Firestick TV is much more than a normal streaming device. One can stream the content on Hulu, Netflix, and other apps through Amazon Firestick. There is not only a rich content library available on Amazon Fire Stick, but it also gives you access to wonderful picture quality and ad-free shows. Moreover, if you intend to visit outside the country and want to access the Firestick TV there, then you would require a VPN connection. Keep learning more about how to use a VPN with your Amazon Firestick.
Using the VPN on FireStick will not give you access to endless content of your choice, but you would not come under the notice of an internet service provider. The ISP (internet service provider) may otherwise see what you are accessing and might restrict the access. Therefore, using the VPN is wise to remain hidden from the ISP and stream the content as usual.
Learn more in detail about how to use a VPN with your Amazon Fire Stick and stream the content irrespective of your location.
How to Use a VPN With Your Amazon FireStick TV | Hide What You Are Streaming
As far as how to use a VPN with your Amazon Firestick is concerned, we need to understand a few things about VPNs. Every VPN doesn’t work with Fire Stick televisions and similarly not every Fire TV sticks are compatible with all VPNs. However, this should not restrict our efforts to use VPNs on Fire Stick devices since there are many compatible options available. Below is the list of compatible versions of Fire Stick devices that work with most of the VPNs.
FireStick TV Models That Work Together With VPNs
When looking to know how to use a VPN with your Amazon Firestick and it compatibility, then you need to look at all the Firestick versions. Below are Fire TV Stick versions that are compatible with both the Amazon application store and APK (Android Software Bundle) applications:
1. Fire TV Cube (1st Generation).
2. Fire TV Stick (2nd Generation).
3. Fire TV Cube (2nd Generation).
4. Fire TV (3rd Generation Pendant Design).
5. Fire TV Stick 4K.
VPNs That Work Together with Amazon FireStick TV
In order to learn how to use a VPN with your Amazon Firestick, I have come up with some of the best VPNs for Fire Stick devices. These Firestick devices are not only compatible, but easy to install and use. They would provide an easy pathway to the internet and will disclose your identity to the internet service providers irrespective of your location. Find the list below:
2. Encrypt. me
4. Hotspot Shield
6. Ivacy VPN
7. KeepSolid VPN Unlimited
9. Perfect Privacy
10. Private Internet Access
Methods to Use a VPN With Your Amazon FireStick TV
When you are ready that you would set up a VPN app on your Amazon Fire Stick TV, you need to understand that you have to use three approaches for that:
Amazon Application Store Method:
1. Browse for the VPN you want to see on your Fire TV Stick gadget.
2. Save it to your computer.
3. Sign in to your account.
4. Establish a VPN connection.
When the VPN isn’t available in the Amazon app shop, check the Android app store.
1. I got a VPN from the store and installed it.
2. From your Fire devices, visit the Preferences.
3. Select My Fire TV from the drop-down menu.
4. Select Developer Options from the drop-down menu.
5. Locate the Downloader.
6. Click on the Download button.
7. Select OK to grant access.
8. Type in the APK installer’s URL.
9. Press the Enter key.
10. Press the Install button.
11. Once you’ve signed in to your Fire TV, the app will launch.
12. Access the server of your desires using the VPN.
Some other alternative is to link your Fire TV Stick to a VPN over the router. The user must look up how to connect the VPN to their router on their own, as the method changes depending on the router’s design and version.
How to Use a Mouse With Your Amazon FireStick TV
In connection with how to use a VPN with your Amazon Firestick while using a mouse, I learned few things which are very important. I learned that while using a Fire Stick TV it is a bit tough to stream the content with the help of the remote that comes along with it. Keeping in mind that, I found another way of using the Fire Stick TV and that is through Mouse. Below are the steps to learn how to use a Mouse with your Amazon Fire Stick TV:
1. Return to the Downloader application.
2. Go to the Settings tab.
4. Select the Home option from the drop-down menu.
5. Go to the Fire TV website and download the APK.
6. Get the APK file.
7. Put it in place.
8. Take a look inside.
9. Toggle Enable Mouse Service back on in Settings.
10. Quickly click the play/pause button on your remote twice to turn the mouse on and off.
How to Use Screen Mirroring on the Amazon FireStick TV
If you are looking to know how to use a VPN with your Amazon Firestick while using a screen mirroring method here is what you need to know. Regrettably, not all broadcasting platforms that people use provide casting. The users could be allowed to screen-mirror from their gadget to the Fire TV Stick when they’re using a streaming platform that doesn’t support it. Nevertheless, without third-party software or plugin, this won’t work on iPhones or Macintosh, so here are the instructions for PC and Mobile:
1. Launch the streaming app on your device.
2. Select the video you want to see.
3. To get to Quick Preferences, scroll down.
4. Select Screencast from the drop-down menu.
1. Go to the bottom right corner of the homepage, and tap on the Alert button.
2. Pick a project.
3. Choose a Duplicate from the drop-down menu.
4. Select your Fire TV gadget from the drop-down menu.
How to Check whether The VPN on Your Fire TV Stick Is Functioning
To see whether the VPN is functioning once you’ve installed it (how to use a VPN with your Amazon Firestick), follow these steps:
1. Select the Downloader application.
2. Select Home from the drop-down menu.
3. Type the URL in the address bar.
4. Select the “Go” button.
5. Whether that domain differs from your Fire TV Stick’s genuine IP address, the VPN is connected correctly.
I hope you have fully gone through the steps given above in the article to learn about how to use a VPN with your Amazon Fire Stick TV. Using the VPN will break the location or geo-based restrictions on your Amazon FireStick TV and you will enjoy the streaming of content easily. The VPN will also hide your location and identity and this way protects you from getting noticed.
I strongly recommend following the steps given above (how to use a VPN with your Amazon Firestick), and enjoying the streaming of content with the help of a VPN on your Amazon Fire Stick TV.
If there is any other question related to how to use a VPN with your Amazon Firestick, please write back to me in the comments section below.