TikTok is one of the most used social media platforms in the world. It is also among the list of platforms with the largest number of users worldwide. So you can understand the capacity of TikTok as a social media platform. Most of the users on the platform choose to make their accounts private on the platform. But some are also looking for How to Unprivate Your TikTok Account.
TikTok, as a platform, has always looked after the user experience on the platform. Hence, they have changed their community guidelines to protect the privacy and safety of the users on the platform. TikTok has also reintroduced its features on its platform, which safeguard the safety of its users who are minors in age and also other users as well.
So, let’s get started and know how to unprivate your TikTok account. You can also share your feedback in the comments below.
In This Article
How to Unprivate Your TikTok Account?
It is a simple process when you wish to unprivate a video on TikTok. There is no neck-breaking job involved. You only have to follow some simple steps as mentioned below, and voila! your job is done.
1. Launch TikTok app.
2. Click on the profile page.
3. Click on the private videos option.
4. Choose the videos you wish to unprivate.
5. Tap on the three dots.
6. Click on the ‘Privacy settings.’
7. Click on ‘Who can watch this video’ and change the setting to ‘Friends’ or ‘Everyone’ as per your choice.
Note: You have the option to make your TikTok account private, which is useful if you do not want to private all your videos one by one.
Can You Unprivate a TikTok Video?
Yes, you can un-private a TikTok video. There are three different options on TikTok for managing your content on the TikTok feed. The three options are given below:
1. Private: When you select the private option, you can see the video on your profile. No one else or even your friends on the platform can view this video on TikTok.
2. Friends: According to the option, only your friends can see the videos on TikTok. The list lists the names of the people you follow on TikTok and those who follow you back.
3. Public: The public videos on TikTok are featured on the For You page, even if they do not go viral. You can see the engagement of the video in your account through the number of likes and comments your TikTok video receives. When you wish to see how your videos perform on TikTok, then follow this method.
In the video, you will get the option to unprivate a TikTok video. The option is “Who can view this video.”
How to Make Your Account Public on TikTok?
You can publish a TikTok video after posting it from a private account. You have to go to the hamburger option and get the option for the Privacy Settings on TikTok. You will find it below the share option on all your videos. Always remember that the platform’s private videos do not cross the app’s guidelines. You may have to deal with TikTok’s algorithm as well.
TikTok has a video screening method that goes against the guidelines of the app. Such content includes illicit or demeaning ones. Even when the video is private, the app never supports sharing those type of content. So, TikTok’s algorithm removes the videos which do not align with the rules.
Hence, it means that even when your videos are private, they can be accessed through the app. Hence, while posting anything on TikTok, always remember to maintain the platform’s guidelines; otherwise, your video will not appear.
The interface on TikTok’s user is user-friendly, and it is easy to change the settings of the TikTok account from private to public or vice-versa. Hence, to make your TikTok account public, only follow the given steps mentioned below.
1. Open the TikTok app on your device.
2. Click on the profile option.
3. Tap on the three dots icon.
4. Go to Menu and tap on the settings and privacy option.
5. Choose the accounts section.
6. In the accounts section, go to the list and click on the privacy option.
7. Besides the private account, click on the toggle icon.
8. Confirm your decision by switching from a private to a public account.
Why Won’t My TikTok Go Public?
Glitches and bugs are quite common on the platform of TikTok app as billions of users use the platform globally. Hence, if you are trying to make your TikTok video public and have no luck in it, then there are a few reasons for the same. I have discussed them in detail below. Let’s check them out.
1. TikTok Server is Down
Social media platform, which is widely used across the globe, always experiences problems with their servers. Sometimes, TikTok accounts are banned for no reason. The problems might be big or small. But the support teams of these applications constantly work to make things perfect for their users. Hence, do not worry or get anxious it is a common scenario.
Do not try to upload or make changes to your profile when the app server is down, as they will not be saved. You can make the changes later on when the server is working perfectly.
2. TikTok Reviews Your Videos
When TikTok finds the content of your video not at all compatible with the platform, then they might review the videos. TikTok protects the user’s privacy on the platform. The videos or posts you put up on the platform must be compatible and follow the guidelines of TikTok. In such cases, the app reserves the right to review your content.
This may result in the video being taken down by issuing a warning. Always remember when your private video is under any kind of review, you cannot change the settings.
3. Account is Private
Before making your video public, remember you should not have a private account. Hence, nothing to worry you have the option to make your videos public. Simply go to the Setting, make your account public, and then post the videos. You can also post a YouTube video on TikTok to gain a big bundle of likes.
4. Unstable Internet Connection
When the network connection is not working properly, then the changes you make on the app will not be saved. Hence, you must check your data connection and make the required changes in such cases. Moreover, you may also check the data connection on your mobile or wifi, whichever you use on the app. Choose the one which works best for you and makes the app run smoothly.
Watch How to Unprivate Your TikTok Account
So, it is not a difficult task to unprivate your TikTok account. Anyone can do that. In such cases, you have to follow the methods mentioned above. TikTok is a platform that would make the process smooth and easy as they have introduced similar features on their platforms. They also make the user experience on the platform easy for all. So, apply the processes mentioned above and make TikTokking easy.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to unprivate your TikTok account?
When you wish to unprivate your TikTok account, you must follow some simple steps below.
1. Launch the TikTok app
2. Click on the profile page
3. Click on the private videos option
4. Choose the video you want to unprivate
5. Tap on the three dots
6. Click on the Privacy settings
7. Click on ‘Who can watch this video’ and change the setting to either ‘Friends’ or ‘Everyone’ as per your choice
How to make your account public on TikTok?
To make your TikTok account public, you must follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Open the TikTok app on your device
2. Click on the profile option
3. Tap on the three dots icon
4. Go to Menu and tap on the settings and privacy option
5. Choose the accounts section
6. In the accounts section, go to the list and click on the privacy option
7. Besides the private account, click on the toggle icon
8. Confirm your decision by switching from a private to a public account
What are the problems faced in making the TikTok account public?
When you want to make the TikTok account public, you might face problems like the server being down, internet connectivity not working properly, TikTok reviewing your videos, and you have set a private TikTok account.