Twitter’s community guidelines can blur sensitive content on the app and website. But you can turn off this feature. Let me tell you how to see sensitive content on Twitter. This setting option is available on iOS, Android, and the website. Stay on this article to know why you see warning for sensitive content and how to disable safe search.
Now that Elon Musk has taken over Twitter, the HQ has undergone many changes. The first one was the public announcement of paid verification on Twitter. This seemed like a bold move, given the fact that social media is all about the audience’s likes and dislikes. But this decision caused some trouble. The company has found itself in a cybersecurity scandal. Twitter verification phishing has become a big concern on this social site.
Twitter guidelines are very strict against any kind of misconduct on the website. Let’s see how you can see sensitive content on Twitter app and website.
How to See Sensitive Content on Twitter App?
Twitter blurs out content that might be inappropriate for viewers. This is decided based on the community guideline. But you can still see sensitive content on the app. Let me tell you how you can see sensitive content on Twitter on your Phone.
1. Go to Twitter on your phone.
2. Tap on your Profile icon for options.
3. Scroll and tap on Settings and Privacy.
4. Tap on Privacy and Safety.
5. Tap on Content you see from the options.
6. Now, tap on the checkbox beside Display media that may contain sensitive content.
You can make any sensitive content on Twitter visible by following these easy steps. Let me tell you how you can enable this option on your PC.
How to See Sensitive Content on Twitter Website?
Twitter tends to blur any sensitive content as per the community guidelines. But you can change the settings on the website to see the tweet. Here is how to see sensitive content on Twitter website.
1. Go to Twitter website and log into your account.
2. Now, tap on More. You will see this as the three dots in a circle on the left side of your screen.
3. Tap on Settings and privacy from the menu options.
4. Tap on Privacy and Safety.
5. Tap on Content you see.
6. On the top of your screen you will see the Display Media that may contain sensitive content. Tap on the checkbox beside it.
Once you tap on the checkbox beside the sensitive content warning, you will be able to see all tweets on the website.
How to Disable Search for Sensitive Content on Twitter?
Twitter has a safety option for search engines as well. You can disable the safe search for sensitive content option on Android and the website. However, you will not be able to disable this option on iOS. Let me tell you how to disable search for sensitive content on Twitter.
1. Go to your Twitter account.
2. Tap on More to see the settings menu.
3. Tap on Settings and privacy option.
4. Now, tap on Privacy and Safety.
5. Tap on the Content You See menu.
6. Tap on Search Settings to disable sensitive content search.
7. Tap on the check box beside Hide Sensitive Content to disable it.
After you disable search for sensitive content on Twitter, you will not see any warnings for the same.
What is “This Tweet Might Include Sensitive Content?“
You might have seen the warning “This tweet might include sensitive content” on your Twitter feed. This message is shown when the tweet has content that might be violent or inappropriate. You can see this warning for videos and photos in a tweet. If the language used in tweets is considered offensive it might get blurred with the same warning.
You can view any blurred content with the “This tweet might include sensitive content” warning. You can change settings for your phone and PC for the same. You can also disable or enable Safe Search on the app or website.
Now, you know how to view sensitive content on Twitter. You can disable the safety option on iPhone, Android, and the website. Twitter does have a safety feature for its search engine as well. You can disable it for your Android device or on the website. But you can not disable safe search on iOS as of now. We will keep coming up with more such Twitter topics. Follow us. And keep coming back to Path of EX!