JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – As the holiday season looms, the COVID-19 pandemic throws survival into hyper gear.
This year, help is more important than ever as much more people than in years pass have seen a loss while the state battles COVID-19.
Food giveaways have already started. One at Poindexter Park was important to many of the shelters in Jackson.
Neighbors who attended the Thanksgiving feeding said the food makes a difference.
“I appreciate it yeah, I do, for gods blessing. It’s a blessing from god when they come out here and bless us with the food.”
- MRA completes perfect season, beats Jackson Academy in MAIS 6A state championship
- Boys and Girls Club of Central Mississippi feeds families ahead of Thanksgiving
- Local community joins together to feed the homeless
- Rep. Stephanie Foster hosts final food giveaway in Jackson
- Many GOP lawmakers shrug off Statehouse mask-wearing rules