Apple has finally revealed the details of its newest tech devices. The Apple Event ‘Far Out’ was a spectacular tech event. We got to know that iPhone 14 will have eSIM. If you are unsure how to setup eSIM in iPhone 14, here is how to do that. Along with the iPhone 14, Apple announced Apple Watch Series 8, AirPods Pro 2, and more.
We finally know all the features and specs for iPhone 14. You can expect to get the new iOS 16 software update on all Apple-supported devices soon. iOS 16 offers a bunch of cool customization options. You can now change the layout on your lock screen with iOS 16. Focus mode in iOS 16 lets you silence notifications from specific apps. There are a lot more features on iOS 16.
Now, getting back to setting up your eSIM on your new iPhone. Here is how to setup eSIM in iPhone 14. You can also switch from Android to iPhone by following the steps in this article.
In This Article
How to Setup eSIM in iPhone 14?
Apple has finally moved on to eSIM. iPhone 14 has ditched physical sims and has embraced eSIM. Here is how to set up eSIM in iPhone 14:
1. Go to Settings in your new iPhone.
2. Scroll and tap on Cellular, now tap on Add Cellular Plan.
3. Choose a cellular plan to transfer from your previous iPhone. If you cannot see any numbers, tap on Transfer From Another Device.
4. You will be asked to confirm the transfer of your eSIM on your old iPhone. Tap on Transfer. If you are asked for a verification code, you can find it on your new iPhone.
5. You will have to wait till your cellular plan is activated on your new iPhone.
6. Once your eSIM is activated on your iPhone, tap on the Finish Setting Up Your Carrier’s Cellular Plan.
7. You will be redirected to the web page of your carrier services to complete transferring the eSIM.
Note: When you are transferring your eSIM from your previous iPhone, both devices need to run on iOS 16.
In this way, you can transfer and set up eSIM in iPhone 14. If you cannot use the on-screen guide, you can also set up eSIM manually. Here is how you can do that.
How to Setup eSim in iPhone 14 Manually?
For any reason, if you cannot set up your eSIM on your iPhone 14, you can try doing it manually. Here is how to setup eSIM in iPhone 14 manually.
1. Contact your service carrier to get eSim details. You will need these details to set up eSim manually.
2. Once you have all the details, go to Settings.
3. Now, tap on Celluar or Mobile Data.
4. Tap on Add Cellular Plan.
5. Now, tap on Enter Details Manually. You can find this option at the bottom of your screen.
This way, you can set up your eSIM manually on your iPhone 14.
How to Setup eSIM in iPhone 14 When Switching from Android to iPhone?
If you are moving from Android to iPhone and have all the details on your eSim from your service carrier, here is what you need to do.
1. Tap on the notification saying Carrier Cellular Plan Ready to Be Installed
2. Go to Settings, tap on Carrier Cellular Plan Ready to Be Installed.
3. Now, tap on Continue. You can see this option at the bottom of your screen.
4 If your plan differs on the eSim, remove your physical sim and restart your iPhone.
Note: If you are switching from Android to iPhone, you need to contact your eSim Carrier to transfer your phone number to your iPhone. You can choose to do that with eSim Carrier Activation or get a QR code for scanning.
Once you have completed the transfer process, make a call from your new iPhone to ensure the eSIM is active.
Now I have told you how to setup eSIM on iPhone 14. You can transfer your eSim from your old iPhone to your new one. You now know how to move your number from Android to iPhone on eSim. Setting up eSim on your iPhone is easy and simple.
If you found this article helpful, share it with your friends. We will keep coming up with more such easy-to-follow fixes. Keep visiting Path of EX!
Frequently Asked Questions
How many eSIM can iPhone 14 have?
iPhone 14 will be able to store up to six eSIMs.
Is the iPhone 14 eSIM only?
Yes, iPhone 14 will have eSIM only. Apple revealed this at the launch of the iPhone 14.
Is the iPhone 14 eSIM?
Yes, iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro will operate only on eSIM.