You must have seen a lot of videos of people solving the Rubik’s cube in minutes without even looking at the cube. And, if you wonder how people do this in a couple of minutes, here is how you too can master this! This post is the guide on How to Solve Rubik’s cube 3X3 in easy steps.
Solving a Rubik’s cube is defined as a symbol of a high IQ. More than 97% of the world’s population does not know how to solve a tiny cube with six edges. And, Why not?
People who know How to Solve Rubik’s Cube 3X3, suggest it is not a kid’s task. You need to follow a series of steps that might seem to be tricky. But this doesn’t mean you cannot do that. Just follow the steps below and you are done:
- Step 1: Create a 4 petal daisy
- Step 2: Make a white cross out of the daisy
- Step 3: Solve the corners, One at a time!
- Step 4: Look for an edge with no yellow in it.
- Step 5: Create a yellow cross
- Step 6: Position the yellow corners in place
- Step 7: Complete the Yellow Face
- Step 8: Use the algorithms
Still didn’t get it clearly, Don’t worry, below is a detailed explanation of all these steps along with the reference pictures.
But firstly, let’s know about your Rubik’s Cube as these are available in many variants. If you have a 3X3 cube, there will be three layers, Top layer, Middle Layer, and Bottom layer. So now, you need to solve Rubik’s Cube 3X3 in the layers and not as a whole. But how to do that? Let’s find out the steps below.
How to Solve Rubik’s Cube 3X3?
Ready to master the art of solving Rubik’s cube? Let’s begin with naming the different parts of the cube to make it easy to understand the directions later on.
FACE: In a 3X3 Rubik’s cube, you will find 6 faces. It is simple, the number of different colors is equal to the faces. The color of the face is considered by the color of the non-moving central piece (yellow in the figure below)
Edge piece: The pieces that always lie between the centerpiece and the piece at the edge with the same color and include two colors (red and blue in the picture) These are 12 in number.
Corner piece: The set of three pieces at the corner. These are 8 in number as a whole.
Want to increase your vocabulary as well? Try playing Best Word Games 2021
Now as you got to know about your cube and understand the basic terminologies, it’s time for you to get familiar with the following codes, which we will use later on in the steps to solve Rubik’s Cube 3X3. These are:
- R– rotate the right face of your cube clockwise
- L- rotate the left face of your cube clockwise
- U– rotate the up face of your cube clockwise
- D– rotate the down face of your cube clockwise
- F– rotate the front face of your cube clockwise
- B– rotate the back face of your cube clockwise
Along with this, there are two hand algorithms, well required to Solve Rubik’s Cube 3X3: the left-hand algorithm and the right-hand algorithm.
Also, keep with the spin of the cube: Clockwise and anticlockwise.
Do you love studying with the new trend using technology? Then give consideration to 10 Best Educational Apps for Students 2021
Steps on How to solve Rubik’s Cube 3X3: Top Layer’s Guide
As you are completely ready with the terms, now it’s time to follow the steps. So, grab your Rubik’s cube and begin with the following steps to solve Rubik’s Cube 3X3:
Step1: Create a 4 Petal Daisy
Keep the face with yellow at the center upside down and create an imaginary, four-petal daisy with the yellow part as the centerpiece as guided in the image above, yellow at the center, and white petals as the daisy.
Step 2: Make a White Cross Out of the Daisy
Look at the image and without changing the daisy’s face, find out the green part at one of the edges.
Hold the top layer in the fixed position and rotate the bottom 2 layers so the green edge is lined up with its center. Now bring the same green piece to the correct position in the bottom layer by rotating the front-facing cube two times.
Repeat the same for the other edges as well and keep on spinning the cube to get the next edge facing you, until the same white cross is formed again.
Step 3: Solve the Corners, One at a Time!
As the white daisy is facing upwards, try solving it first. To do this look for a corner piece and analyze where the block belongs after being solved by identifying the 2 faces it should sit between.
As now you have the white at the center, flip the cube and place it with a yellow face upside at the top.
From the top layer, choose a corner piece. Place the cube as such that the corner piece comes to your right position. Hold on the top layer and rotate the middle and the bottom layer till that corner comes to lie at the top of its face.
Use RUR’U and keep on repeating it till you reach the right place.
Now, locate the next white corner and follow the same for the next 3 corners as well. And, your top layer is solved now.
Wuhu!!! You completed the 1st stage easily.
Relax take a pause and till that have a look at the Best Newly Released Games 2021.
Steps on How to Solve Rubik’s Cube 3X3: Middle and Bottom Layer’s Guide
Until now, the process involves the right-hand algorithm only, but now, for the middle layer, we will be using both algorithms. All we need to do is to judge the 4 edge pieces of the middle layer and to place them properly. To do this,
Step 1: Look for an Edge With No Yellow in it.
Firstly, locate an edge that does not have a yellow in it and position your cube in such a manner that the said edge faces you. And now, rotate the bottom layer and the middle layer to bring the edge to the correct face.
There will be two possibilities now. One requires the piece to be moved in the right direction while the other in the left!
But don’t get much confused.
If you need to move the piece towards the right, just:
- Rotate the top layer to the opposite direction of where the edge should go.
- Start right-hand algorithm.
- Spin the cube clockwise.
- Look for the white corner on your left side and now perform the left-hand algorithm.
- It’s done, the edge is at its desired place.
And if, you need to move the piece towards the left, just mirror this:
- Rotate the top layer to the opposite direction of where the edge should go which is to the right.
- Start left-hand algorithm.
- Spin the cube anticlockwise.
- Look for the white corner on your right side and now perform the right-hand algorithm.
- It’s done, the edge is at its desired place.
Step 2: Create a Yellow Cross:
look at the cube keenly. You will find a dot with no edges in place, a half cross, or a line. These are the optional positions for the following colored face.
If it has a half cross, spin the cube in the right-hand algorithm so the cross is pointing right and facing you. But, if it has a line, then spin in such a way that becomes horizontal. Use the right-hand algorithm for this situation too. Repeat if you feel the need till the corners are placed correctly.
Step 3: Position the Yellow Corners in Place
Keep a check and look for each yellow corner. It should be placed over the solved cube. Now swap 2 adjacent corners. For this:
- Keep the yellow face facing the top, spin the entire cube so both corners that need to be swapped are to your right.
- Repeat three right-hand algorithms and spin clockwise.
- Now repeat three left-hand algorithms.
- Keep on rotating the top layer until all of the corners are in the right place.
- Do two diagonal corners twice and it is placed in the right position.
Step 4: Complete the Yellow Face
Look for the corners, are they in the right directions? No!!
Make all the whites face up and one which needs orientation, place it at the bottom. Use the Right-handed algorithm till the desired corner is at the right position and hold the top 2 layers.
Is the corner at the right place? If not, right-hand algorithm until it is in place and do the same for all the four corners.
Step 5: Use the Algorithms
Keep the yellow edges at their place or the last 4 yellow edges position. Done?
- Solve one side first perform this algorithm holding the yellow side up F2 U L R’F2 L’R U F2.
- When you are done with one side, hold your cube so the yellow face is up and the solved side is facing backward.
- This will result in two possibilities which need the edges to be moved in a clockwise or anticlockwise direction.
- to move clockwise, use F2 U L R’F2 L’R U F2
- to move anticlockwise use F2 U’ L R’ F2 L’ R U’ F2
Now you are completely done!
So these are the desired steps that need to be followed if you want to know how to solve Rubik’s Cube. Yes, it is completely fine if you get confused in your first attempt, even after watching the guide, but as said Practice makes a man perfect, with due time, it will be a matter of seconds for you.
All the best and enjoy!