Many Twitch streamers sometimes get confused while setting their PayPal for Twitch. Setting up a Paypal account for your Twitch channel is very important as it is a way to earn from your viewers. That’s why in this article, we will learn how to set up PayPal for Twitch streamers.
Donations through PayPal are one of the prime ways a streamer makes money. Even if you don’t have affiliate status on Twitch, viewers who enjoy their material frequently leave a few dollars as tips. As a safety precaution, it should be mentioned that you might not wish to immediately cash out your PayPal donations.
On Twitch, fans have been caught making phoney PayPal donations before cancelling the whole thing. This may incur fines if you’ve already removed and used the money. Anyway, that does not stop you from learning how to set up PayPal for Twitch. Let’s read further about it.
How To Set Up PayPal For Twitch Accounts?
One of the best things about Twitch is the variety of ways people can support your page, including by giving cash straight to your PayPal account. Those Twitch streamers who have PayPal accounts can ask their audience to donate money directly by utilizing the email address connected to their PayPal account. Below given are the steps to set up PayPal for Twitch:
Steps to Set Up PayPal For Twitch –
- Sign up for a PayPal account. You can create this using your PayPal login even though it will be distinct from your standard PayPal account.
- After completing the steps to establish an account, select “More” from the menu.
- Click the “Get Started” button under the heading “Manage Your PayPal.me Profile” in the lower right corner of the screen.
- By turning the toggle to the on position, confirm that your PayPal.me link is operational.
- Copy your PayPal link that is located at the top of the screen.
- Sign in to Twitch after creating your PayPal account. It will help you to add a Twitch panel with PayPal information.
- Click on your avatar in the top right corner of the screen on Twitch, then select “Channel” from the drop-down menu.
- Once on your channel, click on the “About” section to set up PayPal for Twitch.
- You can edit your panels by scrolling down till you see the opportunity. Toggle the switch.
- To add a new panel section, click the “+” button, then from the list of options, choose “Add a Text or Image Panel.”
- By selecting “Add Image,” you can submit the file if your PayPal donation panel is integrated with a nice Twitch panel.
- In the “Image Links to” part of the panel box, paste your PayPal link. Write a brief note of gratitude to persons for their prospective assistance. Next, click “Submit” to set up PayPal for Twitch.
- To check your panel for accuracy, toggle “Edit Panels” off.
Should You Accept PayPal Donations?
Now that you know how to set up PayPal for Twitch, you may be wondering whether you should accept PayPal donations or not. As a streamer, it’s up to you whether you accept donations. The majority of viewers won’t take PayPal donations, despite the possibility that they could be recalled. As they become more familiar with the streaming market, PayPal and other online payment processors have occasionally sided with a streamer when donations are in dispute.
There are other ways for your subscribers to help you on your channels, such as subscribing, Twitch gift subs, and Bits if you are uncomfortable collecting donations through PayPal.
One effective technique to get your viewers to support your channel is to set up PayPal donations. It is quite easy, and with time, you might start doing this to generate passive revenue. So, that was all about how to set up PayPal for Twitch. I will update the article if anything new updates come up. Till then, stay tuned to Path of EX and keep sharing this article with your friends and family. Happy Gaming!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Does PayPal Work With Twitch?
If you are in the US or one of the countries listed below, you can buy Bits on any Twitch channel that has Bits enabled by clicking the ‘Get Bits’ button above the video player. Once you select the bundle you want to buy; you will be able to choose PayPal as a payment method.
2. Do I Need PayPal For Twitch Affiliate?
Getting paid by Twitch is a pretty straightforward process. Once you’re part of the Affiliate Program and generate a minimum of $100 in revenue — either from subscription bumps or accumulated Bits — Twitch will issue a payment. You can set that up to a checking account, a PayPal account, or even a standard check.