A large number of users mainly depend on the Message search option to save time while looking for particular information. It should be noted that the new search filters on iOS 17 have enhanced the Message search option utility. However, many users are disappointed and are looking for the reason why is the iOS 17 Message search not working.
After the iOS 17 update, many users have reported issues with many apps. There are issues, like StandBy mode showing in Red, issues with CarPlay, and Alarm not working. Let me tell you the solutions against these errors are easy: you can restart your iPhone, enable the Message search option, and check for iOS 17’s latest update.
The below write-up will help you learn the steps to solve the iOS 17 Message search not working issue. In addition, I have also mentioned the customer support details so you can contact them easily.
In This Article
Why is iOS 17 Message Search Not Working?
The iOS 17 update can be the main reason behind not working the Message search option. However, I cannot assure you for this reason. It is assumed that users reported this issue only after installing the new iOS 17 update. Check the below points and find other reasons that might cause the iOS 17 Message search not working.
- A Software Bug: It is possible that in the new iOS 17 version, there is a bug. Hence, users are having issues with the new iOS 17 search option.
- A problem in the Message App: There is a possibility that the Message App itself is facing some problems. This could happen due to corrupted files and configuration.
- Problem with Your iOS Device: Your iPhone might have a problem. This can happen due to a hardware or software issue.
How to Fix iOS 17 Message Search Not Working?
Whatever the cause behind the not working iOS 17 Message search option, solutions are available against it. The solutions are straightforward and don’t require any expenditure. Scroll down and find the best solutions.
1. Restart Your iPhone
You can try restarting your iOS device. Restraining usually resolves many issues, like bugs and minor technical glitches. Follow the below steps to restart your iOS device with the new iOS 17 update.
- Press and hold either the volume button and the side button.
- Leave the buttons when the slider appears on your iOS home screen.
- Drag the slider towards the right.
- Wait for 30 seconds.
- Turn on your iOS device using your Face ID, Touch ID, and Password.
2. Ensure Message Search is Enabled
You may forget to enable the Message search option after updating your iOS device to the latest iOS 17 version. Follow the below steps to enable the message to search option.
- Launch the Settings app.
- Scroll and tap on the Messages option.
- Look for the Siri and Search option.
- Confirm that the Search option is enabled.
3. Check for the Latest iOS 17 Updates
It has been assumed that the new iOS 17 version, i.e., iOS 17.0.3, will come with the fixes for the apps not running properly with iOS 17. Follow the steps below and ensure you are using the iOS 17’s new update, like iOS 17.0.1 or iOS 17.0.2.
- Launch the Setting app.
- Navigate to the General option.
- Scroll and select the Software Update option.
- If you found any pending updates, click to install the latest version.
4. Downgrade to iOS 16
Many users have reported that the iOS 17 Message search not working problem is occurring with the latest iOS 17 update. Hence, you can downgrade your iOS 17 device to the iOS 16 update.
- Connect your iPhone with your Mac and click on Trust.
- Open iTunes if you are using Windows and Finder for Mac.
- Launch the Recovery Mode.
- In Finder on Windows, select the Restore and Update option.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- As the process finishes, your iPhone runs on the iOS 16.5 version.
Important Points to Rember
- To downgrade your iOS device to iOS 16 version, you need to use a Mac or Computer device.
- Ensure you use a strong internet connection to download the IPSW file.
- Remember that you can not take backups for messages, photos, files, etc., created after updating your iPhone to iOS 17. So, you must take backup to all these things manually.
5. Uninstall and Reinstall the Message App
Uninstalling the Message app will help you reset and fix all its corrupted files. This also helps you in resolving the iOS Message Search not working issue. Follow the below steps to complete the uninstalling and reinstalling Message App process.
- Tap and hold the Message App icon till it jiggles.
- Click on the X option, present in the corner. This will delete the Message App from your iOS device.
- Go to the App Store and search for the Message App from the search bar.
- Click on the Install option.
- Wait till the process is complete.
Contact the Apple Support Team
After following all the methods, you must contact Apple’s Support team if you still face the iOS 17 Search not working issue. Every region or country has its contact number to contact Apple’s support team. The United States residents can call on 1-800-275-2273. In other regions, customers can look at the contact page and check the number as per their country. Also, remember you must check the details for the category you are calling.
The new iOS 17 has brought glitches and bugs with its release. However, it has been observed that Apple’s operating team is continuously working to resolve this issue. Also, it has been assumed that with the new iOS 17.0.3 update, many glitches and bugs will be fixed. Until then, you can try the above methods and resolve the iOS 17 Message search not working issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why is the iOS 17 Message search not working?
The Message search is not working, which might be due to software issues, hardware issues, iOS 17 update, and many more.
2. How to fix the iOS 17 Message search not working issue?
You can fix the iOS 17 Message search issue by restarting your iPhone, enabling the Message search option, downgrading to iOS 16, reinstalling the Message app, and contacting the customer support team.
3. Can an iPhone retrieve old messages?
iPhone allows you to take a backup of messages for up to 30 days.