Be it for a professional setup like in the case for music producers, sound technicians, or just for casual and personal use, headphones with an excellent and detailed audio quality is a must for every music enthusiast. To save your precious time, we have selected some of the best over-ear headphones for music lovers.
The list comprises high-end studio headsets to affordable yet best-value headphones for music. The list has been made while keeping the best sound experience, comfortable usage for long hours, and the overall top features in mind.
The list of the Best Over the Ear Headphones for Music Lovers include:
- Master & Dynamic MW65
- Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro
- Bose QuietComfort 35 II
- Bowers & Wilkins PX7
- Sennheiser HD800
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50X
- Sony WH-1000XM4
Read long the article to find out how exactly these over-ear headphones exceed your expectations in every manner you could think of, from rich detailed true-to-life sound quality to a premium and comfortable design.
Also, Check-Out Beats Studio Buds | Best Apple Headphones for Android
Best Over the Ear Headphones for Music Lovers
Let’s dive deep into the list to know more about these beautiful yet powerful audio gears.
1. Master & Dynamic MW65 (4.3/5)
Starting off the list with absolute beauty, the Master & Dynamic MW65 comes with top features along with a premium design and exceptional acoustics. The MW65 breathes class and sophistication. The headphone also charges up to 12h in just 15min, which makes it one of the premium grade headphones for music enthusiasts.
- Active Noise Cancellation
- 3X industry average Bluetooth range
- Premium materials such as aluminium and fine leather
- Custom 40mm Beryllium drivers
- 24h Battery Life
- Dual Mode Active Noise Cancellation Technology
- Rich and Clear Sounds
- Lightweight and Comfortable
- Very Expensive, around $500
- Not the best Noise Cancellation
2. Bose QuietComfort 35 II (4.7/5)
The next headphone on the list is the Bose QuietComfort 35 II. Bose continues the tradition of the QuietComfort Series by introducing 3 level noise cancellation, i.e to simultaneously use active and passive noise cancellation for a life-like listening experience. This headset easily makes it on our list of best headphones for music lovers.
- Dual noise-rejection Microphone System
- Complete access through BOSE Connect App
- 3 level World Class Noise Cancellation
- Bose – AR enabled
- Up to 20h Battery Life
- Zero Latency
- Excellent Audio Quality
- Comfortable Cushioning
- Quite Expensive, around $300
- No touch controls
3. Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro (4.7/5)
While Beyerdynamic might not be a well-known brand, it surely gives neck-to-neck competition to the big names mentioned in this list. The DT 1990 Pro is a professional audio gear used for studio analytical listening, which makes it one of the must-buy headphones for music – industry professionals.
- 45 mm Dynamic Tesla Neodymium Drivers
- Single Sided Detachable Cable
- Dual Sound Characteristics
- High Resolution Audio
- Professional Use
- Classy and Elegant Design
- Precise and Rich Sound Experience
- 2 Different Replaceable Ear Pads
- Very Expensive, around $600
- High range could be fatiguing
4. Bowers & Wilkins PX7 (4.3/5)
Bowers & Wilkins PX7 over-ear headphones are one of the high-performance beauties on the list. The PX7 delivers the purest quality audio experience along with the convenience of wireless functioning which makes it a worthy contender to be the best headphones for music lovers. It also supports a 15 min quick charge that gives a 6-hour playback.
- 43 mm Best-in-Class Drivers
- Intelligent Battery Conservation Sensors
- Adaptive Noise Cancellation
- Pure and Unmatched Audio Experience
- Light and Durable Carbon Fiber Finish
- Premium Look and Feel
- 30h Battery Life
- Connects up to 2 devices
- Quite Expensive, around $400
- Not the best Call Quality
Also, read 25 Best Wireless Headphones In 2021
5. Sennheiser HD 800 (4.7/5)
The Sennheiser HD 800 is top-of-the-line headphones in both the price range and the overall sound quality. The audio technology used in this beast is a result of constant innovation over six decades. As described in their slogan, the HD 800 is crafted for perfection.
- 56mm Sennheiser’s Most Advanced Driver Technology
- Open Ear Cup Design
- New Absorber Technology to reduce noise
- Innovative Dynamic Transducer Design
- Layered Metal-Plastic Headband
- Luxurious Soft and Comfortable Earpads
- Detailed Frequency Range, 4 – 51000 Hz
- High Quality Microfiber Material
- Undeniably Expensive, around $1500
6. Audio-Technica ATH-M50X (4.7/5)
This is one of the best-selling over-ear headphones on Amazon. The M50X is a studio monitor headset for professional use like sound engineers and music producers.
The M50X is easily one of the most sensitive, affordable, and powerful audio gear in this list that has been critically acclaimed by top audio engineers and reviewers, which only justifies why it deserves to be in this list of headphones for music maniacs.
- 45mm Large Aperture Drivers
- 90 – degree Swiveling Ear Cups
- Excellent Sound Isolation
- Collapsible Design
- Affordable, around $200
- Both Professional and Personal Use
- Exceptional Clarity with Deep Bass
- Detachable Cable
- High range is sometimes uncomfortable
7. Sony WH-1000XM4 (4.7/5)
Another bestseller on the list, the Sony WH-1000XM4 is the best affordable headset that strikes a balance between features and performance. The audio quality is great but not at par with some of the other headsets in this list.
- Dual Noise Sensor Technology
- SENSE Engine Technology for Smart Listening
- Adaptive Sound Control
- EDGE AI for better Sound Enhancement
- Smart Wearing Detection for Pause/Play
- Up to 30h Battery Life
- Affordable, around $200-$350
- Superior Call Quality
- Up to 2 Device Pairing
- Touch Sensor Controls
- Not Water Resistant
- Not Studio – Grade Audio Quality
This concludes our list of premium over-the-ear headphones that are a must for every music lover. We hope that the article helped you in your search for the best headphone for your music needs. Let us know your favorite pick from the above list of headphones for music, in the comment section below.
Feature Image Credits: nytimes.com