If you know what an image hosting platform is, you already know that Imgur is one of the best. People use this platform to share images on forums, blog sites, and college projects et al. Imgur is absolutely free and supports almost all file formats. But how to upload images to Imgur on desktop and mobile? This post is all about that.
Let me quickly tell you what Imgur is and how it works. Imgur was founded in 2009. Imgur is a free image hosting service that focuses on social gossip. Favored by social media users and social forums like Reddit, Imgur is quite the hype. It is known for hosting viral memes, comedy photos, and quirky images. Users can create designs and post images on the platform, which are kept online for free. Only if an image is not accessed for 6 months is it deleted. There are also paid-for pro accounts on Imgur.
So, coming back to the main topic of today’s article, “How to upload images to Imgur on desktop and mobile?” It is a piece of cake, let me tell you. I’ll tell you the ways to upload images to Imgur from both computer and phone. Additionally, I will also show you how to edit and delete images on Imgur.
How to Upload Images to Imgur on Desktop And Mobile?
The convenience of this platform is impressive. You don’t even have to create an account on Imgur to be able to upload and share the link. Yet, there are a few disadvantages to not signing in. Firstly, your posts will be hidden from the Imgur homepage. Secondly, if you forgot your link, there is no way you can access your image again.
After signing in, you can have access to all the images you have uploaded, you can share them again and again, edit them, and delete them. And if you don’t delete them, the images will stay forever. Below you will learn how to upload images to Imgur on a desktop.
Upload Images to Imgur On Desktop
Follow these steps to upload images to Imgur on desktop:
1. Navigate to the Imgur website. Signing in is your choice. You can sign in using Apple, Google, Twitter, Facebook, and Yahoo accounts.
2. Next to the Imgur logo, you will see the New Post option at the top-left. Click on that.
3. Upload an image from your PC or paste a link from the web.
4. Put a Title and a Description. You can even add more photos and upload them together.
5. To copy the link, click on the Grab Link option and to embed the link on a website, click on the Embed post option.
6. If the Imgur community is where you want to publish the post, use tags smartly and afterward hit the To Community option. Since the Imgur community is reserved only for members, you will need to be signed into an account.
Congratulations, now your image is accessible to other members and they can upvote and leave comments on your image.
Upload Images to Imgur On Phone (Android & iOS)
Now you know how to upload images to Imgur on desktop. The process of uploading images from a phone is a bit different.
2. Login if you want.
3. Tap on the + icon you see on the bottom bar. Grant permission to the phone’s storage and select an image to upload. You can also take a photo or video from the app itself.
4. Assign a Title and a Description to the post. You can even add more photos and upload them in bulk.
5. To grab a link, unlike from a desktop, tap on the Upload button at the top. This will post the image as well as give you a link to share.
6. Tap on the Hidden button and select the Public option if you want to post the image to the Imgur community.
7. Add the tags and click on the Post button, and you are done.
How to Edit or Delete Images on Imgur?
There is no way you can delete an image that you uploaded without signing in. Though, you can delete an image that you have uploaded before signing in while trying to upload. Once you have closed the tab, there is no way. It will stay on Imgur forever. However, if you are a member, you can follow the steps below to edit or delete an image from Imgur:
Delete Images From Imgur on Desktop
1. Click on the Profile picture at the top-right corner.
2. Choose the Posts option.
3. All the posts (public and hidden) will be here. The public images are the ones you have posted to the Imgur community. Click on any image to open it.
4. From the posts menu, hit the three-dots menu and select the Edit post option. You can make changes like making hidden posts public, changing titles and descriptions, etc.
5. If you click on the Delete option, the image will be deleted. Obviously!
Delete Images From Imgur on Smartphones (Android & iOS)
1. Go to the Imgur app and tap on the profile picture at the bottom. Also, select the post you want to make changes to or delete.
2. Go to the Edit or Delete options from the three-dots icon at the top.
So, you now know how to upload images to Imgur on desktop and mobile. You also learned how to delete or edit images on Imgur. I hope I could help you with everything that you need to know about using the Imgur platform. It is a cool platform, and it will remain that way, in my opinion. And as always, I will see you at the next one. Adios!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Imgur Free?
Yes, Imgur is absolutely free to use. Although, you will get ads on Imgur. To get an ad-free experience
Can I upload screenshots to Imgur?
Yes, you can. It is the same as uploading any image. Go to the “How to Upload Images to Imgur on Desktop And Mobile?” section of the post to learn how to upload images to Imgur.
Are NSFW images allowed on Imgur?
You can upload NSFW images to Imgur as long as you keep them marked Hidden.