Want to solve Rubik’s Cube 4X4? If yes, get ready with your Rubik’s cube as we have got a quick guide for you to solve your Rubik’s cube.
It is not strange how most of the people on the internet solve the Rubik’s Cube in minutes even without looking at it. Like How? It is not simple at all. But, they must have practiced the step a lot of times to master the art of solving it without any worry. And, you too can do that!
Solving the 4X4 Rubik’s cube is a similar process to solving the 3X3 Rubik’s cube with just two to three steps more. To solve Rubik’s cube 4X4, you need to follow:
- Step 1: Start with the white center
- Step 2: Pair the edges
- Step 3: Solve the cube just like the 3X3
But firstly, let’s know about your Rubik’s Cube as these are available in many variants. If you have a 4X4 cube, there will be four layers, Top layer, two Middle Layer, and Bottom layer. So now, you need to solve Rubik’s Cube 4X4 in the layers and not as a whole. But how to do that? Let’s find out the steps below.
How to Solve Rubik’s Cube 4X4?
Ready to master the art of solving Rubik’s cube? Let’s begin with understanding the different parts of the cube to make it easy to understand the directions later on.
Face: In a 4X4 Rubik’s cube, there are 6 faces. These are mostly White, blue, yellow, green, red, and orange. With White opposite to yellow, red opposite to orange, and blue opposite to green.
Centerpiece: The set of four pieces at the center. These are 24 in number as a whole in a 4X4 Rubik’s cube. But, there is no fixed centerpiece that could indicate the face color.
Now as you got to know about your cube and understood the basic terminologies, it’s time for you to get familiar with the following codes, which we will use later on in the steps to solve Rubik’s Cube 4X4. These are:
- 1 move = ¼ TURN.
- There are two algorithms.
These two are important to the FRONT face of your Rubik’s Cube so it stays at the FRONT through all of the turns be it the Right-hand or the left hand.
- The direction of spin can be clockwise and anticlockwise.
- R– rotate the right face of your cube clockwise
- L- rotate the left face of your cube clockwise
- Symbols for faces:
- U– Up face
- u- Inside up
- Uu- Up face and inside up
- D– Down face
- d- Inside down
- Dd- Down face and inside down
F– rotate the front face of your cube clockwise
B– rotate the back face of your cube clockwise
In case you need a break and want to improve your IQ by playing Intellectual games, then try Best Chess Games 2021
Steps on How to Solve Rubik’s Cube 4X4?
To solve 4X4 Rubik’s cube, you need to follow a sequence of steps. Firstly solve the centers, then pair the edges, and lastly solves the Rubik’s cube 4X4. To do this, follow:
Step1: Start with the White Center
As there are 24 centerpieces on this 4X4 Rubik’s cube, start solving the cube with the white center first. For this, look for the white center tiles.
Now, Locate another WHITE center tile that is not on the UP face. Now Turn the DOWN face (D) until the other WHITE tile is in the lower right of the 4 center tiles.
Don’t worry if the white tile is not at the down position. In such a case,
- Hold your Rubik’s Master so that the other WHITE tile is on the FRONT face.
- Turn the FRONT face (F) until the tile is in the lower right of the 4 center tiles.
Now turn the Up face until there is a non-WHITE tile in the upper left corner of the 4 center tiles. Now there are two possibilities:
- If another white tile is at the front, follow RrUR’R’.
- If another WHITE tile is on the DOWN face, follow Rr2URr2.
- Repeat all the steps from the beginning till all the 4 tiles at the center are white.
- Repeat the same steps for each face.
In the end, you will have a cube with centerpieces in the following orientation:
- WHITE opposite YELLOW
- BLUE opposite GREEN
- ORANGE opposite RED
If you are having the same results, then pat your back! You are Halfway done!
Step2: Pair the Edges
Remember, at the start, we have discussed, there are 24 edge pieces on a 4X4 Rubik’s cube. Let’s began by solving the edges now. To do this,
- Start by finding the two orange and white edge pieces.
- Turn the layers outside until you get the edge pieces on the left and right of the FRONT face without focusing on the Centerpiece. It need not be similar. Now check:
If the edges are not directly across from each other, follow the RF’UF sequence to line them up. After the edges are across from each other, follow DdRF’UR’FD’d. Done with one? Keep on reaping step 2 till you get all the 24 edge pieces paired.
WUHU!!! the last step left and you are done. This step will be easy for you if you know how to master the 3X3 cube, in case you don’t know, here is a quick guide for you, How to Solve Rubik’s Cube 3X3: Step-by-Step Guide
Step3: Solve the Cube
At last, you need to match the centers with the edges. Just like the 3X3 cube, You need to:
- 1st: Solve the White Cross
- 2nd: Solve the White Corners.
This is important, if you can’t solve the White Corners, you may have the Centers in the wrong color order. You’ll need to go back and resolve the Centers and Edges.
- 3rd: Solve the Middle Layer: to do this, keep the paired edges together as one piece with a white face at the down.
- 4th: Make the Yellow Cross. There are the following possibilities:
- If you have 1 or 3 Yellow edge pairs on the UP face, follow r2B2U2IU2r’U2rU2rU2F2rF2I’B2r2.
- If you have 0 or 2 Yellow edge pairs on the UP face, follow the steps same as that of 3X3.
- 5th: Make the UP face all Yellow
- 6th: Position the Yellow Corners
- 7th: Position the final Yellow Edges. To do this, check, how many yellow edge pairs are in the correct position.
If 1 Yellow Edge is correctly placed, follow the r2U2r2Uu2r2u2. and if two of the yellow edges are correctly placed, then there must be two possibilities:
- If pairs are on the opposite ends: In such case, Hold the Rubik’s Master so the correctly placed edge pairs are on the LEFT and RIGHT faces. Follow, r2U2r2Uu2r2u2
- If pairs are adjacent, then Hold the Rubik’s Master so the correctly placed edge pairs are on the LEFT and BACK faces and follow the r2U2r2Uu2r2u2 algorithm again.
And you are done. Yayyyyyyy!!!!
So these are the steps to solve the Rubik’s cube 4X4 in quick and easy steps. Just keep a check on some common mistakes while solving the cube-like I did. Never turn the whole cube and complete all the algorithms with full concentration, else you will ruin all the efforts put by far.
All the best.