Do you like to enjoy apps, photos, videos, and more in landscape mode on your iPhone? With the unveiling of iOS 17, there are so many features that have been loaded in this update. Landscape Mode in iOS 17 is one such cool feature that has been quite famous and talked about. This feature lets you change how your device’s screen looks, making it wider when you turn it sideways. It’s like having two different views – one for regular use (we call it portrait mode) and one for when you want a bigger, widescreen experience (that’s landscape mode). Let us further find out about How to Use Landscape Mode in iOS 17.
With iOS 17 being very easy to use and loaded with so many features, this latest update is making quite rounds all over the internet. Whether you are looking for locking apps on iPhone in iOS 17, receive contact information on iOS 17, or clearing RAM on iOS 17, all this is just a matter of few clicks. Landscape mode in iOS 17 is one of the most sought-after features in this latest update. The Landscape mode has been there in iPhones before, but this latest update has landscape mode in standby mode.
Keep scrolling to read more about how to use landscape mode in iOS 17 and utilize this wide-angle to enjoy your apps more on your iPhones.
In This Article
How to Use Landscape Mode in iOS 17?
There are three main ways to use Landscape mode in iOS 17. Here is how to use it:
1. How to Use Landscape Mode Using Control Centre?
To activate landscape mode on iOS 17, follow these steps:
- Ensure your iPhone is running iOS 17.
- Disable the Portrait Orientation Lock. To accomplish this, swipe down from the top-right corner of your screen to access the Control Center, and then tap the Portrait Orientation Lock button.
- Rotate your iPhone horizontally.
Your iPhone will now be in landscape mode. Please note that certain apps may not support landscape mode.
2. How to Use Landscape Mode in iOS 17 Using Settings?
To enable and use Landscape mode in iOS 17, use the settings:
- Open Settings.
- Choose Display & Brightness.
- Find the Auto-Rotate setting.
- Turn it on.
This will enable your iPhone or iPad to automatically switch between portrait and landscape mode as you rotate the device.
3. How to Use Landscape Mode in iOS 17 Using Standby Mode?
The iOS 17 introduces a new landscape mode specifically designed for the iPhone StandBy feature. This mode is functional when your iPhone is charging and positioned horizontally on a stand.
To enable Landscape mode on iPhone StandBy:
- Confirm that your iPhone is running iOS 17.
- Position your iPhone horizontally on a stand.
- Connect your iPhone to a charger.
Landscape mode on iPhone StandBy will activate automatically in this configuration.
Apps That Support Landscape Mode in iOS 17
Several well-known apps that are compatible with landscape mode encompass:
To determine if an app supports landscape mode, follow these steps:
- While the app is active, tilt your iPhone into landscape orientation.
- If the app is designed for landscape use, the screen will rotate accordingly.
- Conversely, if the app lacks landscape mode support, the screen will persist in portrait mode.
In conclusion, making the most of landscape mode on iOS 17 is a straightforward process that enhances your device’s versatility. Whether you want to enjoy a widescreen view of your photos, videos, or games or take advantage of landscape mode for productivity in apps like Notes and Mail, iOS 17 has you covered. Moreover, the introduction of landscape mode for iPhone StandBy adds a new dimension to your charging experience. Simply ensure your device is updated to iOS 17, adjust your settings as needed, and explore the world of landscape orientation that iOS 17 has to offer.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I enable landscape mode on my iOS 17 device?
To enable landscape mode, go to “Settings,” then “Display & Brightness,” and turn on “Auto-Rotate.” This allows your device to switch between portrait and landscape modes automatically.
2. Can I use landscape mode for all apps on iOS 17?
Not all apps support landscape mode. To check if an app does, simply rotate your device while the app is open. If it supports landscape mode, the screen will rotate; if not, it will stay in portrait mode.
3. What is the new landscape mode for iPhone StandBy in iOS 17?
The landscape mode for iPhone StandBy is a feature that activates when your device is charging and placed horizontally on a stand. To use it, ensure your device is running iOS 17, place it on a stand in landscape orientation, and connect it to a charger. The landscape mode will automatically turn on.
4. How can I disable landscape mode if I don’t want it to auto-rotate?
To disable landscape mode, go to “Settings,” select “Display & Brightness,” and turn off “Auto-Rotate.” This will keep your device in either portrait or landscape mode, depending on your preference.
5. Are there any apps that are particularly useful in landscape mode?
Yes, several apps are known for their excellent landscape mode support, including Photos, Videos, Games, Notes, Maps, Mail, and Safari. Using these apps in landscape mode can provide a more immersive and productive experience.