Do you watch Netflix? I do! As viewers, we watch different types of content on the popular OTT streaming platform Netflix. We have the benefit of creating and sharing Netflix profiles. This adds up to the increased number of views in the browsing history. Clearing the browsing history is crucial as it can slow down the speed and ruin your browsing experience. From a security point of view also, we must remove recently watched shows at regular intervals. To know how to remove Netflix recently watched shows, stay in this space.
The question is, why remove recently watched shows? The answer is we can create four Netflix profiles. If each profile has its own take and preferences for watching Netflix, the list of recently watched shows and the content will increase dramatically. The more the cached files, the slower the browsing speed of the streaming device.
So, here is the guide on how to remove Netflix’s recently watched shows on any streaming device. If the Netflix profile’s recently watched list is updated, the streaming device won’t have any issues.
In This Article
How to Remove Netflix Recently Watched Shows- Multiple Devices
Removing recently watched shows on Netflix clearly means removing or deleting the cached files. Binge-watching is normal for working couples or homemakers; apparently, the app creates cached files, which can slow down and hamper the browsing experience. Clearing cached or recently watched items should be a regular practice. Here are the steps.
How to Remove Netflix Recently Watched Shows on Android?
The Netflix app on Android is not equipped with the feature to view or clear recently watched content. However, your Google Chrome or any mobile browser can help clear Netflix-loaded cached files. Here are the steps.
1. Exclude Netflix from the VPN setting to remove Netflix Recently Watched Shows on Android.
2. Visit the Netflix website to complete the procedure.
3. Tap on the Menu and select Account.
4. Scroll down and reach the Parental and Profile Control selection.
5. Tap on the view link.
6. To remove a single episode or a show, select a slashed circle.
7. Select Hide All to remove the entire series or a movie.
How to Remove Netflix Recently Watched Shows on Web Browser?
You will require a web browser to remove Netflix recently watched shows on devices like Android, iPhone, Mac, or a PC. Here are the steps.
1. Open your web browser, and move to the Netflix website.
2. To the right side of the profile, click on the dropdown menu.
3. Click on the Viewing Activity selection under the Parental Control option.
4. You can choose from the entire history or a single episode option and click on the Slash sign.
5. Click on the Hide Series option to click the entire series.
How to Remove Netflix Recently Watched Shows on iOS?
To remove Netflix’s recently watched shows on iOS-enabled devices, you need to seek the browser’s help. Here are the steps.
1. Click on the Menu Option.
2. Choose Request Desktop Site to follow the further steps.
3. Now, open the Netflix website.
4. To the right side of the profile, click on the dropdown menu.
5. Click on the Viewing Activity selection under the Parental Control option.
6. You can choose from the entire history or a single episode option and click on the Slash sign.
7. Click on the Hide Series option to click the entire series.
How to Remove Netflix Recently Watched Shows or Clear Cache on Firestick Device?
If you want to clear cached files from your Firestick, here are the steps.
1. Go to the Settings tab on your Firestick.
2. Select the Application option.
3. You will see Managed Installed Applications.
4. Select Netflix or any app whose data needs to be cleared.
5. Now, select Clear Cache.
6. Clear the data, and you are done.
How to Remove Netflix Recently Watched Shows in 2023? Watch the Video Now
On a concluding note, now you know how to remove Netflix’s recently watched shows on various devices and platforms. One thing is clear, whatever the device you chose to stream, make it a habit to update it at regular intervals by clearing cached files. It will not only enhance your browsing session; an updated device won’t cause other errors. For more such queries, you can visit the Path of EX.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does removing Netflix recently watched show mean?
It means clearing the cached files to speed up the downloading and browsing process.
How to remove Netflix recently watched shows?
Under the parent control option, you can clear history or remove a single episode.
Is the process of removing Netflix’s recently watched shows the same on every device?
Yes, the process of removing the files is almost similar, as it is the web browser that does the task.