In college students get a lot of writing assignments. One of the most popular ones is a paper on Sociology. Some of the students get confused about what it is and how it should be done. Today, we want to provide you with an explanation from the reliable science dissertation writing service about how to properly write a paper on Sociology and get a better mark.
Sociological research is a unique process that identifies problems and develops ways to solve them.
Sociology as a scientific discipline
Sociology is a science that studies society as a whole, its systems, elements, and patterns.
The object of study is the human society in all its manifestations.
The subject of sociology is the social interaction of people: the life of society, laws, phenomena, processes, and connections. Since these concepts are very broad, the subject of study represents a huge field of activity.
What defines sociology as a scientific discipline:
- Scientists, collecting research material, refers to certain structures of society, as actual phenomena occurring within specific groups.
- Information is selected based on a large volume of information collected.
- To avoid subjectivity, sociologists develop rules for collecting, analyzing, and processing the information obtained.
- The results of the study must be objective. Sociology has no right to conceal or embellish data.
- The purpose of sociology is to gather information about the phenomena occurring in society, to explain them, predict and manage them.
Based on the data obtained, it is possible to trace and predict the coming changes in society. The state, based on the results of research, is informed about the need for social order and control at all levels.
How to correctly write a paper on sociology
The thesis is an independent work, which requires an algorithm of certain actions:
- the choice of the topic;
- the selection of sources;
- writing the introduction, abstract, content, and conclusion.
The text of the thesis will be more theoretical. But if the topic is relevant and interesting, it will be possible to develop it further, including the results of research, and gradually turn it into a diploma paper.
Sociology includes the following sections:
- sociology as the science of society;
- social structure and stratification;
- social institutions and organizations;
- social control and management;
- social research.
Each section can be seen as a variety of topics for studying and writing a paper.
After selecting a topic, it is important to formulate the goals and objectives correctly, build the content of the thesis, and format it competently. Any abstract should have a title page, table of contents, introduction, main part, conclusions, and list of used literature.
The main part will be a summary of the material studied, and the transitional conclusions. In conclusion, it is necessary to make your observations on the topic studied. The volume of the thesis is 15-20 pages of printed text.
Presentation of papers is usually held in public on the day appointed by the teacher.
What topic to choose for college, relevance
The topic should be relevant to the development of science. For this purpose, it is necessary to determine what topics modern sociology is working on. It is necessary to proceed from the practical application and social order. Since there is always a huge number of topics for study, and with the development of society their variety increases, it is not difficult to do this.
When choosing a topic, examine its relevance to society and its practical application.
If you choose the topic “The effect of weather forecasting on the well-being of pets”, it is unlikely that the teacher will appreciate its relevance. You should also remember that any research requires material costs. Therefore, expediency is an important argument when choosing a topic.
The most useful and interesting topic will be one that includes research results, i.e., numerical measures.
Examples of topics:
- The family as a social institution
- Modern political and social conditions of civil society in the example of the city of Samara
- Analysis of the social system of modern Japan
- The study of competition in the market between Apple and Samsung
- Youth social movements in the modern USA
- Features of social groups in the modern world
Examples for different areas
It is important to choose the right section of science and formulate the topic within that section.
Example 1. History of Sociology. Suitable topics would be:
- Who can be referred to as the classics of sociology?
- Features of the development of domestic sociology.
- Development of sociology in the 40-the 50s of the 20th century.
Example 2. Sociology in the system of the humanities. Topics for the essay:
- Sociology and social philosophy: similarities and differences.
- Sociology and psychology in the process of research.
- Economic sociology and its peculiarities.
Example 3. Sociology of law. Topics for the abstract:
- A study of juvenile delinquency to identify the causes of the increase.
- Sociology of law in the works of American lawyers Oliver Holmes and Jerome Frank.
- Methods of gathering information and analysis in sociology of law.
Example 4. Social control and management. Topics for the essay:
- Methods of social control implementation.
- Features of social control in the modern USA.
- Functions of managerial activity of the state according to the results of the conducted research.
How to write an introduction, features
In the introduction it is important:
- to emphasize the relevance of the topic;
- describe the goals and objectives;
- specify the object and subject of the study;
- list the methods of the study.
If the research was not conducted, the object and methods are not specified. However, this will reduce the quality of the work performed.
It is important, starting with the introduction, to follow a scientific style.
Examples of formulation:
- The relevance of the topic is as follows…
- The problem of… has gained great importance in recent years
- The important direction is considered to be the topic of…
Statement of Purpose and Objectives
Any research should have a result. As an objective, choose the subject, phenomenon, or condition that you will be researching. Defining the goal is easy enough if you ask yourself what you want to achieve as a result.
To achieve the goal, you must define the tasks or steps to achieve it. Without properly formulated and implemented objectives, the goal will not be achieved. At the same time, even the best objectives without a goal will get you nowhere.
Examples of formulation:
- The purpose of this study is as follows…
- The objective of the abstract:
- The purpose of this paper is formulated as follows…
Formulation of Objectives:
- Following the purpose, the following tasks are defined…
- The objectives of this abstract are as follows…
- Objectives of the abstract:
The abstract is a creative work of the student, consuming a lot of time, which is always in short supply. Of course, it is better to receive a high-quality paper from one of the best writing services than make a low-quality paper yourself. It’s always for you to choose, however you should always be aware of how it should be done.