TikTok application is one of the dominant platforms among all the social media platforms. From posting a video to doing the business advertisements everything is done on the platform. The content on TikTok is authentic, genuine, and most importantly entertaining. If you have signed up for the account and are stuck on how to use TikTok to share your content. Worry not! You are on the right page to get your answers.
We mostly scroll through social media applications during our leisure time. Billions of people use TikTok and generation Z has fuelled the popularity of this platform with its unique content. From popular to common videos, everything keeps on flowing on the FYP and gives you access to trending videos.
Let’s not make it complicated anymore. If you want to enjoy the experience of the TikTok communities, quickly read the step series below. You will become a pro in using TikTok once you finish reading the article.
How To Use TikTok | Simple And Easy Guide
TikTok is a popular app that is used by millions of users. If you have created a TikTok account and do not know how to use TikTok. Worry not. I will help you with the basic methods of using TikTok. See the steps below.
Step 1: Navigate Through The Home Page
- The first step is to open the TikTok app and enter your login details.
- On the Home page. You will see various options like Home, Discover, +, Inbox, and Me on the bottom of the screen.
- On the right side of the camera page, you will see the options: Like, Comment, and Share.
- On the top of the home page, you will see two options like Following and For You. By tapping on the Following, all the user’s videos that you follow will appear here.
- By tapping on the For You page, popular videos flow on the FYP. Based on your interests, you will see the videos that you will enjoy. You will get an idea how to use TikTok.
Also, read How To Create Your First TikTok Video | 4 Simple Methods
Step 2: Discover Trending Videos
- Now, click on the search icon that is located at the bottom of the page. This will help you to find trending videos and hashtags.
- Discovering trending videos will help you to use how to use TikTok.
Step 3: Click On Inbox
- Now, click on the Inbox icon. This will help you with the notifications: Likes tags, people you follow, comments on your videos.
Step 4: Click On Direct Messages
- If you want to see the direct messages, click on the direct messages icon on the top right of the screen. Here, you can message your friends or send videos.
Also, read Weekly Trend Report: 7 Trending TikTok Trends
Step 5: Click on the Me icon
- Tap on the Me icon on the top right of the screen, it helps you to access your TikTok profile.
- On the profile page, two options like Edit profile and bio will appear. With the use of these options, you can edit your profile and bio.
Step 6: Navigate through Settings And Privacy
- To navigate through the settings and privacy page, click on the three horizontal dots.
- You will see the various options like Manage account, Privacy, Security and login, Promote, Balance, QR code, and Share profile.
- If you click on the QR code, you can share this code with other users so that they can follow you within a few seconds.
Also, read How To Do Text-To-Speech On TikTok: Set It’s Duration And Change The Voice
Step 7: Create TikTok Video
- To create a TikTok video, click on the +icon that is at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, you will be directed to the camera page. You will see the Red camera button, Uploads, and Effects on the bottom side. On the right side of the screen, you will see the various options like Flip, Speed, Filters, Enhance, Timer and Flash.
- Click on the record button and create a video You can choose the different features as you want. TikTok videos duration is up to three minutes.
- You can also speed up and slow down the video by clicking on the speed bar that will appear on the camera record button like 0.3x, 0.5x,1x,2x, and 3x. You can record multiple clips together and use the effects and get a pro on how to use TikTok.
Step 8: Adding Sound and Effects
- Once you are ready with the video, now you can add sound to your video.
- You will see the various options on the bottom of the screen like Sounds, Effects, Text, and Stickers.
- Click on the Sound Icon. You will see the two options like Recommended and Favorites and get an amazing music collection. You can select any of the music that you want to add to your video.
- Once you have selected the music, you will see the two options Added Sounds and Volume.
- Now, tap on the Volume and do the adjustment to the music.
- Click on the Effects icon. This will help you to enjoy amazing features like Trimming, transition effects, stickers, and text. Finally, click on the arrow embedded in the red circle to go to the post screen
Also, read How To Go Live On TikTok On Android And iPhone?
Step 9: Navigate Through Post Screen
- On the post screen page, you can add hashtags, tag friends, who can watch your videos(Everyone, Friends, and Only me), Allow comments, Allow duet, and Allow Stitch.
- At the bottom of the Post page, two options will appear Drafts and Post.
- Click on Post and upload your video. You can also share the uploaded video across different social media platforms.
If you want to check the videos of the other users, you can simply click on the user’s profile and check all the videos uploaded on their feed.
If you want to create a Duet TikTok Video, you can read my article on how To Duet On TikTok With A Saved Video| 8 Easy Steps.
Also, read Zero (0) Views On TikTok | 8 Instant Solutions To Fix It
I hope the above series of steps will help you to know how to use TikTok.
So if you are a beginner on TikTok, you can use this simple guide to get your answer to the question: How to use TikTok. Feel free to share this article with your friends. Keep visiting Path Of Ex for all the exciting updates. Have a nice day!