TikTok has a strict set of community guidelines that a user must abide by in order to stay on the platform. But recently, tons of TikTok users complained that TikTok had banned their accounts for no apparent reason. TikTok users, especially from the U.S., have complaints that there was no violation of their account, but TikTok suspended their account. There is a way out of this, you need to submit an appeal and get your account unbanned. In this article, I will tell you How To Submit An Appeal On TikTok.
TikTok has set community guidelines and content policies that everyone on the platform needs to follow. If TikTok finds your content in violation of the rules, your account might get temporarily banned, shadowbanned, or permanently banned. So, without further ado, let’s dig in to know how to get a banned TikTok account back.
In This Article
How To Submit An Appeal On TikTok?
Recently, TikTok users took on different social media platforms like Twitter and Reddit and voiced their frustration with TikTok banning the wrong accounts. According to the users, even though they didn’t violate any guidelines, TikTok has banned their accounts.
The glitch is recent, and after the complaints, TikTok has now allegedly started unbanning the wrongly banned accounts. In case you still haven’t got your account, then you need to submit an appeal on TikTok.
If your TikTok is blocked or banned, then it goes away on its own after some time, but a shadowban can be resolved by specific fixes. A permanent ban will, however, require you to submit an appeal. In order to do that, follow the given steps.
- Launch TikTok on your device.
- When your account is banned, you will receive a notification saying that your account is banned.
- Tap on Appeal, in the notification bar.
- Follow the on-screen instructions as you head to appeal on TikTok.
- Express your issue in a simple, clear, and respected language.
- Submit on appeal and you are done!
- TikTok will reach out to you via your email in 1-3 business days.
How to Get a TikTok Account Unbanned Without Appeal?
In case the ban is permanent, you won’t be able to receive the submitted to appeal notification; you will have to contact TikTok customer care and report the issue. In order to do so, follow the given steps.
- Launch TikTok on your device.
- Tap on the profile icon at the bottom right of the screen, and you will be directed toward your profile page.
- At the top right corner of your profile page, tap on the three horizontal lines and select settings and privacy.
- In the settings and privacy option, tap on Report a problem.
- Select appropriate categories in the Report a problem section and then select “Need more help?”
- Explain your issue regarding the permanent ban on your TikTok account, and then tap on Report.
After you submit our report, TikTok will contact you within 1-3 business days and solve your issue. Since the TikTok support team is also active on Twitter, you can also contact them on Twitter and explain your issue. In order to do so, follow the given.
- Head to Twitter on your device.
- Tap on compose a tweet. In your tweet, explain your issue regarding the age-restricted error message and then tag @TikTokSupport.
- Publish the tweet and wait for the team to get back to you.
Note: You can also use hashtags like #TikTokBan, #TikTokBanWave, and #TikTokPermaBan in order to receive help from the TikTok support team.
Temporary Ban VS Permanent Ban on TikTok
There are two major types of bans on TikTok, temporary and permanent. As the name suggests, a temporary ban is restricted from a few hours to one week (seven days) as your account gets suspended. You can not complete some actions on the platform, such as uploading a video, commenting, sending DMs, or even editing your profile.
If you are continuously violating TikTok’s guidelines, TikTok might tell you that your account may be permanently banned, and you can not submit an appeal for that; you will have to report the issue to the TikTok support team and wait for their response.
But don’t worry, TikTok can lift both a temporary ban and a permanent one after an appeal.
How to Not Get Banned on TikTok?
There are certain ways in which you can avoid getting banned on TikTok, the most basic and simple one is to avoid violating TikTok’s community guidelines.
You can go through Tiktok’s community guidelines, but it can be quite hard it understand what it says. So, I have made a list in a concise manner that will help you not get banned on TikTok.
- Make sure that the content you post is appropriate for all age groups.
- The content you post on TikTok should not promote violence or illegal activities.
- The content you post on TikTok should not mislead or spam other users. TikTok will detect spam as bot activity and might ban your account.
- Make sure that the content you post is not sharing anyone’s personal information without their consent.
- The content should not promote or glorify self-harm.
- Do not share explicit content.
- Make sure that the content you share does not threaten public safety.
- Make sure that you don’t even repost content that promotes illegal activities. If you have previously shared such a post, make sure to undo the repost on TikTok.
Watch How To Submit An Appeal On TikTok
TikTok is known for its ever-changing trends and challenges. The platform takes its community policies quite seriously and you will need to follow those in order to enjoy the platform. If your account gets banned on TikTok, you will need TikTok to submit an appeal in order to get it unbanned. To know, How To Submit An Appeal On TikTok, read the entire article and share it with your friends. For more trending stuff, keep visiting Path of EX.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to submit an appeal on TikTok?
On the ban notification> tap on Appeal. Follow the on-screen instructions>Express your issue in a simple, clear, and respected language>Submit on appeal, and you are done!
How to get a TikTok account unbanned without appeal?
In order to get a TikTok account unbanned without appeal, you will have to contact the TikTok support team.