Are you running a YouTube Channel and want to increase audience engagement? If yes, you are on the right page to learn about an amazing social media marketing tool. This tool will help you create interactive content to grab the viewers’ attention. Here, you will learn about the YouTube Cards and How to Use YouTube Cards to increase the viewers on your YouTube channel.
YouTube has increased brand awareness for many business organizations. It has become a favorite social marketing tool for marketers to share their content on YouTube and allow people to consume it. So, the new feature YouTube Cards can add fuel to your YouTube videos and build your brand reputation.
If you want to know about this amazing social marketing tool, go through my entire article and know about its usage. After all, videos are the most engaging content that people prefer to consume.
In This Article
What Are YouTube Cards?
YouTube Cards are a new way of interacting with your audience that you can put anywhere on the YouTube video. YouTube Cards appear on the video on the top right side of the screen.
If someone clicks on the card, it shows the links, playlists, videos, or channels. Before you get started on how to use YouTube Cards, understand the types of YouTube Cards.
There are five types of YouTube Cards that you can add to your videos.
- Video or Playlist Cards: Video or Playlist cards allows you to add another video or a series of videos on your YouTube video. When the audience clicks on the card, you can ask them to watch other videos by clicking on the YouTube Card. It helps you to promote your YouTube videos.
- Channel Cards: Channel cards allow you to add other channels you want your audience to check. If you have collaborated with other YouTubers, you can add that channel.
- Link Cards: Link cards allow you to add website pages to your videos. You can send the audience to the external websites but make sure it comes under the YouTube community guidelines.
- Poll Cards: Poll Cards help you inspire the viewers to participate in questions. It helps you to know about the opinion of the viewers and what they are expecting to see in the next video.
- Donation: Donation cards allow you to raise money for nonprofit organizations.
For example, you start a Youtube channel about fitness and health-related videos. You can add the next videos and YouTube video cards to your video.
When the audience clicks on the video YouTube Card, it helps you get more views on your youtube videos.
How To Use YouTube Cards?
To add the YouTube Cards to your videos, let’s get started with how to use YouTube Cards. Follow the steps below-
Step 1: Open the YouTube Creator Studio
- Open the YouTube Creator Studio.
- Go to the Video Manager.
- Choose the video to add a YouTube Card.
Step 2: Tap on the Cards icon
- A new page will appear on the screen.
- Tap on the Cards icon on the top of the page.
Step 3: Tap on Add Card
- Tap on Add Card. You will see various options like Video or Playlist, Channel, Donation, Poll, and Link.
- Click any of the YouTube Cards and tap on Create Card.
For example, if you click on a Video or Playlist card, you will be asked to link to another YouTube video or playlist to suggest related content to your viewers. You can add a Custom Message and Teaser Text. Finally, tap on the Create Card.
Each YouTube Card allows you to enter different types of information based on the type of YouTube Card.
Step 4: Adjust the YouTube Card on the Video
- Now, adjust the YouTube Card on the video,
- You can add the YouTube card anywhere on the video.
- Drag the slider on the time maker and adjust the YouTube Card where you want it to occur.
Note:- You can add five YouTube Cards to your YouTube video.
Step 5: Publish YouTube Video
Once you are done everything, publish your YouTube video. Before publishing, make sure you check the errors or the mistakes. Finally, tap on Publish.
Thus, you clearly understood ‘how to use YouTube Cards using the above steps.’
YouTube Cards is an amazing marketing tool to drive all the traffic to your website. You can engage the audience with organic content and increase the potentiality of your YouTube channel.
So what are you waiting for? If you have a YouTube Channel, you can increase audience engagement using YouTube Cards. Feel free to share the article with your friends and let them know how to use YouTube Cards. Stay tuned for all the exciting updates.