account?
After completing this process, you will be able to see all your Facebook posts and videos in your Facebook account. If this way to recover deleted Facebook account didn’t work then we have other ways for you.
Recover Deleted Facebook Account by using Trusted Contacts
Set Up Your Trusted Contacts on Facebook
- Open your Facebook account.
- Go to “Security and Login” Settings.
- Scroll down to “Choose 3 to 5 friends to contact if you get locked out”.
- Click on the “Edit” option.
- Click on “Choose Friends” and enter the names of your trusted contacts.
These trusted contacts that you choose in this last step can help you recover and find your Facebook account. So think thoroughly before choosing them.
Check who stalks you on Facebook now. These are the 100% Working Methods to See Who Viewed Your Facebook Profile? No Third-Party App Required
How to Recover Deleted Facebook Account by using Trusted Contacts
In the recovery process, you can choose one of your Trusted Contacts. Facebook provides a unique URL. This unique URL contains a code to recover Facebook account. You can share this URL with any of your Trusted Contact from an application other than Facebook (Send then via Text Message or Email). By doing this only that person can access your recovery code.
When you are trying ways to recover deleted Facebook account, you can ask your friend to give this code to you. Using this code will lead you to a Facebook account recovering.
Can I Recover Deleted Facebook account after 14 days?
This question arises another one i.e. Can I recover deleted Facebook account after 30 days? Here’s your answer.
Indeed you can recover deleted Facebook account after 14 days. You only have to make sure that this recovery could not be done after 30 days. Before it, the last date for recovery of Facebook account was 2 weeks only i.e. 14 days. But now it has been extended and you will be able to recover Facebook account even after 14 days.
This extension was done because a lot of people had tried, in past, to recover deleted Facebook account, and the company was requested by many to extend the period. So now you can easily get all your Facebook data even after deleting the account.
Save Facebook Account Data Before Deleting
The safest option is to back up all your Facebook data before deleting your Facebook account. Since you won’t be able to do this after 30 days of deletion of the account, this makes this step super important.
When you are deleting the account, you will be presented with an option to download a copy of all your Facebook information in the initial steps. Along with info, Facebook asks you to select the items you want to download from your data. Set up this now so that you don’t have to worry about your data while trying ways to recover deleted Facebook account.
Also, read Is Facebook Marketplace Safe?
This download can also be done when you have an active Facebook account, just by doing the following steps-
- Go to Facebook “Settings”.
- Find the “Your Facebook Information” option.
- Click on “Download Your Information.”
That’s it. That’s all it takes to have all your data before deleting your Facebook account.
Reactivate Facebook Account
In case you searched for “Reactivate my Facebook account”, here is how you can check if your account is deactivated or deleted. But to tell you in advance these steps will reactive your Facebook account.
Just open the Facebook application or go to www.Facebook.com. Enter your login credentials, which are your mail ID and password. If you enter the correct credentials then you will be logged in to your Facebook account. This will mean that you had a “Deactivated” Facebook account.
Difference Between Deactivate or Delete Facebook
- Facebook Account Recovery: You can recover a deactivated Facebook account but you cannot recover a deleted Facebook account (after 30 days of deletion).
- Availability: When you have deactivated Facebook account, Facebook users cannot search and find your timeline at all. But when you have deleted Facebook account, Facebook users may have access to the messages you have sent to them.
- Facebook Data: If you have deactivated Facebook account, all your data from your activity to personal messages are saved in the Facebook Backup Systems. But if you have deleted Facebook account, your data will only be in Facebook backup systems till 90 days after your deletion. After 90 days, all your data will be permanently deleted.
- Using other Apps through Facebook: Even if you have a deactivated Facebook account, you can still use Facebook messenger and other apps. If you have deleted Facebook account, you won’t be able to use any application that is signed in with your Facebook account (deleted).
How to Find My Facebook Account?
Facebook started in 2004 and began to get popular in 2007. It has been 14 years since. Most of us have had at least 2-3 Facebook accounts in the past, which we forgot about, but you can find that old Facebook account and try to recover it.
Ask a friend of yours to give their account credentials, (you’d be lucky if they give it). After logging in to their account, go to the search bar and type the name of your old Facebook account. If you don’t remember the name, that’s alright. Type the closest name you can think of, now narrow the results by adding details.
Choose the “People” tab, and filter the results, according to City, Education, and Work, you think you had mentioned in your old Facebook account. If the account you are using (of a friend of yours) is friends on Facebook with your old account then, go to the settings to find the option for “Friends”. Find your old Facebook account in the friend list.
How to Delete Facebook Account?
To permanently delete Facebook account, do the following steps-
- Click the small downward arrow shown in the top right corner of Facebook.
- Select “Settings and Privacy”.
- Click on “Settings”.
- Click on “Your Facebook Information” shown in the left column.
- Click on “Deactivation and deletion”.
- Tap on “Permanently Delete Account”, now click on “Continue to Account Deletion”.
- Click on “Delete Account”, enter your password and click on “Continue”.
These were the simplest methods to recover deleted Facebook Account, Save Facebook Data, and much more. If you face any issue while attempting ways to recover deleted Facebook account, reach out to us. Comment below your fav tip. We will be glad to hear from you. Have a nice day!
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find deleted Facebook account?
If you have deleted your FB account within the last 30 days, then you can find deleted Facebook account. But if you have deleted your FB account before 30 days then you cannot. You can log in to deleted account by simply login into Facebook.com
Can you restore a Facebook account after deleting it?
Yes, you can restore your Facebook account with 30 days of deletion.
How long does Facebook keep deleted accounts?
Up until 30 days, your Facebook account and all its info is stored in Facebook’s database. After 30 days every piece of your account info will vanish from the database.
Featured Image Credits: YouTube