Kadaknath who appeared as a Black Meat Chicken (B.M.C.) is one of the chicken breeds to be found in India. Kadaknath chicken is very famous for its meat quality, texture, and taste which makes it different from other breeds. Nowadays, Kadaknath Chicken is in the spotlight in the states of India due to the excellent medicinal and nutritional values possessed by it.
Also, Kadaknath’s chicken is considered as an absolute nutritive, especially for all those people who are suffering from high blood pressure, cholesterol level and fatigue problems. As it has low cholesterol level and the content of amino acids are higher than what’s found in other chicken breeds.
Kadaknath chicken has recently been the talk of the country because of its unique black colored meat, skin and bones, some features which are not yet available in any other chicken breed of India.
If you are bored of eating the same chicken over and over again and want to get rid of that usual taste from your taste buds then Kadaknath Chicken is the best chicken choice for you that you must try atleast once to experience its heavenly taste.
Amazing Health Benefits of Kadaknath Chicken
Kadaknath chicken is king of all nutritional goodness, also a rich source of Calcium, Phosphorus which is highly favourable for uplifting the bone strength. 100 gm serving of kadaknath chicken consists of 25% protein, around 1% fat, 185 mg cholesterol, and 24% linoleic acid which makes it suitable to be served to the patients as well. After all a diet with low fat and low cholesterol with sufficient protein is what we all need to maintain good health.
|S.N. Properties||Kadaknath Chicken Nutritional value|
|1 Protein content||25%|
|2 Fat content||0.73 to 1.03|
|3 Linoleic Acid||24%|
|4 Cholesterol||184mg / 100gm|
Try Black Chicken to improve your health | Comparison of kadaknath chicken with Broiler chicken
|Components||Kadaknath chicken||Broiler chicken|
|Eggs production in a year||110 – 120||70 – 80|
|Protein Content||25%||18% – 20%|
|Egg color||Dark Brown||Light Brown|
|Fat Content||0.73% – 1.03%||13% – 25%|
|Cholesterol level||184 mg – 100g||218 mg- 100g|
|Tenderness of meat||Lean and soft||Hard|
|Meat colour||Black||Light Red|
Some Facts about Kadaknath Chicken Breed:-
|Weight of Day Old Kadaknath Chicks||28 to 30 grams|
|Bird Body Colour||Jet black|
|Bodyweight in 8 weeks||0.8 0.9 kg|
|The period required to attain 1 kg of body weight||13 to14 Weeks|
|Survival rate||95 %|
|The period required to attain 1.5 to 2 Kg Bodyweight||Like Country Chicken|
|The total weight (male)||1 to 1.5 kg|
|Quality of Meat||Black like pure country chicken|
|Taste of the meat||It tastes like country chicken.|
|Are these good for Commercial or Backyard poultry farming||Good for both|
|Average egg weight||40 to 45 grams.|
|Egg color||Creamy Brown|
|Feed required||50 kg for the entire growth|
MS Dhoni shows his love for Kadaknath Chicken by ordering 2,000 of them for commercial purpose
Cricket fans will be very much familiar with the fact that Dhoni’s love for butter chicken is similar to his love for cricket . And Taking his passion of kadaknath chicken forward he is all set to farm famous black ‘Kadaknath’ chickens at his organic poultry unit . Dhoni seems to be very much keen to start farming his first ever own batch of the special Kadaknath chicken at his organic poultry unit in Ranchi.
Jhabua scientist suggests adding Kadaknath chicken to Indian cricket team’s diet
The Indian cricket team does not have to adopt a vegan diet to avoid fat and cholesterol if they eat the meat of the famous Kadaknath chickens of Madhya Pradesh, a scientist has suggested.
In a letter written to Indian cricket captain Virat Kohli and the Board of Control for Cricket in India on the eve of the Sydney Test match, the principal scientist of Jhabua’s KVK (Krishi Vigyan Kendra) or agriculture knowledge center has suggested that the Kadaknath or ”Kali Masi” chicken could be a healthy addition to the team’s diet.
Kadaknath Chicken is Now available in Jammu
The most in-demand chicken of India is now available in your Jammu city and you can now enjoy the nutritious and delicious Kadaknath Chicken.
With its enriching nutritional value, Kadaknath chicken makes the immune system strong to fight diseases. Now you experience the benefits of Kedarnath chicken and chicks exclusively in Jammu.
Nutrition Packed, Healthy & Tasty Kadaknath Chicken Recipes
Kadaknath Chicken Dum Biryani:
Recipe for preparing Kadaknath chicken dum biryani with the detailed procedure.
Ingredients of kadaknath murga recipe:
- Rice – 1/2kg
- Kadaknath Chicken with bones – 1/2kg
- Coriander leaves – 1/2 bunch
- Mint leaves – 1bunch
- Green chilli – 4
- Big Onion – 250g
- Tomato – 250g
- Ginger garlic paste – 50g
- Curd – 1/2 cup
- Oil – 2tblspn
- Cardamom – 2
- Edible alga / algae (Kadalpasi ) – 1/2tspn
- Cinnamon, Cloves, Marathi Moggu, Star anise (Annasi poo) – Each 2
- Red Chilli Powder – 2tspn
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tspn
- Coriander Powder – 4tspn
- Salt – to taste
- Heat a thick bottom vessel or a cooker. Add 2 tbsp oil and add all garam masala ingredients (cinnamon, cloves, marathimoggu, annasi poo, cardamom, star anise) one by one. You can also powder these ingredients and use it.
- Add chopped onion and fry it till it turns into a brown color. Now add ginger garlic paste and fry it till the raw smell goes off. Then add tomato, saute it well.
- Now add turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder and little water, fry it till the raw smell goes off. Add coriander, mint leaves and saute it well.
- Now add cleaned Kadaknath chicken with little salt, fry it for 5 minutes. Once it’s half done, then add slitted green chilli and mix it well.
- Finally add washed rice and mix well. For 1 cup rice add 1 1/2 cups of water. Close the lid and let it cook. Once the rice is 3/4th done add curd and mix well.
- You can dum cook the biryani by covering the vessel with wheat flour dough or with a thick kitchen towel. Or you can keep the vessel that contains water on top of the biryani vessel.
- Here I’ve used a kitchen towel and put the tight lid on top of it.
- Now completely reduce the heat into medium flame and remove the biryani vessel.
- Now place a flat heavy bottomed non-stick pan with water on the stove and allow it to heat.
- After that on top of it place the biryani vessel and cook for 30 -35 minutes. (Or you can cook the biryani in low heat for 40 minutes)
- You will smell a nice aroma after 30 -35 minutes so that way you will know the biryani is ready. Now turn it off the heat and remove the vessel.
You can make small slits on the Kadaknath chicken; this will help the masala to penetrate well into the chicken.
Make sure that the heavy bottomed pan (used for putting dum) has water throughout the dum period to avoid biryani’s lower layer getting burnt.
Kadaknath Chicken Chops:
Ingredients of kadaknath chicken recipe:
- Kadaknath chicken – ½ kg
- Oil – 5 tbsp
- Red chilli pwd – 1 tbsp
- Fennel pwd – ¼ tbsp
- Cumin pwd – ½ tbsp
- Pepper pwd – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric pwd – ¼ tbsp
- Onion – 2
- Tomato – 1
- Green chilly – 2
- Yogurt – 2 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Fresh lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves
- To prepare garam masala:
- Cinnamon – 2, clove – 1, cardamom – 1, bay leaf – 1
- Roast them dry and grind it to fine pwd.
- Heat oil in a pan, add red chilli pwd, fennel pwd, cumin pwd and salt to it.
- Mix them and add chicken pieces, toss it well, in a simmer for about 5 mins.
- Chicken shrinks and absorbs all the spices to it.
- Add 1 tb water to it and cook it covered for another 5 mins.
- Allow the chicken to get half cooked.
- Heat oil in a fry pan, temper with garam masala pwd, fry onion till it is browned.
- Add green chillies, ginger garlic paste followed by mashed tomato puree.
- Toss it and allow boiling by adding turmeric pwd, pepper pwd.
- Now add the chicken with masala, mix well and cook it covered by tossing once in a while.
- Once the required consistency acquired, remove from flame, add 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice and mix gently.
- Garnish with fried onion, lemon wedges and sliced tomatoes.
- Serve hot with chopped coriander sprinklings.
- Mouth watery Nattu Kozhi Chops ready.