If you want to make use of Instagram marketing for your business, you need to make an Instagram Business account. Instagram stories can help you to connect with your audience. It is also a great way to promote your brand and increase your brand awareness. Here you will discover some of the tips for Instagram marketing. So let’s begin.
1. Define Your Goals Clearly
All social platforms are like digital tools. But you can’t use these tools efficiently until and unless you don’t know your specific objective. Instagram marketing can benefit your companies in a variety of ways. Some of the benefits are:
- Creating an online presence for your establishment
- Help to promote your brand
- Produce new leads
You might want to enjoy all these benefits. But if you don’t know your goals, you will not be able to predict where they can ultimately lead you.
2. Know Your Targeted Audience
A little research can help you to find your targeted audience when you need to market on Instagram. For example, the post on Instagram can show that:
- The type of Instagram users
- Help to locate Instagram market
- The number of urban and suburban citizens using Instagram
But this does not indicate you should choose Instagram to reach your audience. Instead, know where your market is and speak through your content.
3. Update Your Instagram Profile
Your content should be able to attract customers. Make the content in such a way that conveys your brand personality and tell the people why they would use their product or services. If you can achieve this, you can make the audience follow your Instagram account.
There are some of the changes that you can make to your Instagram account so that people can track you easily, which are as follows:
- Make your name within 30 characters
- A customizable URL that you can change when you like
- Explain your business objectives, goals, and ideas
- Provide your contact number so that that people can find you
- Make a facility for Instagram users so that they can interact with you directly through the Instagram profile page.
4. Choose The Right Photo
Put your brand logo on your Instagram profile photo. This helps to increase your brand visibility and allows users to understand who you really are. The Instagram photo should display its whole thing.
5. Produce Visually Appealing Content
Instagram is a digital platform; you can make your content visually compelling so that visitors will see your content. It is not mandatory to use professional photograph devices to make your photos and videos stunning. The photos and videos need to be well-composed, precise and should focus on your features.
You can add infographics, cool graphics, and animation to make your photos crisp, easy to read, clear, and eye-catching.
The visual content needs to be appealing. You can add cool pics, but it should convey some stories in order to engage your viewers.
Here are some of the ideas for creating a post:
- Add valuable text and quotes images. Experiment with text to make the content visually attractive.
- The nature of the content should be authentic and compelling.
- Providing instructional posts on how to achieve your goals.
- The maximum Instagram video length should be 50 seconds.
You should keep in mind that attractive video content or blogs can draw others if people like your content. When they like your content, there is a high chance that they will share your content with their fellow friends, or they will post it in their newsfeed. So if you are thinking about how to advertise your business on Instagram, you should focus on creating content that is worth sharing.
6. Create Your Brand Logo On Instagram
After deciding what type of post you need to publish, you need to finalize the look. The look of your content influences buying decisions and brand awareness. The look of your Instagram profile creates an aesthetic that you need to maintain all the time. It helps the followers to easily recognize your post.
7. Post-Nice Captions
We have discussed before that Instagram is a visual medium. However, there is no reason to compromise your captions. So do not ever neglect your captions since it helps to express the voice of the brand. Brand voice is equally important as the brand look. You should focus on brand voice as you focus on the brand look. An Instagram caption may contain 2000 characters so that you can express your story well to the viewers.
Most people like to see captions rather than seeing the full post in detail, so you need to get information on the first lines. According to the type of post, you can adjust your caption length. If you want to express more about your brand, you can say it confidently, but you must ensure the extra text is worth posting.
8. Make Use Of Hashtags Meaningfully
Hashtags are a great method to enhance your brand visibility and discoverability. You can try using 20 hashtags in an Instagram post. However, this is not compulsory, and you don’t want to do that.
For each post, it is advisable to use five to ten hashtags. But including more hashtags can sometimes irritate the followers. It may further get worse if you start using irrelevant or repetitive hashtags. To get the best results, you should choose hashtags that go well with your product and are particular to your niche.
9. Engage Your Audience With Interesting Content
If you want traffic on Instagram, you have to create engaging content. Sending quality content in your Instagram profile may sound great, but if you do not give importance to the comments and never communicate with any other profiles, you will stay alone.
You should try to give feedback to some comments on your feed. You can also look for similar accounts, track other accounts like yours, and make comments on the post. In this way, you will be able to create an online presence. If anyone tags you, you should look for it out and look for other ways to engage the visitors.
10. Post Instagram Stories
Most business firms use Instagram for creating stories. And the result is great. Stories can become a great tool for Instagram’s marketing strategy. The audience expects informative, interesting, and raw content in the Instagram news feed. It gives a chance to communicate with the followers and thus make a strong bond. To make your Instagram stories appealing, we have presented few strategies:
- The story should provide a valuable message to the users.
- Use a short scene and tell most of the things in the first four seconds.
- Give users valuable information so that they can make use of it.
- The Instagram story should relate to your brand and goals.
- If fans tag you, you can share the content again. This can be an easy way to share or spread your content while giving thanks to your viewers.
11. Highlight Your Stories In A Perfect Way
You can produce sophisticated albums to maintain or record your top stories and content. It prevents the stories from vanishing after 24 hours. You can download Instagram stories via multiple applications. You can focus your albums just below your bio. In this way, you can design a custom cover for each.
When you are able to highlight your stories in a perfect way, it adds a whole new feature, providing potential Instagram users with tons of information and giving them reasons to follow you on Instagram.
12. Sell Digital Gift Cards
Selling digital gift cards is the best way to make a relationship with your viewers and allow them to help, particularly when you are going through a tough time.
13. Use Countdown Sticker To Build Product Anticipation
Interactive countdown stories create a new sensation among the audience during a product launch and event. A countdown sticker is a great tool that notifies your viewers about the upcoming events when you have got something new to launch.
For example, a cosmetic company uses a countdown sticker to inform about their new product launch so that their fans can avail themselves of the first access.
14. Go Live
Instagram Live provides tons of amazing ways to communicate with fans in real-time. Here are some following strategies that you can follow:
- Doing a workshop or sharing a tutorial
- Hosting Q & A
- Interviewing a person
- Talk to a customer
15. Know That The Best Time To Post Stories, And Videos On Instagram
After analyzing tons of posts from 12 different industries, it has been found that there is a specific time for posting. Here is the list of some products and services that you need to post at specific times:
- Technology: Wednesday and Tuesday, 1 p.m.
- Pharma and healthcare: Friday and Sunday, 10 a.m.
- Personal care: Thursday and Friday, 1, 3, or 4 p.m.
- Non-profit: Saturday, 11 a.m. or 4 p.m.
- Professional services: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 8 or 10 a.m.
- Retail: Monday, Friday, and Sunday, 11 p.m.
- Non-retail e-commerce: Wednesday, 4 or 9 p.m.
- Food and beverage: Saturday, 12 p.m.
- Media and entertainment: Tuesday and Friday, 11 to 3 p.m.
- Travel and tourism: Thursday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.