Have you ever come across an Instagram Reel that you wanted to share but couldn’t? Well, many people go through this. Don’t worry! I am here to tell you that I have brought a way for you to repost a Reel on Instagram. By following this guide, you will save yourself from a copyright strike.
Instagram already has features that allow healthy sharing and circulation of posts and stories. But at the same time, it has strict privacy and copyright policies. If the content owner is not comfortable, then without their permission, you cannot share profiles, stories, and posts. But it’s all different with the Reels. There is a separate pattern to share Reels, which I will tell you in detail.
So without further ado, let me walk you through this amazing blog on how to Repost a Reel on Instagram.
In This Article
Can You Repost a Reel on Instagram?
Well, the answer to this question is very contradictory. Instagram’s built-in feature allows you to repost a publicly posted Reel on your story. However, you cannot repost a Reel on your profile page and feed. There is no such thing. But don’t fret! After a lot of research work, I have brought some tricks for you, which are mentioned below in detail.
How to Repost a Reel on Instagram Story?
To repost a Reel on Instagram as a story, here are the steps that you need to follow:
1. Open the Instagram app and log in.
2. Navigate to the Reel that you want to repost on your story.
3. Make sure that the account of that Reel owner is public.
4. Tap on the arrow below the Reel to share.
5. Now tap on the option of Add Reel to your story option.
6. Then tap on the Add Story option at the bottom of your screen.
And that’s it. This is how you need to repost a Reel on Instagram as a story in just a few easy steps.
How to Repost a Reel on Instagram as a Post?
As already mentioned, there is no such way to repost a Reel on Instagram as a post, but I have brought it away. You need to download a third-party application and repost through it. Here is the step-by-step guide that you need to follow.
1. Go to the App Store of your choice and download a Repost app.
2. Now open the Instagram app and navigate to that Reel.
3. Tap on the three dots on that Reel and copy the link.
4. Now open that Repost app and paste the link there.
5. Next, add your own caption to differentiate it from the original creator’s caption.
6. Now tap on the Repost option.
And that’s all. This is how you need to repost a Reel on Instagram.
How to Repost a Reel on Instagram as Your Own Post?
If you want to post those Reels as your own, you can follow the steps given below:
1. Open the Instagram app.
2. Navigate to the Reel that you want to post.
3. Tap on the icon of sharing below the Reel and choose the option to post it as your story.
4. As you will land on the story page, tap on the three dots in the top right corner.
5. Select the option to save the Reel.
7. Now, you can share that Reel in a fresh way on your profile.
That’s how to repost a Reel on Instagram as your own post by downloading the original Reel and posting it as your own.
So, I hope this blog on how to repost a Reel on Instagram has cleared all your doubts and queries. If you still have any questions, feel free to comment below, and we will reach out to you soon. To read more such informative blogs, keep visiting our website, Path of EX. Have a great day ahead!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why can’t I repost on Instagram?
The reason for you not being able to repost on Instagram is that either they have a private account or they don’t allow you to share their posts.
2. Is it legal to repost Instagram Reels?
Yes, if you post without the owner’s permission, it is considered illegal. If you post with their permission, it’s not illegal.
3. Why is repost not working?
The report may not be working because you may be using an outdated version of the app. The old version may not support such newly rolled out features like reposting of Reels, etc.
4. Is it okay to delete and repost a reel?
Honestly, it’s not recommended because it drops down your content quality and decreases your engagement level. This may also negatively affect your followers and viewers.