One of the great ways to enjoy movie nights with your friends and family is the Netflix Party or Teleparty, however, you may wanna call it. Netflix Party is a new way to watch TV shows and movies with your friends online. Check out the article to understand how to use Netflix Party in 2022.
Whether taking a break from work or spending quality time with your friends and family virtually, Netflix Party is a great tool to hang out with the people you love from the comfort of your couch. It is primarily a browser extension that allows you and your friends to watch a movie or TV episode at the same time.
Netflix party (or Teleparty) has been an excellent source of entertainment and hang-out place with our friend groups in this pandemic period to keep us sane while also ensuring social distancing. Netflix party has over 10 million people using the platform to connect and link up with friends and host movie nights. Follow through the article to know more about how to use Netflix Party to join in on the fun.
Read along as we discuss how this widely popular platform works and how to use and set up Teleparty to host long-distance watch parties for a good time with your loved ones.
How to Use Netflix Party? Install and Use Teleparty
Telepathy, formerly known as Netflix Party, is an extension available over Chrome browsers on your desktop or laptop computers. It has been recently made available over Microsoft Edge as well. Teleparty uses special links that you can send out to people you want to invite, it then synchronizes the video stream across all connected devices for a seamless and real-time experience.
Other features include a built-in chat section for every invited person to communicate while the video is streaming. The teleparty extension works well with Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and HBO Max. Now, let’s get started on how to install and set up Teleparty for an amazing remote viewing experience with your friends.
Also, read Learn How To Use Kast Application On Netflix?
How to Install Netflix Party?
As discussed Netflix Party is a browser extension and so installing it is quite easy. You just need to add the extension to your compatible browsers like Google Chrome and other Chromium-based browsers like Microsoft Edge and Brave. If you don’t have any of these browsers, you need to install them first, to begin with, this process.
In this guide, we have shared the simple steps that you can follow on your Google Chrome browser and understand how to use Netflix Party.
1. Open Google Chrome on your Mac or PC system and go to www.netflixparty.com or simply type Netflix Party in the search bar and follow up with the link that pops up first.
2. Once the site is opened, look and click on the Install Teleparty button at the top right corner of the page.
3. When you successfully accomplish Step 2, you’ll be redirected to the Chrome Web Store.
4. Now, to install Netflix Party on your browser, just click Add to Chrome to finish the process.
5. Once the extension is added, pin Teleparty to your Chrome toolbar for easy access.
How to Use Netflix Party?
Now that you have installed (or rather added) the extension to your browser, let’s check out how to use Netflix Party to enjoy those movie premieres with your gang.
1. First step to follow is to open Netflix in your browser. Again, for this guide purpose, we’ll talk about Google Chrome.
2. Login with your Netflix account or sign up if you don’t have an already available account.
3. Now, choose any show or movie you want to stream with your gang and then click on Play.
4. Look for the Netflix Party option and click on the red “NP” icon located next to the address bar.
Also, check out How To Stream Netflix On Discord Using Easy Steps
5. Select the checkbox if you want to be the sole controller of the video feed.
If you check the box, only you will have complete autonomy over pausing, playing, and surfing through the movie or show.
6. Now, click on Start the party to begin the premier.
7. Copy the URL and send out the invite link to your friends, towards the top-right corner of your browser.
One thing to make sure is that the people to be invited must have Netflix Party installed on their browsers as well.
8. Type in the message section to chat with one another as you all stream the movie or show.
Video on How to Use Netflix Party
This brings us to the end of our article on how to use Netflix Party. We hope that you found our guide useful and easy to understand to install and set up Teleparty on your Mac, PC, or Chromebook. Now that you know everything, what are you waiting for? Get started and set up watch parties with your friends now!