Among the features in the Spotify app, you will find the Automix feature, which helps you to seamlessly transition songs with one another. This feature has been used by most users for quite some time now. Off late, most people are planning to opt out of the feature. So, I have curated an article on how to turn off Automix on Spotify. This will help you to understand and get the process of disabling the feature within no time.
The Spotify playlist also has other options as well. For example, you can actually check who likes your Spotify playlist and make the Spotify playlist public as well. The Automix feature can be availed by users who have access to any of the subscriptions in the app.
But as of now, you must read how to turn off Automix on Spotify. This will help you do away with the feature you do not like on Spotify.
How to Turn Off Automix on Spotify?
If you wish to turn off the Automix feature on Spotify, you must refer to the steps mentioned below. I assure you the steps are easy to use and follow.
Step 1: Open Spotify App
Launch the Spotify app on your device and Log in to your Spotify account.
Step 2: Go to Settings
Go to the top right corner of the screen and click on the Settings option.
Step 3: Tap on “Playback”
Go to the Settings option. Then go to the option of Playback and click on it.
It will land you on the page for the playback settings page.
Step 4: Disable Automix
In the playback option, you can see the option of Automix; you can disable it by shifting the button to the right.
Step 5: Restart Spotify
To ensure that the changes you have made have been applied, you can close the Spotify app and restart it after some time. These settings will be refreshed, and the feature of Automix on Spotify will be disabled.
Step 6: Enjoy Full Control of Your Music!
After you have turned off the feature of Automix, you can now enjoy seamless music on Spotify.
Also, read Are Spotify Playlists Public? How to Manage Your Privacy Settings
What is Automix on Spotify?
Automix is one of the recent additions to the feature on Spotify. It helps you to have a smooth transition from one song to another. It allows you to loop in the next song easily without any hassles. However, a Spotify user may not get to know the difference quite easily as you would be listening to the songs one after the other. Hence, most people need to learn that the Automix feature is turned on. But people who know prefer to keep the feature turned off.
Also, read How Bad Is Your Spotify: An AI Bot That Judges Your Spotify Playlist!
Reasons to Turn Off Automix on Spotify
The Automix feature on Spotify can be an amazing option when planning music for any event or party. But many people have reasons to turn off the music. So let us dig in and get to know the real reasons now.
1. Personalized Music Experience: Automix helps you to transition between songs automatically. The feature works as per the algorithm of Spotify. The Automix may not bring in songs as per your taste and preference. When the feature is turned off, you can have more control over your music and the option to create a customized listening experience for yourself.
2. Song Segues Interrupted: Automix is introduced to create a smooth transition between two songs, but sometimes it can cause interruptions or sudden changes, which may not be desirable for the user. By disabling the Automix option, you can enjoy songs without any kind of interruptions or sudden transitions.
3. DJ-like Control: When you enjoy creating your own playlists and curating your music library, turning off Automix gives you control over your music playback. You can easily select and play each song manually and create your own music.
4. Artist/Album Intention: Artists or albums on Spotify have a specific intention to have the sequence of any song. Automix may disintegrate the flow and destroy the listening experience. By disabling Automix, you get to listen to songs in their original intended sequence and choose the next song as per your taste and preference.
Also, read How To Share Spotify Playlists With Another User in 2023?
Watch How to Turn Off Automix on Spotify
Now I believe you have a better idea of how to turn off Automix on Spotify. The steps are super easy, and you can complete them in under a minute. So, what are you waiting for? Just read the article in detail and get to work now! Of course, you may also have your own reasons to disable the option, but you can just brush through the options above.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I still use other Spotify features after turning off Automix?
Yes, you can use the Spotify features after turning off Automix.
2. How can I turn on Automix again if I change my mind?
If you wish to turn on the Spotify Automix feature, you can follow the steps below:
1. Launch Spotify App on your device.
2. Go to the Settings option.
3. Go down to the Playback option.
In the Playback option, you get to see Automix.
Switch on the Automix feature.
3. Will disabling Automix affect my Spotify Premium subscription?
No, when you disable Automix, your Spotify Premium subscription is unaffected.
4. Can I disable Automix on Spotify for specific playlists only?
Yes, you can disable Automix on Spotify for a particular playlist only.