Idaho Falls house fire causes $200,000 in damages – East Idaho News

Idaho Falls house fire causes 0,000 in damages – East Idaho News

Courtesy Idaho Falls Fire Department

IDAHO FALLS — An Idaho Falls home was seriously damaged by a fire Friday evening.

The Idaho Falls Fire Department was called to the 1000 block of Carmel Drive at about 6 p.m. A 911 caller told dispatchers a fire caused by grease on a grill had quickly spread to an adjacent home’s porch, eaves, roof and attic, according to an IFFD news release.

Three adults were inside the home at the time of the fire, as well as a cat and a couple of dogs. The occupants and the dogs evacuated the home safely, and authorities are still searching for the cat.

READ MORE  Trump pressured Georgia elections investigator to 'find the fraud' in 2020 election - Local News 8

Area utilities were temporarily shut off as a precaution while the fire was being put out. The blaze was mostly extinguished before 6:30 p.m., but embers did reignite several times.

The fire damaged the outside porch, eaves, roof, attic, kitchen and living room. There was also smoke damage throughout the entire home. Damages are estimated at $200,000, according to fire department spokeswoman Kerry Hammon.

Courtesy Idaho Falls Fire Department

Source link

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*