Instagram is the most trending social platform that brings us closer to the people and things we adore. It is owned by Meta and lets you express yourself to new advanced features. It enables you to share photos and videos in a fun and creative way. If you want to know about its new platform, how to turn off Vanish mode on Instagram? Keep scrolling.
The messages that you send can disappear on Instagram just like you do on Snapchat. Here you can do it manually by simply enabling and disabling it. Let us see how you can make your chatbox temporary with the help of the Vanish mode.
Below are the steps that will let you disappear your messages from your chatbox. Read further to know how you can enable and disable the vanish mode on Instagram.
What Is Vanish Mode?
Vanish Mode is the latest feature that was added to Instagram in late 2020. It lets every Instagram user send messages, photos, videos, or any other stuff but it will disappear by using this feature if you want to. The moment you send your messages, they will disappear from the chatbox.
Make sure you are updated to the latest messenger features on Instagram.
NOTE:-Messenger features are available on the Instagram app for both Android as well as iPhone users.
Vanish Mode (Enable and Disable)
Vanish Mode on Instagram can be used both on iOS and Android devices. If you want to enable or disable Vanish Mode on Instagram, follow the subheadings below-
How To Enable Vanish Mode?
If you want to know how to enable Vanish mode on Instagram. Go through the following steps:
- Open the Instagram app.
- On the top right of your app tap on “Direct” or the “Messenger” icon.
3. Open the chatbox of your friend.
4. Swipe up from the bottom of your screen.
5. Enable the Vanish mode for whom you want to.
6. Finally, you will see that all the messages have disappeared.
NOTE:- If you take the screenshot of the messages in Vanish mode the person will be notified for the same. If Vanish mode is activated on your Instagram, either party can get notified like the screen will turn dark and you will see a pop-up.
How To Turn Off Vanish Mode?
If you want to know how to turn off vanish mode, go through the following steps:
- Open the Instagram app on your device.
- Open the chatbox of your friend for whom you have enabled vanish mode.
- Swipe up from the bottom side of your screen again
- Tap turn off vanish mode.
5. You will see Vanish mode has been disabled.
Tips To Remember:-
- Vanish Mode is automatically turned off if you leave the chatbox
- Once you have disabled Vanish mode, you won’t be able to send, copy or forward any disappearing message.
- Vanish mode feature is available only on the Instagram account. It will not work in Facebook(Meta) messenger.
- You cannot use Vanish mode in group chat.
- If you chat with an unknown person, make sure to take a screenshot of those messages or you can do the recording of that conversation before that chat vanishes.
- You can also block the account or report the account If someone violates the Instagram community guidelines.
How To Report A Message Sent In Vanish Mode?
Sometimes the messages sent in Vanish mode go against community guidelines you can report it with the use of the following steps:-
- Open the Instagram app and go to the chatbox.
- Open the message conversation.
- Hold the message you want to report.
4. Tap on Report.
5. Select the reason for the message you want to report.
How To Report A Chat Sent In Vanish Mode?
- Open the Instagram app.
- Tap on the username and go to the chatbox
3. Tap on Report.
4. Select the reason you want to report.
We hope these simple guidelines will work for you. Now you can enjoy chatting and use this feature to see the magic box of end-to-end chat. You can simply apply these tricks as it is convenient to use. Please visit this page for all the updated solutions to your problems. Hope you got aware of these tricks. You can share this with your friends and leave a comment here if you face any problems. Stay tuned. Have a nice day!