The Camo Unlock system has changed, leaving players wondering how to unlock the Polyatomic Camo in Modern Warfare 2. The Camos look fantastic and show other players that you are an expert with that weapon and at Modern Warfare 2. So you need to get it!
Grinding your weapon to unlock the Mastery Camos is one of the most fun and satisfying parts of any Call of Duty game. And Polyatomic Camo is a Weapon Mastery Camo Skin you can get by finishing its challenges because it’s more than unjust a cosmetic preference.
Although the Polyatomic Camo is comparatively harder to unlock than the Gold and Platinum Camo, it is worth the effort as it shows your mastery of weapons. That, combined with the fun road to acquiring it, no wonder everyone wants in! Bet you do, too, so let’s see how to unlock the Polyatomic Camo in MW2.
In This Article
What is the Polyatomic Camo in MW2?
The Polyatomic Camo in MW2 is a highly sought-after purplish-black camouflage for weapons.
It’s one of 4 completionist camos in the game, the other 3 being Gold, Platinum, and Orion. It’s available for every weapon class, including assault rifles and SMGs.
How to Unlock the Polyatomic Camo in MW2?
There is a process you need to follow to unlock the Polyatomic Camo in MW2, including completing challenges.
To see the challenge, you must unlock it, which is a long process. To unlock the Polyatomic Camo in Modern Warfare 2, you first need to do this for each weapon class:
- Complete base challenges to unlock the Gold Camo Challenge,
- Then unlock and complete 51 Platinum Camo Challenges,
- Then you can unlock the specific Polyatomic Camo Challenge for your chosen weapon and complete it.
After unlocking the Polyatomic challenge, the challenge itself is easy. If you’re unsure how to unlock it, check the detailed process below.
Detailed Process to Unlock the Polyatomic Camo in MW2
So, what if you need more details on unlocking the Polyatomic Camo? Just refer to this list below:
- Complete all 4 Base Camo Challenges for a specific weapon to unlock its Gold Camo Challenge.
- Get 2 to 3 eliminations 10 times for a specific weapon without dying to unlock its Gold Camo.
- Repeat the first two steps and complete all Gold Camo Challenges for all weapon classes.
- Complete the Platinum Challenges for all weapons (minimum = 51 weapons) to unlock the Polyatomic Camo Challenges.
- Complete a Polyatomic Camo Challenge for a specific weapon to unlock its Polyatomic Camo.
How to Complete Each Challenge to Unlock the Polyatomic Camo?
If you need help knowing how to complete the Gold, Platinum, and Polyatomic Camo challenges, I’ve got you. Here’s a step-wise list:
- The Gold Camo for a specific weapon can be unlocked by completing all of its 4 Base Camo Challenges.
- When you’ve unlocked the Gold Camo for every assault rifle in the game, you’ll unlock the Platinum Camo Challenge for all assault rifles.
- The Platinum Camo Challenge typically gets 25 longshot deaths using a specific weapon.
- Once you’ve got 25 longshot eliminations, you’ll unlock the Platinum Camo for that weapon.
- Unlock the Platinum Camo for all weapons (a minimum of 51 weapons) to unlock the Polyatomic Camo Challenge.
To get the camo fast, use a weapon that you’re good at using and that’s adequately skillful for all maps of the game. I propose you go for the M4 as the first weapon to attempt the Polyatomic camo with.
When you get here, you’re done with the challenge!
While the challenges might seem hard or lengthy, players worldwide are quickly leveling up their weapons. Level up yours, all you need to do is unlock the Polyatomic Camo in Modern Warfare 2. Path of EX will be back with more gaming updates.