It actually sucks when you have to connect with someone on call and their number is missing from your contact list. What would you do in this situation? You cannot always ask for their number again. And what if their number is the only way to connect with them? Ahh! Before you get stuck in these questions you must learn how your iPhone contacts disappeared and how you can bring them back.
The recent updates of iOS 15 and 14 have brought a lot of issues related to the disappearance of contacts. The major reason behind this is syncing. When contacts aren’t synced properly in your account, you are more likely to face issues like this on your iPhone. But what are the quick solutions?
We have got you covered. Quickly go through all the six solutions for the ‘iPhone Contacts Disappeared’ issue and get your contacts back, ASAP!
Why Are My iPhone Contacts Disappeared?
The issue came first to the users who got iOS 14 and iOS 15. There seemed to be a problem but everything can be solved with some easy tricks. But, before we jump on to solutions you must know why your iPhone contacts disappeared. Here are the most probable reasons-
1. Buggy iOS Software Update or Downgrade
Buggy iOS updates are the first and foremost reason behind the disappearance of iPhone contacts. Many iOS users who updated their phones to iOS 15 have faced this issue. In the same way, users who downgraded their iOS versions also noticed that their iPhone contacts disappeared. If you have faced this issue after either updating or downgrading your iOS, this is the reason why your iPhone contacts disappeared
2. iPhone Jailbreak
Jailbreaking a phone might sound exciting but it can unleash a lot of errors on your iPhone. And you know what’s the worst part? The iPhone services won’t apply to your phone when you jailbreak because it is against their teams and conditions.
3. Mistaken Deletion or Operation
This might sound bizarre, but it is possible. Sometimes when we play with our iPhone settings without knowing what we are doing, it can permanently delete our data including contacts. So, just in case you or someone has messed with your phone, that’s probably the actual reason why your iPhone contacts disappeared.
4. Poor Internet Connection & Syncing Issues
Now, poor internet might not impact your calling but it surely impacts your contact and syncing information. If the internet connection is not strong, iOS won’t be able to sync properly into iCloud and we all know how badly that could end. Scattered data is always a sign of a bad internet connection. So, just in case you are upgrading your iOS or simply adding contacts, make sure you have a good and strong internet connection.
Fix For iPhone Contacts Disappeared | Multiple Working Solutions
We have mentioned a total of six solutions that will solve your “iPhone Contacts Disappeared” issue. Try all of them and then tell us which of them worked well for you. Comment sections are always open to you.
1. iCloud | Sign Out and Sign In
The first solution that you should follow after your iPhone contacts disappeared, is the sign-out and sign-in of iCloud. This fix is most likely to solve your issue. Plus it’s super easy. You only need to unlock and click a few times to bring back your contacts on your iPhone.
- Open “Settings”.
- Click on your profile icon.
- At the bottom of the screen, you’ll see a “Sign Out” button. Click on it.
- If you have enabled “Find My iPhone” previously then it will ask you to enter your Apple ID. Fill in the ID.
- Now, you’ll see a “Keep A Copy Of” section. Here you’ll have to turn on the toggles only for Contacts. You can also turn on the toggles of other apps like Keychain and Safari.
- Hit “Sign Out”.
- Now, again Sign in to your iPhone with the same Apple ID that you just signed out.
Before you begin this process, know that after you Sign Out all your optimized photo and video content will be removed from this device. However, the data will be kept in other devices where you have logged in with the same account.
Along with photos and videos, your iCloud data will also be removed from your device, but not on other devices where you have logged in using the same account. The Health data will be kept in your iPhone even after you sign out of your Apple account.
2. Contact Settings
The next solution that will solve your ‘iPhone Contacts Disappeared’ issue takes you to the Contacts application on iPhone.
- Click on the Phone app.
- Tap on the “Contacts” tab at the bottom of the screen.
- On the top left corner of this screen, you’ll see a “Groups” option. Click on it.
- Now, deselect the “All iCloud” option and hit “Done”.
After following all these steps, your contacts should come back. If any contact is still missing then add the contact again manually (if possible). After you are done with this make sure you again go to Phone app>Contacts>Groups and select the “All iCloud” option.
3. iCloud | Turn Off and Turn On
Sometimes the problem comes in syncing so we will turn some toggles on and off so that the sync works smoothly.
- Launch “Settings” on your iPhone.
- Click on the profile icon and go to “iCloud”.
- You’ll see the toggle button of “Contacts” in the “APPS USING ICLOUD” section. Turn the toggle off if it isn’t already.
- A pop will show next saying, “What would you like to do with the previously synced iCloud contacts on your iPhone?”.
- Choose “Keep on My iPhone”.
- Now, restart your iPhone.
- Go to “Settings”, click on your profile icon, visit “iCloud” and then turn on the “Contacts” toggle.
- Again a pop-up will show after you turn on the Contacts toggle. Click on “Merge”.
After some time, iCloud will automatically merge all your contacts with iCloud. Check after half an hour if your contacts have been correctly merged or not.
4. Set “On My iPhone” As Default
If you use multiple accounts, then it can sometimes confuse the iOS. In this case, you can make it clear by having a preferred account on iOS. How will you do it? Simply follow these steps and this will help you with your “iPhone Contacts Disappeared” issue.
- Open “Settings” on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and click on “Contacts”.
- Click on “Default Account” and select “On My iPhone”.
These are the steps to set up a preferred account or default account on an iPhone.
5. Restore iPhone Backup
Restoring your iPhone backup can definitely sort out your “iPhone Contacts Disappeared” problem. If the problem has been occurring for a long time, you can simply clean all your phone and make a better start by syncing correctly. This will also remove any bugs that have caused this issue internally.
- Connect your iPhone to a Mac or a PC.
- Launch “Finder (in macOS Catalina)/iTunes”.
- Select your iPhone.
- Tap on “Restore Backup” and select the preferred backup.
Once you are done with restoring the backup, open the Contacts on your phone to check if your contacts are properly synced or not.
6. Third-party Data Recovery Software
Are you still unable to recover your disappeared contacts on your iPhone? If that’s a yes, then your only chance left is now to use data recovery software. You can get plenty of choices from Google and the Apple App Store. However, not all of them can be trusted. Wisely choose software that has high ratings on multiple platforms. Read customer reviews because most of this software charge some bucks.
You can bring your iPhone contacts back by signing out of your account and then signing in back. Try turning on and off your Contacts in iCloud. You can also try getting a backup. Among all the solutions, the sign-out and sign-in one is recommended by us.
If you face any difficulty then comment below and we will try to help you out. Do not forget to share this article with your friends. Have a great day and keep visiting Path Of EX for more helpful stuff.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why have my Contacts disappeared from my iPhone?
Your contacts can disappear from your iPhone because of syncing issues. Also if you have recently updated to downgraded your iOS then you are more likely to face this issue of Contact disappearance.
What do I do if my iPhone Contacts disappeared?
If your iPhone contacts have disappeared then sign out of your apple account and then sign back in. In the iCloud section turn the Contacts toggle off, restart your iPhone and turn the toggle on again.
How do I get my Contacts back on my iPhone without iCloud?
If you want to get your contacts back on your iPhone without iCloud then you can use your backup to do so. Connect your iPhone with a MacBook or PC and use iTunes to get your backup.