Have you ever forgotten your Wi-Fi password? There are times when you need to share your Wi-Fi passwords with friends and family, but you have not penned them down anywhere. If you are using an Android device technology, you must not worry about viewing your Wi-Fi password. Scroll down and learn different ways How to view WiFi passwords on Android?
Using the Setting app, router configuration, Google Lens, and opting third-party applications, you can view Wi-Fi passwords on your Android mobile. Wi-Fi passwords encrypt data shared between your device and the Wi-Fi network. Hence, I suggest not sharing your Wi-Fi passwords with anyone and trying to view them only.
In the post below, I will help you understand different ways to view WiFi passwords on Android. You can opt for any method among the given four options.
In This Article
How to View WiFi Passwords on Android?
It is normal to forget your WiFi passwords sometimes. But do you know that it is possible to view your wifi passwords? There are four ways to view your saved wifi passwords on your Android phone. You can view your saved wifi password using any of those four methods. Let’s see the ways of viewing wifi passwords.
1. Using Settings Application for Viewing Saved WiFi Passwords
Viewing saved Wi-Fi passwords using the Setting app is the easiest way on Android devices. You can view save Wi-Fi passwords on your Android device with a few taps only. Let’s see how you can do it.
- First, open the Settings application of your Android phone.
- Select the Connections option.
- Now, choose Wi-Fi.
- Then, in the Wi-Fi settings, you will notice the Saved Networks option or the Saved Connections option.
- Click on the Saved Networks option or the Saved Connections option.
- Next, tap on the Share tab or the QR code symbol.
- Finally, under the QR code, you will find your Wi-Fi password.
2. Using Google Lens for Viewing Saved WiFi Passwords
Method number two is a continuation of method number one. In this method, you can utilize the QR code that you find in the Settings application. Now, you can proceed to scan the QR code using Google Lens. But, you first need to take a QR code screenshot in your Wi-Fi settings. Let’s follow the steps of viewing saved Wi-Fi passwords with Google Lens.
- On your Android device, you need to first install the Google Lens app from the Google Play Store.
- Next, open the Google Lens and open the QR code screenshot.
- Once you open the screenshot of the QR code, Google Lens will automatically scan the QR code.
- Finally, when the scanning process is over, you can notice the password at the bottom of the screen.
3. Using Router Configuration Page for Viewing Saved WiFi Passwords
If you wish to learn how to view Wi-Fi passwords on Android using the router configuration, you must know your router’s login address and other details. These details are available on your router. You can also find these details on the internet based on the manufacturer of your router. Now, follow the steps of using the router configuration page to view saved Wi-Fi passwords carefully.
- First, open a web browser on your Android phone.
- Now, enter the router configuration page address.
- Next, enter your correct login credentials.
- Finally, tap on the Wireless button to view the password.
4. Using a Third-party Application for Viewing Saved WiFi Passwords
This is the last method of viewing your saved wifi passwords. However, this process will do your Android device’s rooting, and it is not recommended due to security and privacy reasons. You can only use this method if you have a rooted Android phone. So, if you have a rooted Android phone, follow the steps below properly.
- First, open the Google Play Store on your Android phone.
- Now, search for the Show Wi-Fi password option.
- You will notice many applications in the list. You need to install an application that is high-rated.
- After installing the application, open it.
- At last, you will find a list of saved Wi-Fi networks with passwords on your Android phone.
How to See Saved WiFi Passwords on Android?
Getting Wi-Fi passwords on your Android device is a very easy process. The easy way is to go to the WiFi settings of your Android phone and look for the password. You can use Google Lens if you are unable to find Wi-Fi passwords using the QR code.
Using the router configuration page is also a great and useful way to find the saved wifi password. Last but not least, if you have a rooted Android phone, you can use third-party applications to find the saved password. Use the methods mentioned earlier to view, share, or write down the passwords for further methods.
If you are looking to know “How to View WiFi Passwords on Android?” Check the above post, where I have mentioned four easy methods to learn “How to see saved Wi-Fi passwords on Android?” Also, I have stated the steps in detail for each method for your easy understanding.
Is your query resolved for “How to View WiFi Passwords on Android?” Please share your opinions and views in the comments section.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to see saved wifi passwords on Android?
By using the Settings application, Google Lens, router configuration page, and third-party applications, you can view your saved Wi-Fi passwords on your Android phone.
2. How do I remove my Wi-Fi password from my Android phone?
Tap on Settings > Select Network & Internet > Click on the Internet > Choose the Saved Networks option > Press and hold the network that you want to remove > Tap on the Forget button.
3. Can you delete Wi-Fi history?
Yes, you can delete your Wi-Fi history if you are the router’s admin.
4. Can the Wi-Fi owner see my IP address?
Anyone accessing your WiFi router’s admin panel can see your IP address.