RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) -– A Richmond man will serve 15 years in prison for firing a handgun during an armed robbery in Petersburg.
In November 2014, Deontae J. Hargrave, 28, committed an armed robbery of a 7-Eleven convenience. According to the Department of Justice, when demanding money from the cashier, Hargrave fired a .40 caliber round of ammunition into the display case behind the cashier.
Four suspects arrested for robberies involving electronic devices in Henrico County
Hargrave stole $40 and three packs of cigarettes, and subsequently, sent a threatening letter to a detective investigating a crime he was allegedly involved in.
Man charged in Prince George woman’s killing is convicted rapist
In 2015, Hargrave pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 270 months in prison. Following appeals, the 15-year-sentence was confirmed.
- Black Friday Apple product deals: Here are the price drops experts are watching
- Dashcam video: Speeding Florida deputy hits man on bike, prompting lawsuit
- Tyson pork plant managers bet on how many workers would get COVID, lawsuit says
- Petersburg 7-Eleven armed robber sentenced to 15 years in prison
- StormTracker 8: Cold tonight; Sunny & pleasant for Friday