Voicemails are a pretty handy feature for all the busy Apple iPhone users, however, they aren’t made for everybody. Some of us would actually prefer missed calls to recorded voice notes. Thanks to the pandemic, we don’t even want to reply anymore. If you want to learn how to turn off voicemail on your iPhone for the same reasons then dive into this article.
It is actually very easy. You just don’t know how to do it. It’s some very basic MMI numbers, a few clicks in your settings and that’s it. Simply go through all the points to learn how to turn off voicemail on iPhone and I am sure they will definitely help you.
How To Turn Off Voicemail On iPhone?
All methods that we have mentioned below are in continuation. Begin from method one to the last one. We have also shared some numbers of service providers below, just in case you still are unable to turn off voicemail on iPhone, you can contact them to do the same.
1. Call *#61# To Find Your Voicemail Number on iPhone
To turn off your voicemail on iPhone you need to have your voicemail number. If you do not know this number yet then follow these steps-
- Open the “Phone” app from the home screen of your iPhone.
- On the keypad, dial *#61# and call.
- This will tell you the number of your voicemail.
- Note down this number because you will need it further.
2. Activate Call Forwarding To Your Voicemail Number On iPhone
Now you need to forward your calls to your voice mailbox number. It is pretty easy to do so.
- Open the “Settings” app on iPhone.
- Scroll down and click on “Phone”.
- Tap “Call Forwarding”.
- Turn the Call Forwarding toggle on (if it isn’t already). Moreover, if you have already forwarded your calls to another number then disable call forwarding and start these steps again.
- Now, input the voicemail number in the field.
- Since there’s no option to save your settings you can simply leave to the menu to save your settings.
Now, all your calls are forwarded to your voicemailbox number.
3. Call #404 To Turn Off Voicemail On iPhone
To turn off voicemail on iPhone, you need to launch the Phone app again and choose from some options. Here is how you can do it-
- Launch the “Phone” app on iPhone.
- Input #404 on your keypad and call to disable the voicemail service for your iPhone.
- On the next screen, a pop-up will show with all the disabled voicemail features like “Fax Call Forwarding”, “Data Call Forwarding”, and “Voice Call Forwarding”.
- Click on “Dismiss” and close this pop-up.
Now, you will not get any voicemails until and unless you check your voicemail box for any messages.
4. Call ##004# To Deactivate/Disable Your iPhone Voicemail
You also need to dial an MMI to disable your iPhone voicemail. Again the steps are super easy and you can do it in seconds. The only problem is, not every service provider adheres to these MMI codes. So you have to try it out to check whether this method works for your service provider or not.
- Open the “Phone” app on iPhone.
- Dial ##004# and call.
- Now, you will see a “Setting Deactivation Succeeded”.
- Click on “Dismiss” and exit the page.
Now, you can try and put your iPhone on Airplane mode and check if this method worked for you or not.
5. Connect With Your Service Provider To Turn Off Voicemail On iPhone
We all know reaching out to customer service is a hefty task, but this will make a clear solution to turn off your voicemail on your iPhone. Before you make this permanent change, know that all your saved voicemails, messages, and greetings will be deleted. So, only contact your service provider if you are ready to delete your personal voicemails.
Moving forward, it isn’t much difficult to contact your phone carrier or service provider. You can get their numbers from Google itself. Here are the number of top four service providers in the US.
- AT&T Customer Service Numbers: 1-800-288-2020, 1-800-311-0500
- Verizon Customer Service Numbers: 1-800-922-0204, 1-877-596-7577, 1-800-837-4966
- T-Mobile Customer Service Numbers: 1-800-937-8997, 1-877-453-1304
- Sprint Customer Service Numbers: 888-211-4727, 866-866-7509, 1-866-795-7597
6. Fill Up Your Voicemail Space
I know it might sound absolutely absurd, but it world and that’s what matters. Simply filling up your voice mailbox until it can no longer take any more calls is the best thing you can do if you cannot get any other method to work.
Enable Airplane Mode in your iPhone. Start calling yourself and leave as many voicemails as you can. When your voicemail is completely full you will never receive any voicemails again. Until you want to.
Learning “How To Turn Off Voicemail on iPhone” is a pretty simple process. Firstly dial *#61#, note down your voicemail number. Dial #404 and click Dismiss. Again dial ##004# and click Dismiss. At the end call service providers or fill up your voice mailbox.
That was all about this article on how to turn off voicemail on iPhone. If you liked it then comment below your views. Do not forget to share this article with your friends. Have a great day!
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Turn Off Voicemail On iPhone 12 Pro Max?
To turn off voicemail on iPhone 12 Pro Max, call *#61# and jot down your voice mailbox number. Then call #404 to click on Dismiss. Again call on ##004# to click Dismiss. You can also contact service providers. If nothing works then simply fill up your voice mailbox by calling yourself on Airplane Mode.
How do you turn your voicemail off?
Just dial *#61# on your iPhone and then note down your number. Or you can simply call on your own voice mail box multiple times to fill it.