To enjoy and experience movies and shows to the fullest, you need to have the best pair of headphones ON. The headset needs to check all the basic checkboxes like comfort for long hours of binging, a durable design, long battery life, etc. To make your search task easier, we’ve shared a list of the best over-ear headphones for watching movies.
In addition to filling those basic checkboxes, the headphones should also come with features like noise cancellation to improve the overall immersive audio quality. The list in this article is curated keeping all those factors in mind.
Now, let’s have an overview of the 7 Must-have Over-Ear Headphones for Watching Movies:
- HIFIMAN Ananda
- Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700
- Sennheiser RS 175 RF
- Sony WH-1000XM4
- Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless
- Bose QuietComfort 35 II
- Bowers & Wilkins PX7
Read along the article to find out more about this personalized list of headphones for watching movies with the best audio experience.
7 Over-Ear Headphones for Watching Movies
All these headphones are the best in the market right now and provide the overall best experience. Let’s dive right into the list to know why exactly these headphones make it on our list of Must-have over-ear headphones for watching movies and TV shows.
1. HIFIMAN Ananda (4.5/5)
The first over-the-ear headphone on our list is HIFIMAN Ananda. The Ananda is a high-performance headphone that uses state-of-the-art driver technology. These headsets provide one of the best-detailed sound quality on this list.
- Ultra-thin NEO supernano Diaphragm (NsD)
- Hybrid Headband Design
- High Sensitivity
- Planar Magnetic Technology
Check-Out: 25 Best Wireless Headphones In 2021
- Asymmetrical Earcups
- High Power Sensitivity
- Outstanding Audio Performance
- Quite Comfortable
- Undeniably Very Expensive, around $700
- Audio leaking
2. Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 (4.5/5)
The next headphone on our list is from Bose. The Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 live up to their brand value as they provide 11 levels of Active Noise Cancellation for the best possible audio experience which justifies their place as one of the best headphones for watching movies and series.
- IPX4 Water-Resistant
- Superior 4 Mic System
- Active Noise Control
- Crisp and Clear Sound
- Up to 20h Battery Life
- Premium Design
- Touch-Sensitive Controls
- Lightweight and Comfortable Fit
- Very Expensive, around $380
- Not the best bass headset
3. Sennheiser RS 175 RF (4.5/5)
The Sennheiser RS 175 RF is a great option if you want to enjoy binging shows or movies. The RS 175 RF comes with a multi-purpose transmitter that acts as both a charging and docking station.
- Compact and Ergonomic Design
- Bass Boost and Surround Sound Listening Mode
- Deep Immersive Sound
- Up to 18h Battery Life
- Easy-to-use Controls
- Expensive, around $270
- Latency could be an issue
4. Sony WH-1000XM4 (4.7/5)
One of the best-selling headphones on Amazon, the Sony WH-1000XM4 is a great affordable headset that strikes a balance between features and performance. The WH-1000XM4 comes with Adaptive Sound Control to give a personalized listening experience.
- Dual Noise Sensor Technology
- SENSE Engine Technology for Smart Listening
- Adaptive Sound Control
- EDGE AI for better Sound Enhancement
- Smart Wearing Detection for Pause/Play
- Up to 30h Battery Life
- Superior Call Quality
- Up to 2 Device Pairing
- Touch Sensor Controls
- Not Water Resistant
- Expensive, around $200-$350
5. Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless (4.1/5)
Just like their wired counterpart, the Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless headphones provide the same professional sound quality, well, without the hassles of wires. This is a great set of headphones for listening to music along with watching movies for long sessions.
- B&W Bespoke Acoustic Technology
- Foldable Design
- Made with finest materials: Aluminium and Leather
- Excellent Sound Quality
- Premium and Durable Design
- Up to 17h Battery Life
- Leather Carrying Case
- Active Noise Cancellation
- Quite Expensive, around $400
- Doesn’t support B&W App
6. Bose QuietComfort 35 II (4.7/5)
The next headphone on the list is the Bose QuietComfort 35 II. Bose continues the tradition of the QuietComfort Series by introducing 3 level noise cancellation, i.e to simultaneously use active and passive noise cancellation for a life-like listening experience.
- Dual noise-rejection Microphone System
- Complete access through BOSE Connect App
- 3 level World Class Noise Cancellation
- Bose – AR enabled
Also, Check-out: 7 Best Over The Ear Headphones for Gaming
- Up to 20h Battery Life
- Zero Latency
- Excellent Audio Quality
- Comfortable Cushioning
- Quite Expensive, around $300
- No touch controls
7. Bowers & Wilkins PX7 (4.3/5)
Bowers & Wilkins PX7 over the headphones are one of the high-performance beauties on the list. The PX7 delivers the purest quality audio experience along with the convenience of wireless functioning. It also supports a 15 min quick charge that gives a 6h playback.
- 43 mm Best-in-Class Drivers
- Intelligent Battery Conservation Sensors
- Adaptive Noise Cancellation
- Pure and Unmatched Audio Experience
- Light and Durable Carbon Fiber Finish
- Premium Look and Feel
- 30h Battery Life
- Connects up to 2 devices
- Quite Expensive, around $400
- Not the best Call Quality
Note: The PX7 has a slightly upper edge to P7 wireless headphones but if you want a headphone with a foldable design, the P7 wireless is your pick.
This concludes our list of 7 Must-have over-ear headphones for watching movies. These headphones are the best in the market in terms of sound quality. Comment down below which headphones you’d like to buy.
Feature Image Credit: FixThePhoto