Instagram has always fascinated us with its advanced features from chatting to story updating to creating reels to going live, following your favorite celebrities, and enhancing your business. Instagram is a global platform and has made it quite easy for us to control our accounts. If you don’t feel comfortable with a specific person on Instagram and want to remove them from your profile, let’s see about Instagram restrict and block and choose which one is best.
I feel awkward if I block someone who is known to me as I don’t want them to know. To avoid this awkward situation, I want some best privacy options on Instagram. If you feel the same and want to know the best suitable option for you, read all the traits of Instagram “Restrict vs Block”.
Let’s get started with this article and know the differences between Restrict and Block. Differentiate them and choose the best options for you.
What Is Blocking On Instagram?
Blocking on Instagram allows you to block multiple accounts which you don’t want to see on Instagram. You can simply block them and they will not get notified about this. The moment you block someone, check the block list or the blocked accounts on the Instagram app.
When you block someone on Instagram. You see two pop-ups:-
- Block “Users Name” and new accounts they may create.
- Block “Users Name”.
You can choose one of these:
- If you choose ( Block “Users Name” and new accounts they may create). You will get notified that new accounts they may create will also be blocked or you can unblock them from your settings.
- If you choose (Block “Users Name). You will get notified that the user is blocked or you can unblock them anytime from their profile.
How To Block Someone Through Settings?
- Tap on your profile in the bottom right of the screen.
- Tap on the top right of the screen on three small horizontal lines.
- Tap on Settings, then Privacy.
- Scroll down and you will see two options as Interactions and Connections.
- Go to Connections. Tap on Blocked Accounts.
- To unblock the user from Blocked Accounts. Simply tap on Unblock which is exactly at the right side of the user’s name.
- To add a user to the list of the blocked accounts, tap on + which is exactly on the top right. Search for the user’s name and finally tap on Block.
How To Block Someone Through Their Profile?
To block someone through their profile. Simply go through the following steps:
- Tap on the search bar and enter the user’s name.
- Tap on three dots on the top right of your screen.
- Tap on Block the accounts or the new accounts they may create.
- Choose one of the two options and finally tap on Block.
Also, read How To Edit A Comment On Instagram 2021?
How To Block Someone Through Chat Box?
- Tap on Feed and go to the top right of the screen indicating the messenger icon.
- Go through the chat and select the chat you want to block.
- Tap on the user’s name that you want to block.
- Scroll down and finally tap on Block.
With the help of blocking, the other person will not be able to message you or find your profile, posts, or story on Instagram. They will not be notified that you have blocked them. However, the people you block on Instagram can see your likes or comments. If you have shared on public accounts.
What Is Restrict On Instagram?
Restricting on Instagram is an important feature of Instagram. If you restrict someone on Instagram, they will not be able to see you online or you have read their messages.
- If they comment on your post that will be visible only to them. However, if you choose to see their comment, tap on See Comment.
- If you want others to see their comment. You can tap on Approve or you can delete or ignore it.
- If you want to restrict multiple people from your comments. You can easily do it.
How To Restrict Through Messages?
- Tap on the Feed. Go to the top right of your screen indicating the messenger icon.
- Tap on the chatbox of the person you want to restrict.
- Tap on the user’s name at the top of the chat.
- Tap on the three dots in the top right of the screen.
- Tap on the Restrict and finally on Restrict Account to confirm.
- The messages you receive from the restricted account will move to message requests as well as future messages.
- The messages you receive in the group chat from the restricted account will be notified to you. You can choose to stay or leave the group.
How To Restrict Through A Comment?
- Tap on your posts and view all comments.
- For iPhone users(swipe left) and for Andriod users(hold the comment).
- Tap on Restrict” Users Name”.
How To Restrict Through Settings?
- Tap on your profile in the bottom right of your screen.
- Tap on three horizontal lines in the top right of your screen
- Tap on Settings.
- Scroll down, go to Connections and tap on Restricted Accounts.
- Finally, tap on Restrict.
- If you want to Unrestrict.Tap on Unrestrict.
Also, read How To Turn Off Likes On Instagram?
How To Restrict Someone Through Profile?
- Search for the User’s name.
- Tap on their profile.
- Tap three dots in the top right of the screen.
- Tap on Restrict.
- Tap on Restrict account or you can also choose Unrestrict.
- Go to the user’s profile.
- Tap on Restrict or you can Unrestrict.
- Tap on Dismiss and you will see a pop-up that a user’s account has been restricted.
I hope you got enlightened about the best features of Instagram. Whether you want to block or restrict, it is now at your fingertips. Keep using these features and if you see anybody violating the Instagram community guidelines, feel free to restrict or block that user’s account. Now it is time to wrap up this article. Stay updated on this page. Have a nice day!